Mixed Signal SoC Market by Application and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026
- Published: Mar 2022
- Pages: 130
- SKU: IRTNTR72726
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The mixed signal SOC market share is expected to increase by USD 25.37 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.22%.
This mixed signal SOC market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers mixed signal SOC market segmentation by application (consumer electronics, IT and telecommunication, automotive, and others) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The mixed signal SOC market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Apple Inc., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., Intel Corp., MediaTek Inc., NVIDIA Corp., NXP Semiconductors NV, and Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., STMicroelectronics NV, and Toshiba Corp. among others.
What will the Mixed Signal SOC Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Mixed Signal SOC Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Mixed Signal SOC Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The integration of multiple functions in a single IC is notably driving the mixed signal SOC market growth, although factors such as the design complexity of mixed-signal SOCs may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the mixed signal SOC industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Mixed Signal SOC Market Driver
One of the key factors driving growth in the mixed signal SOC market is the integration of multiple functions in a single IC. A mixed signal SoC is an IC that can process analog and digital signals together. In a mixed signal SoC, various components such as analog and digital circuits, ADC converters, filters, RF modules, and analog comparators are integrated on a single die. It consists of tens and hundreds of cores on a single IC, which provides fast processing capacity. Multi-core processors have multiple cores that run on lower frequencies compared with a single processing unit, which results in enhanced performance and low power consumption. Hence, these processors are widely used in various products, including smart devices and consumer products. Mixed signal SoCs enable the conversion of analog signals such as sound, light, and heat into digital signals for processing. Thus, they are widely used in electronic systems. Many devices such as mobile phones, computers, car engines, and wearable devices are being miniaturized. This is driving the demand for mixed-signal SoCs incorporating added functionalities without compromising on power consumption and performance.
Key Mixed Signal SOC Market Trend
The increasing demand for IoT devices is a mixed signal SOC market trend that is expected to have a positive impact in the coming years. The IoT is the system of interrelated devices or things embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity. It involves M2M communication, which enables devices to exchange and act upon information by eliminating human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. The data collected from these devices can be analyzed to optimize services, products, and operations. IoT device manufacturers are integrating HMI technologies and low-power wireless technologies in devices such as cameras, drones, smart speakers, smartphones, smart TVs, and others. This is leading to the development of high-performance mixed-signal SoCs for IoT devices, which enable power-efficient data processing and machine learning computation. IoT is driving the demand for connected devices, which is leading to the demand for mixed-signal SoCs used in these devices. Thus, it is expected that mixed signal SoCs will be used primarily for IoT devices, as they are compact and provide additional functionalities in a single chip
Key Mixed Signal SOC Market Challenge
The design complexity of mixed-signal SoCs will be a major challenge for the mixed signal SOC market during the forecast period. The integration of multiple functionalities in a single IC is leading to increased complexity in the mixed signal SoC designing process. In mixed-signal SoCs, analog and digital circuit blocks are integrated on the same semiconductor die, which leads to a complex design process. Such processes require extensive testing and verification. Therefore, the need for advanced architectural design and circuit implementation poses a challenge for mixed-signal SoC manufacturers. The miniaturization of semiconductor ICs, along with the integration of multiple functions in a single IC, is leading to the development of ICs built on lower technology nodes such as 14 nm, 10 nm, 7 nm, and below. As a result, SoC engineers and designers are adding more analog circuitry and importing large blocks of mixed-signal circuitry. This is becoming a challenging task for engineers to perform full-chip verification of large mixed-signal SoCs.
This mixed signal SOC market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2022-2026.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the mixed signal SOC market as a part of the global electronic components market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the mixed signal SOC market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Mixed Signal SOC Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Apple Inc.
- Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- Intel Corp.
- MediaTek Inc.
- NVIDIA Corp.
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Toshiba Corp.
This statistical study of the mixed signal SOC market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The mixed signal SOC market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as coming up with new technologies and are increasingly using mergers and acquisitions to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - The company offers mixed signal SoC products such as Kirin 980.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The mixed signal SOC market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Mixed Signal SOC Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the mixed signal SOC market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the electronic components market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Mixed Signal SOC Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
73% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and India are the key markets for mixed-signal SOC in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The presence of a large number of OEMs of consumer electronic devices, automobiles, telecommunication equipment, and enterprise networking equipment will facilitate the mixed signal SOC market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the region was one of the worst affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Countries such as India, China, South Korea, and others-imposed lockdowns, which resulted in the closure of several electronic manufacturing facilities and negatively impacted the regional mixed signal SoC market in 2020. Moreover, disruptions in the supply chains led to a massive shortage of silica chips, which, in turn, led to a decline in the manufacturing of mixed-signal SoCs in 2020. However, various end-user industries in the region stabilized in 2021, owing to increased vaccination drives and the lifting of lockdowns. This is expected to positively impact the mixed signal SoC market during the forecast period
What are the Revenue-generating Application Segments in the Mixed Signal SOC Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The mixed signal SOC market share growth in the consumer electronics segment will be significant during the forecast period. Consumer electronic devices include smartphones, tablets, laptops, digital video disc (DVD) players, gaming consoles, home automation devices such as dishwashers and smart thermostats, smart TVs, and several other IoT devices. The increasing implementation of human-machine interface (HMI) technologies in consumer electronic devices is driving the development of mixed-signal SoCs. The global smartphone market is witnessing saturation in terms of unit shipments, owing to the lack of disruptive innovations. This is leading to an extension in the smartphone replacement cycle.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the mixed signal SOC market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Mixed Signal SOC Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.22%
Market growth 2022-2026
$ 25.37 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 73%
Key consumer countries
China, US, South Korea (Republic of Korea), India, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Apple Inc., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., Intel Corp., MediaTek Inc., NVIDIA Corp., NXP Semiconductors NV, Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., STMicroelectronics NV, and Toshiba Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Mixed Signal SOC Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2026
- Detailed information on factors that will drive mixed-signal SOC market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the mixed-signal SOC market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the mixed-signal SOC industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of mixed-signal SOC market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electronic component
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2021
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2021 - 2026
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2021 - 2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2021 - 2026 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2021 & 2026
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2021
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Consumer electronics - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 17: Consumer electronics - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Consumer electronics - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.4 IT and telecommunication - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 19: IT and telecommunication - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: IT and telecommunication - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.5 Automotive - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 21: Automotive - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Automotive - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2021-2026
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2021-2026 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Apple Inc.
- Exhibit 47: Apple Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Apple Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Apple Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 50: Apple Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Apple Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 52: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.-Key news
- Exhibit 55: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Intel Corp.
- Exhibit 57: Intel Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Intel Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Intel Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 60: Intel Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Intel Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 MediaTek Inc.
- Exhibit 62: MediaTek Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: MediaTek Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: MediaTek Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: MediaTek Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 NVIDIA Corp.
- Exhibit 66: NVIDIA Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: NVIDIA Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: NVIDIA Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: NVIDIA Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 NXP Semiconductors NV
- Exhibit 70: NXP Semiconductors NV - Overview
- Exhibit 71: NXP Semiconductors NV - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: NXP Semiconductors NV- Key news
- Exhibit 73: NXP Semiconductors NV - Key offerings
- 10.9 Qualcomm Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Qualcomm Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Qualcomm Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Qualcomm Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Qualcomm Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 78: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 STMicroelectronics NV
- Exhibit 82: STMicroelectronics NV - Overview
- Exhibit 83: STMicroelectronics NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: STMicroelectronics NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: STMicroelectronics NV - Segment focus
- 10.12 Toshiba Corp.
- Exhibit 86: Toshiba Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Toshiba Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 88: Toshiba Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 89: Toshiba Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 93: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Integration of multiple functions in a single IC
- Increasing demand for IoT devices
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts