Polypropylene Fiber Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Feb 2021
- Pages: 130
- SKU: IRTNTR70239
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The polypropylene fiber market share is expected to increase by USD 17.44 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.51%.
This polypropylene fiber market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers polypropylene fiber market segmentations by End User (healthcare and hygiene, geotextile, construction, furnishing, and other end-users) and Geography (APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America). The polypropylene fiber market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ABC Polymer Industries LLC, BELGIAN FIBERS SA, Chemosvit AS, FORTA Corp., International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd., LCY Chemical Corp., Mapei SpA, Sika AG, The Euclid Chemical Co., and Zenith Fibres Ltd. among others.
What will the Polypropylene Fiber Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Polypropylene Fiber Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Polypropylene Fiber Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing textile industry is notably driving the polypropylene fiber market growth, although factors such as volatile raw material prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the polypropylene fiber industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Polypropylene Fiber Market Driver
The growing textile industry is a major factor driving the global polypropylene fiber market share growth. Polypropylene fiber is primarily used in the textile industry for manufacturing products such as carpets, upholstery, and tarpaulins. As these products require sturdy and strong material for structural integrity, polypropylene fiber is the desired choice for the same. Also, the cost-effective pricing of the fiber makes it the preferred raw material for the manufacturing of the mentioned products. Polypropylene fiber also exhibits properties such as chemical resistance and lightweight. These features make propylene fiber suitable for manufacturing clothing and surgical textile products such as aprons, face masks, gauzes, and adhesive tapes. Governments of developing countries such as China, South Africa, and India have been taking initiatives to promote the textile industry. These countries also have low manufacturing costs. As a result, many textile vendors are setting up manufacturing units in these countries for the production of clothing and surgical textile products. This has increased the demand for polypropylene fiber as a raw material in these manufacturing units, thereby aiding in the growth of the market.
Key Polypropylene Fiber Market Trend
The emergence of bio-based polypropylene is another factor supporting the global polypropylene fiber market share growth. Environmental concerns associated with the production and use of fossil fuel-derived polypropylene are growing. As a result, the need to replace synthetic polypropylene is growing. The awareness about a healthy lifestyle is increasing among consumers. The use of safer and renewable sources to manufacture end-products is also increasing. These factors are propelling polypropylene manufacturers to shift from petrochemical feedstock to bio-based feedstocks. Another major reason for the shift is the volatility in the price of petroleum-based chemicals. The production of bio-based polypropylene from sugarcane-derived ethanol was a successful development. It is expected to be commercialized soon. Other sources of bio-based polypropylene are corn and soybean. Many polypropylene-manufacturing companies such as Braskem and SABIC are investing in research and development related to the large-scale production of bio-based polypropylene. Due to such reasons, the market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Key Polypropylene Fiber Market Challenge
The volatile raw material prices will be a major challenge for the global polypropylene fiber market share growth during the forecast period. Propylene and ethylene are two main classes of petrochemical raw materials rendered from refineries. The prices of crude oil, propylene, and ethylene are interdependent. Crude oil prices across the globe fluctuate as per the supply-demand disparity. In 2020, the crude oil price has witnessed a huge decline compared to 2019. In Saudi Arabia, Brent crude oil price fell to around $22.58 and is the lowest level since 2002. Oil prices declined in March 2020, as oil companies reduced or closed their production activities. The decline in oil prices has negatively affected economic and industrial activities. Fluctuations in oil prices adversely affect the cost of propylene, which is produced through steam cracking and catalytic reforming processes. It is the monomer in the production of polypropylene. Therefore, any change in crude oil or petrochemical prices has a direct influence on the cost of polypropylene and the supply-demand of polypropylene fibers and hamper the growth of the market.
This polypropylene fiber market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global polypropylene fiber market as part of the global textile market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the polypropylene fiber market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Polypropylene Fiber Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ABC Polymer Industries LLC
- BELGIAN FIBERS SA
- Chemosvit AS
- FORTA Corp.
- International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd.
- LCY Chemical Corp.
- Mapei SpA
- Sika AG
- The Euclid Chemical Co.
- Zenith Fibres Ltd.
This statistical study of the polypropylene fiber market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The polypropylene fiber market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ABC Polymer Industries LLC- The company offers FiberForce 100, a fiber count monofilament polypropylene fiber and FiberForce 150, a standard grade monofilament polypropylene fiber used for applications including plastic shrinkage crack reinforcement and reduction of plastic settlement.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The polypropylene fiber market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Polypropylene Fiber Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the polypropylene fiber market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global textile market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Polypropylene Fiber Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
57% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for polypropylene fiber market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The increased use of polypropylene fibers in the geotextile and healthcare industries will facilitate the polypropylene fiber market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The polypropylene fiber market in APAC witnessed certain challenges in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. India, China, Indonesia, and Bangladesh are some countries that were most affected by the pandemic. Many end-user industries such as automotive, construction, electronics, and furnishing announced a temporary shutdown of their operations in March 2020. The healthcare and hygiene industry was one of the least affected compared with other end-user industries in the region in 2020. The recovery of the polypropylene fiber market from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis is highly dependent on the recovery strategies adopted by various end-user industries.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Polypropylene Fiber Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The polypropylene fiber market share growth by the healthcare and hygiene segment will be significant during the forecast period. The focus on improving hygiene and safety during patient engagement and achieving compliance is growing. An increasing number of patients are demanding for quality healthcare experience. The global healthcare industry is facing challenges in providing superior healthcare products such as surgical masks, gloves, caps, gowns, overshoes, sponges and bandages, and medical tapes at low margins, under highly regulated environments. The above factors are primarily driving the global healthcare industry to adopt polypropylene fiber products increasingly.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the polypropylene fiber market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Polypropylene Fiber Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.51%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 17.44 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 57%
Key consumer countries
China, India, US, Germany, and Italy
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ABC Polymer Industries LLC, BELGIAN FIBERS SA, Chemosvit AS, FORTA Corp., International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd., LCY Chemical Corp., Mapei SpA, Sika AG, The Euclid Chemical Co., and Zenith Fibres Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Polypropylene Fiber Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive polypropylene fiber market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the polypropylene fiber market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the polypropylene fiber industry across APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of polypropylene fiber market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Textiles
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Healthcare and hygiene - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Healthcare and hygiene - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Healthcare and hygiene - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Geotextile - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Geotextile - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Geotextile - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Construction - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Furnishing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Furnishing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Furnishing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Other end-users - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Other end-users - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: Other end-users - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 40: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 44: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 45: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 47: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ABC Polymer Industries LLC
- Exhibit 49: ABC Polymer Industries LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 50: ABC Polymer Industries LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: ABC Polymer Industries LLC - Key offerings
- 10.4 BELGIAN FIBERS SA
- Exhibit 52: BELGIAN FIBERS SA - Overview
- Exhibit 53: BELGIAN FIBERS SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: BELGIAN FIBERS SA - Key offerings
- 10.5 Chemosvit AS
- Exhibit 55: Chemosvit AS - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Chemosvit AS - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Chemosvit AS - Key offerings
- 10.6 FORTA Corp.
- Exhibit 58: FORTA Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: FORTA Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: FORTA Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.7 International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: International Fibres Group Holdings Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 LCY Chemical Corp.
- Exhibit 64: LCY Chemical Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: LCY Chemical Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: LCY Chemical Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Mapei SpA
- Exhibit 67: Mapei SpA - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Mapei SpA - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Mapei SpA - Key news
- Exhibit 70: Mapei SpA - Key offerings
- 10.10 Sika AG
- Exhibit 71: Sika AG - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Sika AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Sika AG - Key news
- Exhibit 74: Sika AG - Key offerings
- 10.11 The Euclid Chemical Co.
- Exhibit 75: The Euclid Chemical Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: The Euclid Chemical Co. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: The Euclid Chemical Co. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Zenith Fibres Ltd.
- Exhibit 78: Zenith Fibres Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Zenith Fibres Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Zenith Fibres Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Zenith Fibres Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 82: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 83: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 84: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 85: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 86: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing textile industry
- Emergence of bio-based polypropylene
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.