Powered Air Purifying Respirator Market by Product, End-user, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jan 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR40520
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market share is expected to increase by USD 686.16 million from 2021 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.4%.
This powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers the products (full-face mask PAPR, half-mask PAPR, and helmets, hoods, and visors) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., Avon Rubber Plc, Bio-Medical Devices Intl Inc., Bullard, Honeywell International Inc., ILC Dover, MSA Safety Inc., PAFtec Australia Pty Ltd, SHIGEMATSU WORKS CO. LTD., and Sundström Safety AB among others.
What will the Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rise in the adoption of PAPRs to prevent eye injuries is notably driving the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market growth, although factors such as the possibility of substitution by other devices may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Market Driver
The key market driver for the air purifying respirator market is the rise in the adoption of PAPRs to prevent eye injuries.PAPR is widely used for workers who need protection from multiple types of hazards. It also helps prevent eye injuries. Various types of eye injuries occur due to foreign debris landing in the hair and on the head during processes such as sanding and cutting, which may fall into the eyes. These injuries can further lead to temporary vision loss for workers. This can affect the companies, as these injuries can lead to loss of production time, workers' compensation, and medical expenses. To solve this issue, many health and safety professionals and supervisors insist that their workers use the total head coverage offered by PAPR systems with hoods, helmets, and other loose-fitting headgears. This can completely cover the head and can protect you from injuries caused by falling debris. Some types of helmets and certain styles of loose-fitting headgears have visors, which can be used to help protect against impact hazards. Such a rise in the adoption of PAPR systems is likely to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Market Trend
The key market trend for the air purifying respirator market is the Increase in the development of new products. One of the main trends in the market is the continuous product developments by the vendors that are investing heavily in R&D. Such product upgrades in the market will lead to an increase in the growth of the market. These upgrades will also encourage other vendors to invest heavily in developing advanced products to maintain their position in the market. Therefore, the introduction of new products in the market will support the revenue inflow in the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Challenge
The key market challenge for the air purifying respirator market is the possibility of substitution by other devices. Various devices, such as N95 respirators and facemasks, which can act as an alternative to PAPR in various applications, are available in the market. According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the N95 respirator can block at least 95% of small airborne particles. The N95 respirators protect both aerosols and droplets in the air. These respirators are also widely used by healthcare personnel during procedures to protect both the patient and healthcare personnel from the transfer of microorganisms, particulate material, and body fluids. In addition, N95 respirators are used by doctors while treating patients with tuberculosis and influenza. Some of the major vendors of PAPR also offer N95 respirators. For instance, 3M offers 3M Particulate Respirator 8210, which is a disposable N95 particulate respirator that offers respiratory protection against certain non-oil-based particles. Hence, an increase in the use of such substitute devices may hinder the adoption of PAPR among end-users
This powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global PAPR market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. . Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- Avon Rubber Plc
- Bio-Medical Devices Intl Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- ILC Dover
- MSA Safety Inc.
- PAFtec Australia Pty Ltd
- SHIGEMATSU WORKS CO. LTD.
- Sundström Safety AB
This statistical study of the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global industrial machinery market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for the market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Stringent regulatory norms regarding employee health and safety in high-risk activities in various sectors, including mining, construction, and oil and gas will facilitate market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the demand for PAPR from the healthcare sector increased across the region owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of January 2021, India was the worst-hit country with the highest number of COVID-19 cases (10.5 million) in APAC. Therefore, the increasing demand from HCPs in India and China surged the sales for PAPR, which will cause a temporary surge in the regional PAPR market during 2020-2021. Post the pandemic, the increased revenue is expected to return to normalcy due to the reduced requirement of PAPRs. Additionally, after 2021, with the commencement of normal industrial activities, the sales of PAPRs from other sectors are likely to increase as well during the rest of the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
With the increasing applications, the demand for full-face mask PAPR is expected to increase during the forecast period. The rise in concerns regarding workers' safety in hazardous activities such as underground mining and asbestos stripping and disposal is likely to drive the demand for a full-face masks during the forecast period. The increase in the need for respiratory protection against the toxic environment in industries such as the chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, and metal manufacturing industries, fire services, and law enforcement is also likely to further fuel the market demand for efficient full-face mask PAPRs
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.4%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 686.16 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., Avon Rubber Plc, Bio-Medical Devices Intl Inc., Bullard, Honeywell International Inc., ILC Dover, MSA Safety Inc., PAFtec Australia Pty Ltd, SHIGEMATSU WORKS CO. LTD., and Sundström Safety AB
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) industry across North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis – Industrial machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Fove forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Full-face mask PAPR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Full-face mask PAPR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Full-face mask PAPR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Half-mask PAPR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Half-mask PAPR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Half-mask PAPR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Helmets, hoods, and visors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Helmets, hoods, and visors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Helmets, hoods, and visors - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market segmentation by end-users
- 6.1 Industrial applications
- 6.2 Pharmaceutical and healthcare
- 6.3 Oil and gas
- 6.4 Other end-users
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- 10.3 Competitive scenario
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
- 11.3 3M
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- rise in adoption of PAPRs to prevent eye injuries
- I ncrease in development of new products
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts