Submarine Fiber Cable Market by Investment Source and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 128
- SKU: IRTNTR44852
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The submarine fiber cable market share is expected to increase by USD 3.86 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 11.04%.
This submarine fiber cable market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers submarine fiber cable market segmentations by investment source (consortia, private enterprises, and governments and development banks) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America). The submarine fiber cable market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Corning Inc., Hexatronic Group AB, Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd., LS Cable and System Ltd., NEC Corp., Nokia Corp., Prysmian Spa, SSG cable group, and SubCom LLC among others.
What will the Submarine Fiber Cable Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Submarine Fiber Cable Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Submarine Fiber Cable Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and after post COVID-19 era. The rapid developments in telecommunication networks is notably driving the submarine fiber cable market growth, although factors such as fiber damage caused by human activities and fish attacks may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the submarine fiber cable industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Submarine Fiber Cable Market Driver
The rapid development of telecommunications networks is one of the major drivers behind the growth of the submarine fiber optic cable market. A telecommunications network is a collection of nodes and links that connect end devices to enable communication. A key component of the submarine cable market is the telecommunications network. For example, at the beginning of 2019, about 378 submarine cables were in operation, covering more than 1 million kilometers and connecting almost all countries by the coastline. Currently, submarine cables use fiber optic technology because they can carry data in excess of 200 terabits per second. However, some major projects are underway these days. For example, in August 2020, the Government of India launched the first undersea fiber optic cable project connecting A & N to the mainland. Similarly, in 2019, Google commissioned three new submarine cable projects, Curie, Havfrue, and HKG (Hong Kong-Guam Cable System). These are expected to be completed by 2021 at the latest. In addition, the Equiano cable system commissioned by Google from Alcatel Submarine Networks in the fourth quarter of 2018 will be completed in 2021. Such developments are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Key Submarine Fiber Cable Market Trend
Increasing investment in 400G submarine cable systems is one of the major trends in the submarine fiber optic cable market that contributes to market growth. Exponential growth in internet traffic and technological advances are due to adapting to increasing demand leading to increased demand for higher bandwidth, with a significant increase in 100G cables in 2013. For this reason, many operators are upgrading their networks by 100 grams. However, according to the latest Cisco research, by 2023, the number of IP traffic and cloud data centers will double from 2018, and many carriers will be using future technologies such as 400G networks. We are already planning to add more to invest. In addition, Tata Communications has worked with Huawei to successfully install and test an uninterrupted 400G submarine cable network over 6,000km. The 400G network enables faster communication channels, manages increasing internet traffic, and optimizes operational and network maintenance costs. Such factors can grow the market during the forecast period.
Key Submarine Fiber Cable Market Challenge
Fiber damage caused by human activities and fish attacks is one of the factors hindering the submarine fiber cable market growth. The underwater fiber cables face interruption due to cuts to the fiber cables, it can also occur due to activities like the laying of new cables, power projects, and oil exploration by offshore or deepwater rigs. Which can damaged fiber cables. Also, there are other challenges posed by fishermen and scuba divers who try to cut the cable and steal it to sell in the market for low prices. For instance, a recent report from Egypt highlighted the seriousness of the issue wherein three scuba divers were arrested for cutting the underwater cable in the port of Alexandria, which provides one-third of all Internet capacity between Europe and Egypt, which will lead to congestion and slowdown of the entire European and Egyptian networks because of the fiber cable damage. Moreover, the fish attacks on underwater cables account for the majority of cable damage. Predatory fish such as sharks often bite underwater cables, impair the integrity of internal fiber optic cables, and spill the liquid that covers the cables. Such factors can hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
This submarine fiber cable market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global submarine fiber cable market as a part of the global electrical components and equipment market within the global electrical equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the submarine fiber cable market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Submarine Fiber Cable Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Corning Inc.
- Hexatronic Group AB
- Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd.
- LS Cable and System Ltd.
- NEC Corp.
- Nokia Corp.
- Prysmian Spa
- SSG cable group
- SubCom LLC
This statistical study of the submarine fiber cable market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The submarine fiber cable market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as rising developments in telecommunications networks to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- NEC Corp.- the company, NEC X, and Alchemist Accelerator announced a joint partnership between NEC X and Alchemist to provide technology startups with end-to-end support, including NEC R&D technologies and business launch coordination.
- Nokia Corp. - the company partnered with EDC to advance Canada's 5G contributions.
- Prysmian Spa.- the company entered into a partnership with Hardt Global Mobility in a program that aims to make Hyperloop into a sustainable, high-speed pan-European cargo and passenger transport network that will help Europe meet its zero-carbon goals by 2050.
- SubCom LLC- the company and Farice announced contract-in-force for IRIS, an undersea cable that connects Iceland and Europe.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The submarine fiber cable market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Submarine Fiber Cable Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the submarine fiber cable market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Submarine Fiber Cable Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
53% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, and India are the key markets for the submarine fiber cable in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The rapid developments in a telecommunication network will facilitate the submarine fiber cable market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 adversely impacted many industries, such as automotive, telecom, and electronics, which were negatively affected in 2020, and this hindered the growth of the market globally in 2020. Moreover, there was a slowdown in the manufacturing process of submarine fiber cables due to global supply chain disruptions. This affected the demand for submarine fiber cables in 2020. However, owing to progressive COVID-19 vaccination drives and the adoption of safety measures across the world, the number of COVID-19 cases is expected to decline. Business activities have been resumed by companies after the lifting of lockdown restrictions in many countries globally. Therefore, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Investment Source Segments in the Submarine Fiber Cable Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The submarine fiber cable market share growth by the consortia segment will be significant during the forecast period. The increased investments in consortia will increase the projects for submarine cable which can increase the market focus during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the submarine fiber cable market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Submarine Fiber Cable Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 11.04%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 3.86 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 53%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Japan, India, and France
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Corning Inc., Hexatronic Group AB, Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd., LS Cable and System Ltd., NEC Corp., Nokia Corp., Prysmian Spa, SSG cable group, and SubCom LLC
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Submarine Fiber Cable Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive submarine fiber cable market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the submarine fiber cable market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the submarine fiber cable industry across APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of submarine fiber cable market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electrical components and equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Investment source
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Investment source - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Investment source
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Investment source
- 5.3 Consortia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Consortia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Consortia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Private enterprises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Private enterprises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Private enterprises - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Governments and development banks - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Governments and development banks - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Governments and development banks - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Investment source
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Investment source
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Corning Inc.
- Exhibit 45: Corning Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Corning Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Corning Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: Corning Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Hexatronic Group AB
- Exhibit 49: Hexatronic Group AB - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Hexatronic Group AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Hexatronic Group AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Hexatronic Group AB - Segment focus
- 10.5 Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 53: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 57: Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.7 LS Cable and System Ltd.
- Exhibit 60: LS Cable and System Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: LS Cable and System Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: LS Cable and System Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 NEC Corp.
- Exhibit 63: NEC Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: NEC Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: NEC Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 66: NEC Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: NEC Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Nokia Corp.
- Exhibit 68: Nokia Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Nokia Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Nokia Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 71: Nokia Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Nokia Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Prysmian Spa
- Exhibit 73: Prysmian Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Prysmian Spa - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Prysmian Spa - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Prysmian Spa - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Prysmian Spa - Segment focus
- 10.11 SSG cable group
- Exhibit 78: SSG cable group - Overview
- Exhibit 79: SSG cable group - Product and service
- Exhibit 80: SSG cable group - Key offerings
- 10.12 SubCom LLC
- Exhibit 81: SubCom LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 82: SubCom LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 83: SubCom LLC- Key news
- Exhibit 84: SubCom LLC - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- rapid developments in telecommunication networks
- Increased investments in 400G submarine cable systems
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts