Warehouse Racking Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 128
- SKU: IRTNTR43352
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The warehouse racking market share is expected to increase by USD 1.74 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.92%.
This warehouse racking market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers warehouse racking market segmentations by end-user (automotive industry, food and beverage industry, retail industry, and other industries) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The warehouse racking market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AK Material Handling Systems, Daifuku Co. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Interroll Holding AG, Kardex AG, KION GROUP AG, Mecalux SA, Murata Machinery Ltd., SSI SCHAEFER Group, and Toyota Industries Corp. among others.
What will the Warehouse Racking Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Warehouse Racking Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
"Vendors offer some discount rate during bulk purchases. Daifuku Co. Ltd. (Daifuku), Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell International), Interroll Holding AG (Interroll), Kardex AG (Kardex), KION GROUP AG (KION GROUP), Mecalux SA (Mecalux), Murata Machinery Ltd. (Murata Machinery), SSI SCHAEFER Group, and Toyota Industries Corp., are some prominent vendors operating in the market in focus"
Warehouse Racking Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing demand for storage and warehousing is notably driving the warehouse racking market growth, although factors such as large fluctuations in raw material costs affect the profitability of suppliers may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the warehouse racking market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Warehouse Racking Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the warehouse racking market is the increasing demand for storage and warehousing. Storing and storing finished goods adds to a company's operating costs, but when done appropriately, they create value by ensuring the product's availability in the market. As a result, storage and warehousing are important non-core corporate activities. As a result, firms are increasingly outsourcing warehousing and storage to logistics providers. These logistics partners provide warehousing solutions for incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods, including specially designed shelves and racks, inventory control software, and specialized material handling equipment, as well as the ability to order raw materials and components and ship goods on behalf of their customers. As a result, they bring value to firms' inbound and outbound logistics in a cost-effective manner. This is leading to the increasing demand for warehouse racking. Furthermore, racking systems such as drive-in or drive-through racks and mezzanine flooring warehouse racks help utilize the space efficiently by increasing the storage density. Moreover, with the optimization of the warehouses by numerous companies, the demand for racking systems would increase as these systems efficiently utilize space.
Key Warehouse Racking Market Trend
Rising demand for retail space is another factor supporting the warehouse racking market growth in the forecast period. The expanding retail space worldwide can positively influence the global warehouse racking market during the forecast period. The global retail market is witnessing continuous growth owing to strong economic growth and urbanization. E-commerce is becoming a popular medium for consumers to purchase consumer products and is creating significant demand for warehouses. This is expected to contribute to the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period. Furthermore, shopping convenience is one of the many factors that are popularizing online channels among consumers. Moreover, the traditional sales channels for consumer products have always been supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores. Traditional retail stores sell various brands offered by vendors, and consumers can easily choose from the best brands available. Walmart Inc. (Walmart), Costco Wholesale Corp. (Costco Wholesale), The Kroger Co. (Kroger), and Schwarz GmbH & Co KG (Schwarz) are some of the leading retailers across the world. Moreover, the growing focus by vendors on increasing retail sales and the expansion of retailers will fuel the demand for warehouse racking, which will accelerate the growth momentum of the market in focus during the forecast period.
Key Warehouse Racking Market Challenge
Large fluctuations in raw material costs affect the profitability of suppliers will be a major challenge for the warehouse racking market during the forecast period. Most of the office supplies contracts are signed for 2-3 years. Therefore, suppliers are subject to a very high risk of wild fluctuations in raw material prices. Some of the most commonly used raw materials in the manufacturing of office suppliers are paper, rubber, steel, and wood. These raw materials are subject to disruption in weather and supply chain. Furthermore, raw material prices usually account for 50%-60% of the input cost for vendors. Therefore, a steep increase in raw material prices changes the cost structure for vendors and suppliers and further impacts the profitability of vendors and suppliers. In addition, steel is the major raw material used for manufacturing warehouse racking. However, the cost of this raw material is highly fluctuating in the international market. Therefore, the increase in price is most likely to create customer resistance, resulting in low adoption in the market. However, this resistance to increased price will reduce the profit margins for manufacturers. In either of these cases, the global warehouse racking market will remain under threat.
This warehouse racking market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global warehouse racking market as a part of the global air freight and logistics market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the warehouse racking market during the forecast period.
The size of the global warehouse racking market has been derived by triangulating data from multiple sources and approaches. While arriving at the market size, Technavio has considered data points such as the size of the global air freight and logistics market, which is the parent market: Ex-manufacturer sales: Price when sold from manufacturer to dealers or direct to consumers) reported by vendors in the industry. The market size excludes all discounts and allowances, government subsidies, and rebates.
Who are the Major Warehouse Racking Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- AK Material Handling Systems
- Daifuku Co. Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Interroll Holding AG
- Kardex AG
- KION GROUP AG
- Mecalux SA
- Murata Machinery Ltd.
- SSI SCHAEFER Group
- Toyota Industries Corp.
This statistical study of the warehouse racking market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The warehouse racking market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as new acquisitions, expansions, marketing, and advertising campaigns to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- AK Material Handling Systems - The company offers pallet rack for warehouse racking system.
- Daifuku Co. Ltd. - The company offers warehouse racking system such as mobile pallet racking and shuttle rack.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The warehouse racking market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Warehouse Racking Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the warehouse racking market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global air freight and logistics market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Warehouse Racking Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
62% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and India are the key markets for warehouse racking market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The growing demand for warehouse racking among automotive, food and beverage, retail, and other end-users from developing countries such as China and India will facilitate the warehouse racking market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 in in the region had a far-reaching impact on the growth of the regional warehouse racking market. Most end-users such as automotive and retail industries faced supply chain disruptions, owing to the lockdown norms imposed in 2020. As a result, the demand for warehouse racking steadily declined during H1 2020. However, the shift in consumer trends toward e-commerce platforms improved the sales by end-users in 2020, which had a positive impact on the market in focus.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Warehouse Racking Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The warehouse racking market share growth by the end-user segments. Automotive segment will be significant during the forecast period. In the automotive industry, materials get handled and moved as parts arrive, get stored, and finally utilized on the assembly line. As automakers handle numerous parts with various shapes and sizes, companies must ensure that parts that are needed are only moved. Otherwise, materials could be misplaced, damaged, or misapplied. These mistakes can be expensive as the excess time spent in unnecessarily moving and handling things could be put to better use for more efficient productions.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the warehouse racking market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Warehouse Racking Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.92%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.74 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 62%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Germany, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
AK Material Handling Systems, Daifuku Co. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Interroll Holding AG, Kardex AG, KION GROUP AG, Mecalux SA, Murata Machinery Ltd., SSI SCHAEFER Group, and Toyota Industries Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Warehouse Racking Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive warehouse racking market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the warehouse racking market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the warehouse racking industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of warehouse racking market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Air freight and logistics
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Automotive industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Automotive industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Automotive industry - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Food and beverage industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Food and beverage industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Food and beverage industry - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Retail industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Retail industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Retail industry - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Other industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Other industries - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Other industries - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 AK Material Handling Systems
- Exhibit 47: AK Material Handling Systems - Overview
- Exhibit 48: AK Material Handling Systems - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: AK Material Handling Systems - Key offerings
- 10.4 Daifuku Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 50: Daifuku Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Daifuku Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Daifuku Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: Daifuku Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Honeywell International Inc.
- Exhibit 54: Honeywell International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Honeywell International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Honeywell International Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 57: Honeywell International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Honeywell International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Interroll Holding AG
- Exhibit 59: Interroll Holding AG - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Interroll Holding AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Interroll Holding AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Interroll Holding AG - Segment focus
- 10.7 Kardex AG
- Exhibit 63: Kardex AG - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Kardex AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Kardex AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: Kardex AG - Segment focus
- 10.8 KION GROUP AG
- Exhibit 67: KION GROUP AG - Overview
- Exhibit 68: KION GROUP AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 69: KION GROUP AG - Key news
- Exhibit 70: KION GROUP AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: KION GROUP AG - Segment focus
- 10.9 Mecalux SA
- Exhibit 72: Mecalux SA - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Mecalux SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Mecalux SA - Key news
- Exhibit 75: Mecalux SA - Key offerings
- 10.10 Murata Machinery Ltd.
- Exhibit 76: Murata Machinery Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Murata Machinery Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: Murata Machinery Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Murata Machinery Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 SSI SCHAEFER Group
- Exhibit 80: SSI SCHAEFER Group - Overview
- Exhibit 81: SSI SCHAEFER Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 82: SSI SCHAEFER Group - Key offerings
- 10.12 Toyota Industries Corp.
- Exhibit 83: Toyota Industries Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: Toyota Industries Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: Toyota Industries Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Toyota Industries Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- increasing demand for storage and warehousing
- Rising demand for retail space
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts