Automated Teller Machine Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 132
- SKU: IRTNTR44212
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The automated teller machine market share is expected to increase by USD 6.94 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6%.
This automated teller machine market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers automated teller machine market segmentations by deployment (offsite ATM, onsite ATM, and others) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The automated teller machine market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Diebold Nixdorf Inc., Euronet Worldwide Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., GRGBanking, Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Hyosung Corp., NCR Corp., Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd., and The Digicon Group among others.
What will the Automated Teller Machine Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Automated Teller Machine Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Automated Teller Machine Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The multifunctionality features in ATMs is notably driving the automated teller machine market growth, although factors such as high costs associated with atms may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the automated teller machine industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Automated Teller Machine Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the automated teller machine market growth is the multifunctionality features in ATMs. As the banking industry is growing and there is an increase in demand to deal with the growth in banking-related services and queries, and therefore, ATMs provide an alternative to such services. ATMs offer a faster way to avail of banking facilities and services beyond the normal working hours of a bank. ATMs can perform multiple functions, including both financial as well as non-financial services. For instance, with the help of ATMs, customers can easily withdraw cash at their own convenience in terms of time and place, unlike in banks. ATMs also provide various non-financial services, including balance inquiry, PIN change, requests for checkbooks, and other inquiries. Thus, their multifunctionality has led to an increased demand for ATMs across the world. This has, in turn, resulted in an increase in the number of ATMs globally. Therefore, the multifunctionality of ATMs has led to a rising number of ATMs across the world. This, in turn, is expected to drive the growth of the global ATM market during the forecast period.
Key Automated Teller Machine Market Trend
Another key factor driving automated teller machine market growth is increased rate of EMV adoption in ATMs. Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) is a payment method based on a technical standard, which has proven to be highly effective for combating ATM fraud. Using the latest technologies available, fraudsters have also become ingenious in using various techniques like magnetic stripe skimming and pinhole cameras to commit fraud, thereby leading to an increasing number of ATM transaction frauds. Thus, to reduce such fraudulent activities, financial institutions and ATM operators have started to focus on the need for EMV migration at the ATM. With the increased rate of EMV adoption in ATMs, customers feel more secure while carrying out transactions. Consumers prioritize convenience and security while handling financial transactions, and to achieve this, financial institutions are increasingly focusing on providing access to EMV-compliant ATM services not only to protect their customers? financial information but also to reduce the threat of fraudulent activities. Thus, the increased rate of EMV adoption in ATMs is a positive trend in the market, which is expected to significantly drive the growth of the global ATM market during the forecast period.
Key Automated Teller Machine Market Challenge
High costs associated with ATMs is one of the key challenges hindering the automated teller machine market growth. ATMs help banks to reduce the number of people approaching a branch for services by automating cash dispensing and cash recycling. Despite these advantages, there are a number of factors that affect the wider adoption of ATM machines. ATMs are an expense for a bank, in terms of the cost of the machine, monthly rentals for the space that they occupy at a branch office or off-site (outside the bank premises), the cost of commercial electricity, and the cost of hiring a security guard to prevent untoward incidents. All these costs add to the bank's expenses. Although banks charge customers for transactions made via ATMs, in many countries, there is a certain number of such transactions that are free of charge for customers. Due to these reasons, there are countries that have fewer ATMs per 100,000 adults. Thus, the several costs associated with ATMs might result in their reduced adoption, thereby negatively impacting the growth of the global ATM market during the forecast period.
This automated teller machine market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global automated teller machine market as a part of the global specialized consumer services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the automated teller machine market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Automated Teller Machine Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Diebold Nixdorf Inc.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Hyosung Corp.
- NCR Corp.
- Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd.
- The Digicon Group
This statistical study of the automated teller machine market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The automated teller machine market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as increasingly innovating and enhancing technologies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Diebold Nixdorf Inc. - The company offers self-service ATM solutions under the brand, DN Series.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The automated teller machine market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Automated Teller Machine Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the automated teller machine market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Automated Teller Machine Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
48% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for automated teller machine in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Increasing number of ATM installations will facilitate the automated teller machine market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the growth of the regional ATM market in 2020. The lockdown imposed in most APAC countries caused a sharp decline in the number of ATM transactions and posed challenges to the ATM business in the region. However, the deployment of mobile ATMs in countries such as India will drive the growth of the ATM market in APAC. For instance, in May 2021, HDFC Bank deployed mobile ATMs in Bengaluru, India, which will help customers access to cash and other banking services.
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the Automated Teller Machine Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The automated teller machine market share growth by the offsite ATM will be significant during the forecast period. Although the total number of ATMs is declining across the world due to the rising popularity of non-cash payments, there has been significant growth in the number of offsite ATMs. For instance, according to the Reserve Bank of India, the number of offsite ATMs in India was approximately 96,068 in 2020.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the automated teller machine market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Automated Teller Machine Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 6.94 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 48%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, UK, India, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Diebold Nixdorf Inc., Euronet Worldwide Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., GRGBanking, Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Hyosung Corp., NCR Corp., Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd., and The Digicon Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Automated Teller Machine Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive automated teller machine market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the automated teller machine market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the automated teller machine industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of automated teller machine market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Impact of COVID-19 on specialized consumer services
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis for specialized consumer services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
- 3.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the ATM industry
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 Offsite ATM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Offsite ATM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Offsite ATM - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Onsite ATM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Onsite ATM - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Onsite ATM - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Diebold Nixdorf Inc.
- Exhibit 45: Diebold Nixdorf Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Diebold Nixdorf Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Diebold Nixdorf Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: Diebold Nixdorf Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Euronet Worldwide Inc.
- Exhibit 49: Euronet Worldwide Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Euronet Worldwide Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Euronet Worldwide Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 52: Euronet Worldwide Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: Euronet Worldwide Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Fujitsu Ltd.
- Exhibit 54: Fujitsu Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Fujitsu Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Fujitsu Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 57: Fujitsu Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Fujitsu Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 GRGBanking
- Exhibit 59: GRGBanking - Overview
- Exhibit 60: GRGBanking - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: GRGBanking - Key offerings
- 10.7 Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 62: Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Hitachi Ltd.
- Exhibit 65: Hitachi Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Hitachi Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Hitachi Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 68: Hitachi Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Hitachi Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Hyosung Corp.
- Exhibit 70: Hyosung Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Hyosung Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: Hyosung Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.10 NCR Corp.
- Exhibit 73: NCR Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: NCR Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: NCR Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 76: NCR Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: NCR Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 78: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 81: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.12 The Digicon Group
- Exhibit 83: The Digicon Group - Overview
- Exhibit 84: The Digicon Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 85: The Digicon Group – Key news
- Exhibit 86: The Digicon Group - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Multifunctionality features in ATMs
- Growing demand for cash recycling ATMs
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts