Carbon Management Software Market by Solution and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR70640
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The carbon management software market share is expected to increase by USD 8.60 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 15%.
This carbon management software market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers carbon management software market segmentations by solution (software and services) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The carbon management software market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ENGIE SA, GreenStep Solutions Inc., Greenstone Ltd, Salesforce.com Inc., SAP SE, Schneider Electric SE, Simble Solutions Ltd., Sphera Solutions Inc., Wolters Kluwer NV, and Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd. among others.
What will the Carbon Management Software Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Carbon Management Software Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Carbon Management Software Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The shift toward green initiatives is notably driving the carbon management software market growth, although factors such as lack of standards, training, and development may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the carbon management software industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Carbon Management Software Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the carbon management software market growth is the shift toward green initiatives. The most effective technique of combating the issues of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is to use green energy. The utilisation of renewable resources as raw materials for energy creation is known as green energy generation. Carbon management software provides a detailed report on the amount of carbon dioxide generated per unit of production by organizations. It assists organisations in reducing GHG emissions by monitoring, measuring, planning, storing, and reporting carbon emission data. It also aids in raising awareness of the dangers of GHG emissions and identifying and implementing cost-cutting strategies such as reduced electricity and heating and cooling expenditures. Many companies are implementing carbon management software to reduce rising GHG emissions, which is fueling the market's expansion.
Key Carbon Management Software Market Trend
Another key factor driving the carbon management software market growth is the emergence of analytics in carbon management software. Big data and analytics technologies are helping organizations operating in the energy sector to reduce operating expenditure through the use of predictive modeling techniques. The use of real-time data analytics is assisting energy companies in adhering to numerous regulatory standards. As a result, real-time data has become an essential component of running a successful organisation. In recent years, analytics investment has expanded dramatically across a variety of industry verticals. Several sector verticals have invested in analytics solutions, including banking, financial and insurance services, healthcare, and energy and utility services. Predictive analytics and IoT are combined in effective and smart energy management systems (EMS). Predictive analytics aids in defining the optimal warranty period and cost of the equipment. Implementing IoT and predictive analytics will optimize carbon emission, thereby being able to provide well-informed demand-side operations. The information from these is used in carbon management software to provide better energy solutions.
Key Carbon Management Software Market Challenge
One of the key challenges impeding the carbon management software market growth is the lack of standards, training, and development. Advancements in technology and the decline in electronic product costs are encouraging customers to buy new products frequently. This is leading to an increased level of e-waste, which is potentially hazardous for the environment. For example, many manufacturers of electronic products in South America sell them with little information on their disposal, which adds to carbon dioxide or carbon emissions. Unlike established countries such as the US and the UK, many developing countries, such as India, lack sufficient carbon emission standards. As a result, there are no limits on carbon or carbon dioxide emissions in poor countries, and no efforts are made to manage them. Henceforth, the lack of standards, training, and development are hampering the growth of the global carbon management software market.
This carbon management software market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global carbon management software market as a part of the global application software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the carbon management software market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Carbon Management Software Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ENGIE SA
- GreenStep Solutions Inc.
- Greenstone Ltd
- Salesforce.com Inc.
- SAP SE
- Schneider Electric SE
- Simble Solutions Ltd.
- Sphera Solutions Inc.
- Wolters Kluwer NV
- Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
This statistical study of the carbon management software market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The carbon management software market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as increasing profitability by offering cost-effective services to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ENGIE SA - The company offers The ENGIE Impact Energy and Sustainability Management Platform which streamlines the carbon reporting process, by combining accurate utility data and unique emissions sources in a single centralized location with intuitive reporting capabilities.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The carbon management software market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Carbon Management Software Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the carbon management software market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the application software market includes the following core components:
- Software development process
- Marketing and distribution
- Post-selling services
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Carbon Management Software Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
32% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key markets for carbon management software market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in South America region.
Factors such as the presence of a strong economy, the implementation of the Clean Air Act, technological advances in clean air technology, and the presence of several industrial clean air technology companies will facilitate the carbon management software market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The regional market for carbon management software witnessed certain challenges in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The US was the most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many end-user industries of carbon management software were adversely affected by the outbreak. Facility shutdowns across end-user industries, owing to nationwide lockdowns and disruptions in supply chains, negatively impacted the demand for new carbon management software in the region in 2020. However, Technavio expects the regional market to witness recovery in 2021, as the stimulus given by the governments to various businesses is expected to drive their growth. The re-opening of global markets will offer a favorable environment to the companies in North America to increase their production so that they can compete with their counterparts in the regional and global markets. A boost in the industrial activities will drive the demand for carbon management software in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Geography Segments in the Carbon Management Software Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The carbon management software market share growth by the software will be significant during the forecast period. Carbon management software offers greater flexibility in terms of customization and tailored solutions for large organizations. Many carbon management software vendors deliver software solutions that make use of the growing adoption of cloud-based systems. Market growth and revenue of the segment will increase during the forecast period as enterprises are focused on reducing their IT infrastructure costs.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the carbon management software market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Carbon Management Software Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 15%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 8.60 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 32%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, France, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ENGIE SA, GreenStep Solutions Inc., Greenstone Ltd, Salesforce.com Inc., SAP SE, Schneider Electric SE, Simble Solutions Ltd., Sphera Solutions Inc., Wolters Kluwer NV, and Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Carbon Management Software Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive carbon management software market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the carbon management software market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the carbon management software industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of carbon management software market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Solution
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Solution - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Solution
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Solution
- 5.3 Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Software - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Services - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Services - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Services - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Solution
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Solution
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ENGIE SA
- Exhibit 43: ENGIE SA - Overview
- Exhibit 44: ENGIE SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: ENGIE SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 46: ENGIE SA - Segment focus
- 10.4 GreenStep Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 47: GreenStep Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: GreenStep Solutions Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: GreenStep Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Greenstone Ltd
- 10.6 Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
- Exhibit 53: Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 56: Metrix Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Salesforce.com Inc.
- Exhibit 57: Salesforce.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Salesforce.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Salesforce.com Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 SAP SE
- Exhibit 60: SAP SE - Overview
- Exhibit 61: SAP SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: SAP SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: SAP SE - Segment focus
- 10.9 Schneider Electric SE
- Exhibit 64: Schneider Electric SE - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Schneider Electric SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Schneider Electric SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Schneider Electric SE - Segment focus
- 10.10 Simble Solutions Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: Simble Solutions Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Simble Solutions Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Simble Solutions Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: Simble Solutions Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Sphera Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Sphera Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Sphera Solutions Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Sphera Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Wolters Kluwer NV
- Exhibit 75: Wolters Kluwer NV - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Wolters Kluwer NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Wolters Kluwer NV – Key news
- Exhibit 78: Wolters Kluwer NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Wolters Kluwer NV - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 80: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 81: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 82: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 83: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 84: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Shift toward green i nitiatives
- Emergence of analytics in carbon management software
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.