Cannabidiol Market by Source and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Nov 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR71019
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The CBD market share is expected to increase by USD 29.91 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 26.93%.
This CBD market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers CBD market segmentation by source (marijuana and hemp) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The CBD market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Aurora Cannabis Inc., Cannoid LLC, Canopy Growth Corp., CBD American Shaman LLC, CV Sciences Inc., Elixinol, Endoca BV, Gaia Botanicals LLC, Isodiol International Inc., and NuLeaf Naturals LLC among others.
What will the CBD Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the CBD Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
CBD Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rising popularity of CBD oil is notably driving the CBD market growth, although factors such as the high cost of CBD products may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the CBD industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key CBD Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the CBD market growth is the rising popularity of CBD oil. CBD is one of the numerous compounds found in the cannabis plant. CBD is mostly derived from marijuana and hemp, which come from the same plant species known as Cannabis sativa. CBD oil products offer several health-promoting benefits and are known to cure various ailments in the human body. Over the years, the demand for CBD oil has increased in different parts of the world because of the growing awareness about the health benefits of CBD oil. The several health-promoting benefits of CBD oil are expected to increase the demand for CBD oil, thereby driving the growth of the global CBD market during the forecast period. A rising number of customers, especially those belonging to the middle-income group, are willing to spend more on high-quality personal care products, such as CBD cosmetics, globally. Owing to these factors, the global CBD market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Key CBD Market Trend
The use of advanced techniques in cannabis cultivation is another factor supporting the CBD market growth. The cannabis industry has been growing with the advent of new processes used in cannabis cultivation. These processes have been extremely helpful in improving the quality and increasing the production level. Cannabis cultivation is done in fully-equipped laboratories with facilities such as sanitized chambers and a controlled environment. Advanced techniques such as the Screen of Green (SCROF) and the Sea of Green (SOG) have significantly improved the production level. The cultivation of cannabis through advanced techniques is expected to improve the yield and meet the growing demand for cannabis, thereby contributing significantly to the growth of the market.
Key CBD Market Challenge
The high cost of CBD products will be a major challenge for the CBD market growth during the forecast period. Fluctuation in prices is a major challenge associated with the sales of medical cannabis. For instance, in Canada, as more patients are authorized to use medical cannabis, its demand and price have started increasing. Fluctuating prices can be a challenge for people who rely on cannabis treatments. The main reason for the high cost of CBD is that it is a new product in the market. Furthermore, the extraction and refinement process of CBD requires special machinery and takes a long time, which drives up the cost of CBD oil. CO2 extraction is one of the major methods of extraction, which is also expensive. Another reason for the high price of CBD oil is that it is in high demand.
This CBD market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Tehcnavio categorizes the global CBD market as part of the global tobacco market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the CBD market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major CBD Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Cannoid LLC
- Canopy Growth Corp.
- CBD American Shaman LLC
- CV Sciences Inc.
- Endoca BV
- Gaia Botanicals LLC
- Isodiol International Inc.
- NuLeaf Naturals LLC
This statistical study of the CBD market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The CBD market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Aurora Cannabis Inc. - The company offers CBD oils, oral spray, drops, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The CBD market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
CBD Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the CBD market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the tobacco market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for CBD Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
53% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for CBD in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in other regions.
The several government initiatives to legalize medical cannabis will facilitate the CBD market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The growth of the market was hampered in 2020 due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the region. The unexpected outbreak of COVID-19 has adversely affected the global economy. Beyond sale increases, cannabis retail shops also experienced a rise in the number of new customers, the amount that each customer spent in one visit, and the number of deliveries. Moreover, after cannabis dispensaries and services received the coveted status of essential businesses, the demand for CBD surged.
What are the Revenue-generating Source Segments in the CBD Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The CBD market share growth by the marijuana segment will be significant during the forecast period. Government efforts for the legalization of medical cannabis can accelerate the growth momentum of the market in the region. The growing number of patients using marijuana products for medical purposes and the increasing number of vendors in the country pursuing new technological research in the field of marijuana will impact the growth of the marijuana segment during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the CBD market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
CBD Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 26.93%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 29.91 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 53%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, Japan, Canada, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Aurora Cannabis Inc., Cannoid LLC, Canopy Growth Corp., CBD American Shaman LLC, CV Sciences Inc., Elixinol, Endoca BV, Gaia Botanicals LLC, Isodiol International Inc., and NuLeaf Naturals LLC
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this CBD Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive CBD market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the CBD market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the CBD industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of CBD market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Tobacco
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five force summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Source
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Source - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Source
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Source
- 5.3 Marijuana - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Marijuana - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Marijuana - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Hemp - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Hemp - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Hemp - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Source
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Source
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Aurora Cannabis Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Aurora Cannabis Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Aurora Cannabis Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Cannoid LLC
- Exhibit 46: Cannoid LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Cannoid LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: Cannoid LLC - Key offerings
- 10.5 Canopy Growth Corp.
- Exhibit 49: Canopy Growth Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Canopy Growth Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Canopy Growth Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Canopy Growth Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 CBD American Shaman LLC
- Exhibit 53: CBD American Shaman LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 54: CBD American Shaman LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: CBD American Shaman LLC - Key offerings
- 10.7 CV Sciences Inc.
- Exhibit 56: CV Sciences Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: CV Sciences Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: CV Sciences Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: CV Sciences Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Elixinol
- Exhibit 60: Elixinol - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Elixinol - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: Elixinol - Key offerings
- 10.9 Endoca BV
- Exhibit 63: Endoca BV - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Endoca BV - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Endoca BV - Key offerings
- 10.10 Gaia Botanicals LLC
- Exhibit 66: Gaia Botanicals LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Gaia Botanicals LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Gaia Botanicals LLC - Key offerings
- 10.11 Isodiol International Inc.
- Exhibit 69: Isodiol International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Isodiol International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Isodiol International Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 NuLeaf Naturals LLC
- Exhibit 72: NuLeaf Naturals LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 73: NuLeaf Naturals LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: NuLeaf Naturals LLC - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 75: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 76: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 77: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 78: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 79: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Rising popularity of CBD oil
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.