Chatbot Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 130
- SKU: IRTNTR41045
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The chatbot market share is expected to increase by USD 1.10 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 28.51%.
This chatbot market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers chatbot market segmentations by end-user (retail, BFSI, travel and hospitality, government, and others) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, and South America). The chatbot market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Anboto Europe SL Co., Apple Inc., Creative Virtual Ltd., eGain Corp., Inbenta Technologies Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., and Nuance Communications Inc. among others.
What will the Chatbot Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Chatbot Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Chatbot Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The advantages of chatbots over other customer support options are notably driving the chatbot market growth, although factors such as lack of awareness and standardization may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the chatbot industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Chatbot Market Driver
The advantages of chatbots over other customer support options is notably driving the market growth. A chatbot is a front-end interface, which is used to connect to various types of channels, such as websites, email, SMS, or messaging applications such as Facebook Messenger or Slack, through which users interact with the chatbot. The most popular messaging platforms to build customer support bots are Facebook Messenger, Kik, Skype, Twitter, SMS, Email, and Slack. Chatbots integrated with conversational AI tools collect consumer data from support interactions and databases and are intelligent enough to provide a personalized experience. They can recognize human emotions such as anger, confusion, fear, and joy. The advantages of chatbots include 24/7 customer support, on-time responses, and a reduction in customer support costs.
Key Chatbot Market Trend
One of the key market trends driving the chatbot market growth is the increased demand for web self-service. Web self-service has witnessed higher investments in sectors such as retail and banking, where there are more customers on any regular day than in other sectors. Web self-service features are primarily utilized in payment and billing applications. Solutions such as Oracle Knowledge for Web Self Service and Oracle Knowledge for Contact Center are designed to address the knowledge requirements of customer service agents and customers. The potential results of using chatbots include increased customer retention and more accurate revenue forecasting. Chatbots also add to the mobile experience, as information exchange becomes easier and more productive when accessed within one mobile app.
Key Chatbot Market Challenge
One of the major challenges impeding the chatbot market growth is the lack of awareness and standardization. Tapping developed and underdeveloped markets can be challenging for vendors owing to the limited resources and infrastructure for the implementation of advanced technology such as chatbots and make them standardized globally. Lack of product differentiation and viability issues The chatbot market is still in the nascent stage but growing at a rapid pace. Service providers offer products with similar specifications, thus making it difficult for end-users to choose. Chatbots can be either AI-integrated or rule-based. Rule-based chatbots operate based on a set of rules. They respond only to very specific commands. Integration issues between front-end (end-users) and back-end (developer) knowledge bases pose a challenge for bot service providers, as the integration of intelligent bots in legacy systems can lead to operational issues.
This chatbot market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global chatbot market as a part of the global systems software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the chatbot market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Chatbot Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Anboto Europe SL Co.
- Apple Inc.
- Creative Virtual Ltd.
- eGain Corp.
- Inbenta Technologies Inc.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Nuance Communications Inc.
This statistical study of the chatbot market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The chatbot market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alphabet Inc. - Dialogflow enables interaction with users by using engaging voice and text-based conversational interfaces, such as voice apps and chatbots with the help of AI
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The chatbot market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Chatbot Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the chatbot market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by vendors to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Chatbot Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
39% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for chatbot market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
North America is expected to dominate the chatbot market during the forecast period as a high number of people use the Internet for applications such as traveling, shopping, and more. This will facilitate the chatbot market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 significantly impacted North America and resulted in the temporary shutdown of industries including retail, travel, and hospitality. As the US was the most affected country in this region in 2020, the high incidence of the disease led to a decline in business processes. However, the demand for chatbots was on the rise during the pandemic and is expected to grow in the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Chatbot Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The chatbot market share growth by the retail segment will be significant during the forecast period. The growing adoption of e-commerce worldwide is a major driving factor for the retail segment during the forecast period. These retailers are implementing chatbots to provide an enhanced experience to their customers in online product searches. The use of chatbots enables customers to get their queries related to payment methods for a particular product quickly and effectively.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the chatbot market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Chatbot Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 28.51%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 1.10 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Anboto Europe SL Co., Apple Inc., Creative Virtual Ltd., eGain Corp., Inbenta Technologies Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., and Nuance Communications Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Chatbot Market In Regional Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive chatbot market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the chatbot market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the chatbot industry across North America, APAC, Europe, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of chatbot market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Systems software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Retail - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: BFSI - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Government - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Travel and hospitality - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Travel and hospitality - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Travel and hospitality - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 44: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 47: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alphabet Inc.
- Exhibit 49: Alphabet Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Alphabet Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Alphabet Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 52: Alphabet Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: Alphabet Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Amazon.com Inc.
- Exhibit 54: Amazon.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Amazon.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Amazon.com Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Amazon.com Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 58: Amazon.com Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Anboto Europe SL Co.
- Exhibit 59: Anboto Europe SL Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Anboto Europe SL Co. - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: Anboto Europe SL Co. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Apple Inc.
- Exhibit 62: Apple Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Apple Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: Apple Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 65: Apple Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: Apple Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Creative Virtual Ltd.
- Exhibit 67: Creative Virtual Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Creative Virtual Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Creative Virtual Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 eGain Corp.
- Exhibit 70: eGain Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: eGain Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: eGain Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 73: eGain Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Inbenta Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Inbenta Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Inbenta Technologies Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Inbenta Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 77: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Microsoft Corp.
- Exhibit 81: Microsoft Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Microsoft Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Microsoft Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Microsoft Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Nuance Communications Inc.
- Exhibit 85: Nuance Communications Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: Nuance Communications Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 87: Nuance Communications Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 88: Nuance Communications Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 89: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 90: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 91: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 92: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 93: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Advantages of chatbots over other customer support options
- Integration of chatbots with communication channels
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts