Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market by 3D Printing Vertical and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45602
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The commercial aerospace 3d printing market share is expected to increase by USD 2.46 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 20.34%.
This commercial aerospace 3d printing market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers commercial aerospace 3d printing market segmentations by 3D printing vertical (printing technologies and materials) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The commercial aerospace 3d printing market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3D Systems Corp., Arconic Inc., EOS GmbH, General Electric Co., Hoganas AB, Materialise NV, Melrose Industries Plc, Sandvik AB, Stratasys Ltd., and The ExOne Company among others.
What will the Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The improved part performance with weight reduction is notably driving the commercial aerospace 3d printing market growth, although factors such as restriction for build-up envelope and product size may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the commercial aerospace 3d printing industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Driver
The improved part performance with weight reduction is a major factor driving the global commercial aerospace 3D printing market share growth. 3D printing technology has provided designers with the freedom to explore complex part designs that can deliver maximum performance. It also facilitates the integration of parts. As conventional methods are required to check for the feasibility in product manufacturing, designers must consider the manufacturing constraints involved. With 3D printing, it is feasible to produce lightweight structures for prototyping the final product. The technology enables the creation of intricate geometries that can drastically reduce the weight of a component while maintaining its structural strength. The reduction in weight helps designers achieve lower material costs along with fuel savings. In the aerospace industry, reducing the overall weight of components is crucial for lowering fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. On that note, Airbus is trying to attain certification for its lighter cabin partition. Experts from Airbus Group's subsidiary, APWorks, and Autodesk developed and reinvented different design variants and finalized a version that mimics the bone and cell structure. Such factors and innovations will drive the growth of the market.
Key Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Trend
Combining 3D printing with traditional manufacturing is another factor supporting the global commercial aerospace 3D printing market share growth. The trend of 3D printing is in its initial phase of development, but it has a wide impact on several manufacturing industries. Researchers have paired traditional manufacturing with 3D printing and are anticipating greater profitability with this combination. For instance, Siemens offers the new NX Hybrid additive manufacturing software that uses conventional manufacturing and additive manufacturing for production. It is a hybrid process that combines conventional processes such as boring, milling, and grinding with additive manufacturing like 3D printing. The company used the laser deposition process for building burner heads of gas turbines with metal powder. The burner was developed in innovative shapes such as honeycomb. It allowed the conversion of a solid structure to a hollow shape, with relative weight savings. Further, conventional manufacturing such as grinding, polishing, and buffing was used to build high-precision parts. Recent technological improvements in 3D printers that can work with metal and aluminum will likely increase their acceptance in this industry.
Key Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Challenge
The restrictions for build-up envelope and product size will be a major challenge for the global commercial aerospace 3D printing market share growth during the forecast period. An aircraft consists of very large components, and the acceptance of 3D printing will depend on how these products can be produced using the technology. Most technologies offer systems with a limited building scope, which makes 3D printing applicable for only small components. This is applicable to almost all 3D printing processes, but the major issue in aircraft is with powder bed fusion process a widely applied technology for metal printing. The biggest building scope for standard metal printing with the powder fusion bed process measures 0.8X0.4X0.5 m. There is a possibility to customize machines for customers, but this incurs high costs. The aerospace industry is focusing on upgrading the current technology for printing large products. For instance, Oak Ridge National laboratory and Boeing holds a world record for manufacturing the largest solid 3D printed object, called the trim and drill tool, which is used to create the wings of Boeing's Next-Generation 777X jet. The inability of 3D printers to produce large components hinders its wide-scale adoption in the aerospace industry.
This commercial aerospace 3d printing market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global commercial aerospace 3D printing market as a part of the global aerospace and defense market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the commercial aerospace 3d printing market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3D Systems Corp.
- Arconic Inc.
- EOS GmbH
- General Electric Co.
- Hoganas AB
- Materialise NV
- Melrose Industries Plc
- Sandvik AB
- Stratasys Ltd.
- The ExOne Company
This statistical study of the commercial aerospace 3d printing market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The commercial aerospace 3d printing market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as investing in R&D to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3D Systems Corp.- The company provides 3D printing machines such as the SLA printer, SLS printer, and multi-jet printer for different applications like healthcare, automotive, aerospace, government, defense, technology, electronics, education, consumer goods, and energy.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The commercial aerospace 3d printing market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the commercial aerospace 3d printing market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global aerospace and defense market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for commercial aerospace 3d printing market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in Europe and APAC.
The expansion of facilities and extensive use of 3D printing technology for different components and parts will facilitate the commercial aerospace 3d printing market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the region severely impacted the regional aviation industry. According to the IATA, in June 2020, the international traffic fell by 86.1%, and the domestic traffic demand fell by 63.9% on a year-over-year (Y-o-Y) basis. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, the number of airline passengers combining both international and domestic, declined by 80% in 2020 when compared to the previous year. However, in June 2020, airlines carried over 93% more passengers as compared with May 2020, owing to relaxation in travel restrictions. Therefore, with the relaxation in traveling norms and the resumption of airline services in the region, air traveling, is expected to propel the demand for aircraft manufacturing, thereby driving the growth of the market in focus in North America.
What are the Revenue-generating 3D Printing Vertical Segments in the Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The commercial aerospace 3d printing market share growth by the printing technologies segment will be significant during the forecast period. Advancements in 3D printing technology have led to the development of many new processes such as binder jetting, stereolithography, directed energy deposition (DED), material jetting, and sheet lamination. Of which, the binder jetting and direct energy deposition techniques have been notably used in the manufacturing of aircraft components.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the commercial aerospace 3d printing market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 20.34%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.46 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, France, China, Germany, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3D Systems Corp., Arconic Inc., EOS GmbH, General Electric Co., Hoganas AB, Materialise NV, Melrose Industries Plc, Sandvik AB, Stratasys Ltd., and The ExOne Company
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Commercial Aerospace 3D Printing Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive commercial aerospace 3d printing market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the commercial aerospace 3d printing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the commercial aerospace 3d printing industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of commercial aerospace 3d printing market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Aerospace and defense market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by 3D printing vertical
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: 3D printing vertical - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by 3D printing vertical
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by 3D printing vertical
- 5.3 Printing technologies - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Printing technologies - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Printing technologies - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Materials - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Materials - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Materials - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by 3D printing vertical
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by 3D printing vertical
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 43: 3D Systems Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: 3D Systems Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: 3D Systems Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: 3D Systems Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Arconic Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Arconic Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Arconic Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 50: Arconic Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 51: EOS GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 52: EOS GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 53: EOS GmbH - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: General Electric Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: General Electric Co. - Business segments
- 10.3 3D
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Improved part performance with weight reduction
- Combining 3D printing with traditional manufacturing
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts