Crop Harvesting Robots Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 115
- SKU: IRTNTR44559
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The crop harvesting robots market share is expected to increase by USD 1455.57 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 28.36%.
This crop harvesting robots market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers crop harvesting robots market segmentations by product (fruit and vegetable harvesting robots and grain harvesting robots) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The crop harvesting robots market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Agrobot, Cerescon BV, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Dogtooth Technologies Ltd., Energid Technologies Corp., FFRobotics, Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd., Harvest Automation, Harvest CROO Robotics, and Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc. among others.
What will the Crop Harvesting Robots Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Crop Harvesting Robots Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Crop Harvesting Robots Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing focus on farm mechanization is notably driving the crop harvesting robots market growth, although factors such as high maintenance cost may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the crop harvesting robots industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Crop Harvesting Robots Market Driver
The increasing focus on farm mechanization is a major factor driving the global crop harvesting robots market share growth. Machines are steadily replacing people in agriculture in various countries and have significantly reshaped the agricultural landscape. The productivity of the farm has a direct relationship with the efficient utilization of farm implements. Agricultural mechanization is the process of utilizing agricultural machinery to mechanize work. It helps in improving the timeliness of operations and increases the quality of production. Crop harvesting robots have been gaining popularity as an effective solution for harvesting across farms, greenhouses, and nurseries. They have widely been used as an effective solution for labor shortage problems during the harvesting season in various countries. Some of the crop harvesting robots commonly used are lettuce harvesters, cucumber harvesters, wheat harvesters, barley harvesters, and sweet pepper harvesters. Some of the government organizations are focusing on promoting farm mechanization. Due to such reasons, the market will continue to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Key Crop Harvesting Robots Market Trend
The expansion of greenhouse farms is another factor supporting the global crop harvesting robots market share growth. There is an increasing demand for automation in greenhouse farms due to the lack of availability of skilled laborers to carry out various tasks in greenhouses. Some of the government organizations also provide financial support for the development of greenhouse farms. For instance, in India, under the National Horticulture Mission, the Government of India encourages the production of flowers through greenhouse farming by providing a 50% subsidy for greenhouse structures. Greenhouses protect crops from extreme climatic conditions. Countries such as Russia and France effectively deal with cold climatic conditions using greenhouses. Some of the greenhouses are focusing on expanding their facilities. Therefore, the expansion plans of end-users can increase the demand for crop harvesting robots, which, in turn, can accelerate the growth momentum of the market during the forecast period.
Key Crop Harvesting Robots Market Challenge
The high maintenance cost will be a major challenge for the global crop harvesting robots market share growth during the forecast period. The process of crop harvesting involving crop harvesting robots includes crop detection, crop removal, crop placement in the container, and the motion of the vehicle to the next plant. Usually, the harvesting of fruits and vegetables involves a long harvesting time. The long harvesting time increases the demand for several harvest machines; this increases the expenditure of the end-users. Moreover, crop harvesting robots are equipped with advanced electromechanical and computing technology, the integration of which results in the high cost of the equipment. Furthermore, during the continuous use of crop harvesting robots, the need for regular maintenance, reparation of the machine, and battery recharge increases. Hence, end-users have to spend on additional operational and maintenance costs. The high machinery and maintenance costs are a major concern for end-users. In developing countries, the cost factor restricts the demand for such machinery, thereby impeding market growth during the forecast period.
This crop harvesting robots market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global crop harvesting robots market as part of the agricultural and farm machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the crop harvesting robots market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Crop Harvesting Robots Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Cerescon BV
- Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Dogtooth Technologies Ltd.
- Energid Technologies Corp.
- Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd.
- Harvest Automation
- Harvest CROO Robotics
- Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc.
This statistical study of the crop harvesting robots market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The crop harvesting robots market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Agrobot- The company offers E Series the first pre commercial robotic harvesters for gently harvest of strawberries. It has adaptable configuration, high reliability, real time AI, gentle harvest and active safety.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The crop harvesting robots market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Crop Harvesting Robots Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the crop harvesting robots market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the agricultural and farm machinery market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Crop Harvesting Robots Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
39% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key markets for crop harvesting robots market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in MEA.
The shortage of workers on farms will facilitate the crop harvesting robots market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Crop Harvesting Robots Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The crop harvesting robots market share growth by the fruit and vegetable harvesting robots segment will be significant during the forecast period. Fruit and vegetable harvesting are a labor-intensive task. Hence, the decrease in the number of workers for such harvesting activities is inevitable. Fruits such as strawberries and oranges are considered cash crops and hence, need to be harvested carefully, thus increasing the demand for fruit and vegetable harvesting robots. Most fruit and vegetable growers follow the practice of harvesting it quickly, which results in a large amount of waste as some fruits and vegetables might not be ready to be harvested or have been overripened. Fruit and vegetable harvesting robots can be programmed to harvest only those fruits and vegetables that are ready to be consumed. The possibility of such selective harvesting drives the demand for fruit and vegetable harvesting robots among growers.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the crop harvesting robots market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Crop Harvesting Robots Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 28.36%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1455.57 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, UK, China, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Agrobot, Cerescon BV, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Dogtooth Technologies Ltd., Energid Technologies Corp., FFRobotics, Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd., Harvest Automation, Harvest CROO Robotics, and Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Crop Harvesting Robots Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive crop harvesting robots market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the crop harvesting robots market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the crop harvesting robots industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of crop harvesting robots market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Agricultural and farm machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Fruit and vegetable harvesting robots - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Fruit and vegetable harvesting robots - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Fruit and vegetable harvesting robots - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Grain harvesting robots - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Grain harvesting robots - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Grain harvesting robots - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive landscape
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Agrobot
- Exhibit 43: Agrobot - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Agrobot - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Agrobot - Key offerings
- 10.4 Cerescon BV
- Exhibit 46: Cerescon BV - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Cerescon BV - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: Cerescon BV– Key news
- Exhibit 49: Cerescon BV - Key offerings
- 10.5 Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 53: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Dogtooth Technologies Ltd.
- 10.7 Energid Technologies Corp.
- Exhibit 57: Energid Technologies Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Energid Technologies Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Energid Technologies Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 60: Energid Technologies Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.8 FFRobotics
- Exhibit 61: FFRobotics - Overview
- Exhibit 62: FFRobotics - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: FFRobotics - Key offerings
- 10.9 Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd.
- Exhibit 64: Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Harvest Automation
- Exhibit 67: Harvest Automation - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Harvest Automation - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Harvest Automation - Key offerings
- 10.11 Harvest CROO Robotics
- Exhibit 70: Harvest CROO Robotics - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Harvest CROO Robotics - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: Harvest CROO Robotics - Key offerings
- 10.12 Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 73: Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Torguga Agricultural Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 76: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 77: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 78: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 79: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 80: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing focus on farm mechanization
- Expansion of greenhouse farms
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.