Data-as-a-Service Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 130
- SKU: IRTNTR70799
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The data-as-a-service market share is expected to increase by USD 29.82 billion from 2020 to 2025, at a CAGR of 38.87%.
This data-as-a-service market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers data-as-a-service market segmentations by end-user (BFSI, retail, telecom, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The data-as-a-service market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Accenture Plc, Alteryx Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Dow Jones and Co. Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., Morningstar Inc., Oracle Corp., SAP SE, and SAS Institute Inc. among others.
What will the Data-as-a-Service Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Data-as-a-Service Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Data-as-a-Service Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing amount of data is notably driving the data-as-a-service market growth, although factors such as adhering to diverse client requirement may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the data-as-a-service market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Data-as-a-Service Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the Data-as-a-Service market is the growing amount of data. Every second in 2020, more than 1.7 megabytes (MB) of data will be generated around the world. More than 200 zettabytes of data will be stored in cloud storage around the world by 2025, according to estimates. In addition, enterprise applications generate large amounts of data, which will continue to be the case throughout the forecast period and beyond. Furthermore, organizations are having difficulty analyzing and managing large databases due to the increasing volume, variety, veracity, and velocity of data, which is referred to as the 4Vs. The growing volume of data generated in organizations through various channels and sources has compelled them to use DaaS in order to save money. Furthermore, data analysts need to thoroughly analyses large amounts of data and convert insights into real-time action. Irrelevant data provides inaccurate information and predictions about consumer behavior, buying patterns, and other related information that is used in critical decision-making processes. Furthermore, various DaaS-related technologies aided organizations in the transformation of unstructured and semi-structured data into structured and meaningful data.
Key Data-as-a-Service Market Trend
Data-as-a-Service in blockchain technology is another factor supporting the Data-as-a-Service market growth in the forecast period. Traditional blockchains have less scalability and don't have query languages to search and perform other functions. Moreover, the Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) technology helps companies to build blockchain applications and are scalable. The BaaS is decentralized; hence, the control can be shared with appropriate authorities. Furthermore, DaaS can provide the required application programming interface (APIs) to firms in order to help them build their own blockchain applications. Moreover, cases such as fraud, hacking, and unauthorized data access, can be identified by utilizing Blockchain-as-a-Service. The technology overhauls and improves security and highlights where action needs to be taken before and after a hack. However, shifting to a decentralized database network will require educating end-users and operators and integrating it into the current working process, which is a challenging process.
Key Data-as-a-Service Market Challenge
Adhering to diverse client requirement will be a major challenge for the Data-as-a-Service market during the forecast period. Several industries lack policies or frameworks to store the high volume of data, which leads to difficulties in the effective usage of DaaS solutions. As a result, it affects the market penetration of DaaS providers as their quality of service deteriorates. Furthermore, DaaS providers need to continuously develop and offer innovative solutions in step with changing customer requirements. This is a complex and cost-consuming process as it involves high degrees of uncertainty. Furthermore, failure to understand customers' requirements leads to potential loss of time and money. Therefore, the lack of a forward-looking policy makes it difficult for vendors to calculate and track ROI. This may hinder the value additions from service providers challenging the development of the DaaS market.
This data-as-a-service market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global data-as-a- service market (DaaS) as a part of the global data processing and outsourced services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the data-as-a-service market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Data-as-a-Service Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Accenture Plc
- Alteryx Inc.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Dow Jones and Co. Inc.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Morningstar Inc.
- Oracle Corp.
- SAP SE
- SAS Institute Inc.
This statistical study of the data-as-a-service market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The data-as-a-service market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Accenture Plc - The company offers solutions for service based transformation models that manage the device lifecycle with solutions for consumer electronics, medical and industrial equipment, enterprise hardware.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The data-as-a-service market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Data-as-a-Service Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the data-as-a-service market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global data processing and outsourced services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Data-as-a-Service Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for data-as-a-service market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Increase in adoption of big data services in industries has been identified as one of the chief factors that will facilitate the data-as-a-service market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
North American countries were economically affected by the COVID-19-induced lockdowns in H1 2020. In the US, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) used data analytics tools to control the spread of COVID-19 and map the number of cases. The tools run in collaboration with the state, local, and territorial health departments, public health, commercial and clinical laboratories, and healthcare providers. The real-time COVID-19 trackers that continuously pull data from sources around North America helped healthcare workers, scientists, epidemiologists, and policymakers aggregate and synthesize incident data. Such factors increased the demand for Data-as-a-Service solutions that effectively distribute the relevant data from which useful insights can be derived by taking the help of technologies such as artificial intelligence. Furthermore, several countries are planning to take initiatives to put the economy back on track, which will propel the growth of the DaaS market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Data-as-a-Service Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The data-as-a-service market share growth by the end-user segments. BSFI segment will be significant during the forecast period. In the BFSI sector, Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) is opted to make respective models for trading, fund management, and risk control. With the growth of DaaS in terms of volume, variety, and complexity, DaaS is useful for banks to generate useful insights leading to improved performance.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the data-as-a-service market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Data-as-a-Service Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Decelerate at a CAGR of 38.87%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 29.82 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, Japan, UK, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Accenture Plc, Alteryx Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Dow Jones and Co. Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., Morningstar Inc., Oracle Corp., SAP SE, and SAS Institute Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Data-as-a-Service Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive data-as-a-service market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the data-as-a-service market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the data-as-a-service industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of data-as-a-service market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Data processing and outsources services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: BFSI - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Retail - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Telecom - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Telecom - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Telecom - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 26: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Accenture Plc
- Exhibit 47: Accenture Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Accenture Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Accenture Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 50: Accenture Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Accenture Plc - Segment focus
- 10.4 Alteryx Inc.
- Exhibit 52: Alteryx Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Alteryx Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Alteryx Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 55: Alteryx Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Exhibit 56: Amazon Web Services Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Amazon Web Services Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: Amazon Web Services Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 59: Amazon Web Services Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Dow Jones and Co. Inc.
- Exhibit 60: Dow Jones and Co. Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Dow Jones and Co. Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: Dow Jones and Co. Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 63: Dow Jones and Co. Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 64: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: International Business Machines Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 67: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Microsoft Corp.
- Exhibit 69: Microsoft Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Microsoft Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Microsoft Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 72: Microsoft Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Microsoft Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Morningstar Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Morningstar Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Morningstar Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Morningstar Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 77: Morningstar Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Oracle Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Oracle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Oracle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Oracle Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 81: Oracle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Oracle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 SAP SE
- Exhibit 83: SAP SE - Overview
- Exhibit 84: SAP SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: SAP SE - Key news
- Exhibit 86: SAP SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: SAP SE - Segment focus
- 10.12 SAS Institute Inc.
- Exhibit 88: SAS Institute Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: SAS Institute Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 90: SAS Institute Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 91: SAS Institute Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- growing amount of data
- DaaS in blockchain technology
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts