Digital Retail Marketing Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 142
- SKU: IRTNTR43941
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The digital retail marketing market share is expected to increase by USD 524.18 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 24.01%.
This digital retail marketing market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers digital retail marketing market segmentations by type (search ads, display ads, social media, e-mail marketing, and others) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The digital retail marketing market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alphabet Inc., Daniel J. Edelman Holdings Inc., Facebook Inc., Microsoft Corp., Omnicom Group Inc., Pinterest Inc., Salesforce.com Inc., The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc., Twitter Inc., and Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Inc. among others.
What will the Digital Retail Marketing Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Digital Retail Marketing Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Digital Retail Marketing Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The rapid growth in social media is notably driving the digital retail marketing market growth, although factors such as requirement of skilled workforce may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the digital retail marketing industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Digital Retail Marketing Market Driver
The rapid growth in social media is a major factor driving the global digital retail marketing market share growth. Social media platforms allow the advertising of the websites of individuals or organizations on a larger scale than most other advertising media. Advertisers are able to build brand acquaintance among users by putting up posts and updates on brand pages, which get shared among their network. Regular updates enhance brand visibility and help to acquire new customers as well as to increase familiarity among existing customers. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant influence on social media usage. To avoid the spread of COVID-19, many countries have announced restrictions related to travel, and people have been advised to stay indoors as a part of the lockdown measure. This has increased the time spent on social media platforms in countries such as the US, the UAE, Italy, India, China, Spain, and Germany. Therefore, an increase in the use of social media platforms will drive the demand for digital retail marketing in these countries and thereby influence the overall growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Digital Retail Marketing Market Trend
The growing shift of preference from traditional to digital retail advertising channels will be a major challenge for the global retail marketing market share growth. With the advances in technology, there has been a rapid shift in preference to digital retail advertising from the traditional medium. This is primarily because of the effectiveness offered by digital media in terms of the ability to view the posts and advertisements at any point with no location constraints. In addition, marketers are also combining traditional channels with online channels, such as the use of geofencing to send advertising messages to mobile devices within range of a billboard, shelter, or outlet. Some of the major factors influencing the shift from traditional advertising channels to digital channels are increased brand awareness, modernization, enhanced customer experience and increased product awareness. Essentially, the market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Key Digital Retail Marketing Market Challenge
The requirement for skilled workforce will be a major challenge for the global digital retail marketing market share growth. The global digital retail marketing market is upgrading rapidly, and one of the major challenges faced by companies is the need for a skilled and talented workforce that adapts quickly to the latest advances in technology. Companies need to hire employees who can cope up with the rapidly transforming market. This cannot be achieved only through a good recruitment team; it also requires a complementary employee development team as well as effective processes and procedures. Besides considering the soft skills and the expertise of the employees, recruiters must also consider the customer and data management skills of the employees. Essentially, due to such reasons, the growth of the market will be hampered.
This digital retail marketing market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global digital retail marketing market as part of the global internet and direct marketing retail market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the digital retail marketing market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Digital Retail Marketing Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alphabet Inc.
- Daniel J. Edelman Holdings Inc.
- Facebook Inc.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Omnicom Group Inc.
- Pinterest Inc.
- Salesforce.com Inc.
- The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc.
- Twitter Inc.
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Inc.
This statistical study of the digital retail marketing market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The digital retail marketing market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alphabet Inc.- The company offers digital marketing solutions through YouTube.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The digital retail marketing market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Digital Retail Marketing Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the digital retail marketing market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global internet and direct marketing retail market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Digital Retail Marketing Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
40% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for digital retail marketing market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The high population density and the rapid penetration of the Internet in the region will facilitate the digital retail marketing market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Digital Retail Marketing Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The digital retail marketing market share growth by the search ads segment will be significant during the forecast period. Search ads are currently the most popular form of digital retail marketing and will continue to be the dominant marketing segment during the forecast period. One of the major factors influencing the search ads market is the rapid growth of e-commerce.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has fast tracked the demand for the digital retail marketing. The COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on the growth of the search ads market. Lockdown in many countries has led to an increase in the time spent on the Internet, which propels the number of potential search ad viewers. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the digital retail marketing market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Digital Retail Marketing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 24.01%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 524.18 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 40%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, Japan, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alphabet Inc., Daniel J. Edelman Holdings Inc., Facebook Inc., Microsoft Corp., Omnicom Group Inc., Pinterest Inc., Salesforce.com Inc., The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc., Twitter Inc., and Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Digital Retail Marketing Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive digital retail marketing market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the digital retail marketing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the digital retail marketing industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of digital retail marketing market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- 5.3 Search ads - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 5.4 Display ads - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 5.5 Social media - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 5.6 E-mail marketing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 5.8 Market opportunity by Type
6 Market Segmentation by Platform
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by Platform
- 6.3 Mobile devices - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 6.4 Desktops - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Platform
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- 10.3 Competitive Landscape
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Alphabet Inc.
- 11.4 Daniel J. Edelman Holdings Inc.
- 11.5 Facebook Inc.
- 11.6 Microsoft Corp.
- 11.7 Omnicom Group Inc.
- 11.8 Pinterest Inc.
- 11.9 Salesforce.com Inc.
- 11.10 The Interpublic Group of Companies Inc.
- 11.11 Twitter Inc.
- 11.12 Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Inc.
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Rapid growth in social media
- Increased focus on personalization in marketing
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts