Elderberry Market by Application, Distribution Channel, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Oct 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44935
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The elderberry market share is expected to increase by USD 214.88 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.52%.
This elderberry market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers elderberry market segmentation by application (health and wellness, beverages, foods, and others) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The elderberry market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Artemis International, Gaia Herbs Inc., Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd., Innovative Natural Solutions, Norms Farms., NOW Health Group Inc., Pharmacare, Pukka Herbs Ltd., Ransom Naturals Ltd., and Schwabe Group among others.
What will the Elderberry Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Elderberry Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Elderberry Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The health benefits of elderberry are notably driving the elderberry market growth, although factors such as the increasing popularity of substitute products may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the elderberry industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Elderberry Market Driver
The Health benefits of elderberry are one of the key factors driving the growth of the global elderberry market. The key reasons for boosting the demand and consumption of elderberries are the health benefits associated with elderberry products. Elderberry has been considered a medicinal plant with rich nutrient content. A 100 g serving of elderberry contains 73 g calories, 18.40 g carbohydrate, 0.66 g protein, 0.50 g fat, calcium 38 mg, and 7 g of dietary fiber. It is also a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, and potassium. Thus, elderberry products are generally associated with nutritional and medicinal benefits such as the alleviation of cold and flu. The products are primarily consumed in the form of powder, extract, tablets, and capsules. Also, owing to various health benefits, vendors have been launching various elderberry products, which will propel market growth. In July 2021, Gaia Herbs Inc, a natural herbal products brand in the US, announced the extension of its Black Elderberry line with its latest USDA-certified organic immune health product, Black Elderberry Tonic.
Key Elderberry Market Trend
Increasing demand for superfruits and functional ingredients will fuel the global elderberry market growth. The rising consumer orientation toward H and W has resulted in increased adoption of healthy food and a healthy lifestyle. Many dietary and health issues such as obesity and undernutrition have led to high demand for healthier foods. Superfruits are fruits rich in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Thus, the demand for fruits such as acai berry, Bilberry, and pomegranate is increasing due to their inherent nutritional and bioactive content. However, the use of elderberry is also increasing in the supplement and beverage industries due to its rising popularity as a medicinal and flavorsome fruit. In addition, new vendors are launching products with elderberry as an ingredient. For instance, in December 2020, Artemis International Inc., a supplier of dark berry extracts for functional foods and supplements, bolstered its immune support offerings with the launch of its BerryDefense Immune Blend. The ingredient combines the company’s European black elderberry with extracts of Aronia and black currant to support the immune system along with cardiovascular and eye health.
Key Elderberry Market Challenge
The increasing popularity of substitute products is the major challenge for the global elderberry market growth. Elderberry is a superfruit with multiple medicinal and nutritional benefits, leading to its varied application in wine, supplements, and foods. However, its popularity has been mitigated by the increasing use of substitute products such as cranberry, blueberry, and acai berry. This scenario is due to the limited availability of elderberry across the globe. Acai berries provide many functional benefits, such as antioxidant properties and essential fatty acids, including omega-6 (linoleic acid) and omega-9 (oleic acid). Essential fatty acids (EFA) in acai berries, such as omega-6 and omega-3, lower bad cholesterol levels. Monounsaturated fats are good fats that raise good cholesterol levels. A diet rich in these fats increases longevity and lowers the risk of heart diseases and cancer. Owing to the slow energy-releasing property of acai berries, they are an ideal food for endurance sports in which stamina and energy are vital. Thus, the increasing popularity of substitutes acts as a major challenge to the growth of the global elderberry market.
This elderberry market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global elderberry market as a part of the global packaged foods and meats market under the global food products segment of the global food, beverage, and tobacco market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the elderberry market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Elderberry Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Artemis International
- Gaia Herbs Inc.
- Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.
- Innovative Natural Solutions
- Norms Farms.
- NOW Health Group Inc.
- Pukka Herbs Ltd.
- Ransom Naturals Ltd.
- Schwabe Group
This statistical study of the elderberry market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The elderberry market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Artemis International - The company offers elderberry products such as Elderberry Berryceuticals and Elderberry Extract Phytonutrient.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The elderberry market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Elderberry Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the elderberry market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global food, beverage, and tobacco market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Elderberry Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request PDF Sample now!
44% of the market’s growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany, Italy, and Denmark are the key markets for the elderberry market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in regions.
The Health benefits of elderberry will facilitate the elderberry market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 was one of the key factors that increased the sales of elderberries in the region in 2020. Countries in Europe, such as Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland, the UK, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Portugal, and Sweden, were severely affected by the disease. To contain the spread of the disease, several countries imposed lockdown restrictions in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic intensified the use of elderberries to boost immunity. The regional market is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period, owing to the growing consumer demand to boost immune health.
What are the Revenue-generating Application Segments in the Elderberry Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a PDF Sample
The elderberry market share growth in the Health and wellness segment will be significant during the forecast period. The rising adoption of a healthy lifestyle and diets has also propelled the use of elderberry in various herbal supplements. Since people consider herbal health tonics healthier and natural due to the absence of chemicals, thus the demand for herbal medicines is gradually increasing. Elderberry has been long used as a folk medicine across many parts of Europe as a supplement to treat cold and flu symptoms.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the elderberry market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Elderberry Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.52%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 214.88 million
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 44%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, Austria, Italy, and Denmark
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Artemis International, Gaia Herbs Inc., Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd., Innovative Natural Solutions, Norms Farms., NOW Health Group Inc., Pharmacare, Pukka Herbs Ltd., Ransom Naturals Ltd., and Schwabe Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Elderberry Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive elderberry market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the elderberry market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the elderberry industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of elderberry market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Packaged foods and meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Health and wellness - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Health and wellness - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Health and wellness - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Beverages - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Beverages - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Beverages - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Foods - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Foods - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Foods - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Artemis International
- Exhibit 47: Artemis International - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Artemis International - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: Artemis International - Key offerings
- 10.4 Gaia Herbs Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Gaia Herbs Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Gaia Herbs Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Gaia Herbs Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 53: Gaia Herbs Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.
- 10.6 Innovative Natural Solutions
- Exhibit 57: Innovative Natural Solutions - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Innovative Natural Solutions - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Innovative Natural Solutions - Key news
- Exhibit 60: Innovative Natural Solutions - Key offerings
- 10.7 Norms Farms.
- Exhibit 61: Norms Farms. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Norms Farms. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Norms Farms. - Key offerings
- 10.8 NOW Health Group Inc.
- Exhibit 64: NOW Health Group Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: NOW Health Group Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: NOW Health Group Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Pharmacare
- Exhibit 67: Pharmacare - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Pharmacare - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Pharmacare - Key offerings
- 10.10 Pukka Herbs Ltd.
- Exhibit 70: Pukka Herbs Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Pukka Herbs Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: Pukka Herbs Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Ransom Naturals Ltd.
- Exhibit 73: Ransom Naturals Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Ransom Naturals Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Ransom Naturals Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Schwabe Group
- Exhibit 76: Schwabe Group - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Schwabe Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: Schwabe Group - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 79: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 80: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 81: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 82: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 83: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- health benefits of elderberry
- rising penetration of online retailing and e-commerce
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts