Fast Food Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45866
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The fast-food market share is expected to increase by USD 87.27 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%.
This fast-food market research report extensively covers fast food market segmentation by product (non-vegetarian fast food and vegetarian fast food) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The fast-food market report also offers information on several market vendors, including American Dairy Queen Corp., Doctors Associates LLC, Dominos Pizza Inc., Inspire Brands Inc., McDonald Corp., Papa Johns International Inc., Restaurant Brands International Inc., Starbucks Coffee Company, The Wendys Co., and YUM Brands Inc. among others.
What will the Fast Food Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Fast Food Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Fast Food Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing online presence of fast food vendors is notably driving the fast food market growth, although factors such as health concerns pertaining to the excessive consumption of fast foods may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the fast-food industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Fast Food Market Driver
The increasing online presence of fast food vendors is a key driving factor impacting the global fast-food market growth. The rising penetration of smartphones, coupled with the increasing accessibility to the Internet, is promoting the sale of fast food online. The personalized shopping assistance and suggestions on fast food products with respect to toppings, fillings, sauces, and others are among the major benefits of shopping online. E-commerce vendors allow customers to collect information and compare various fast food product varieties and types available on the site, based on the ingredients used. Vendors are motivated to offer fast food through online platforms, as it gives them easy access to the market and reduces their overhead costs by eliminating the need to rent or lease retail premises and hire workers. Therefore, the increasing online presence of fast food vendors will spur market growth during the forecast period.
Key Fast Food Market Trend
The growing number of fast-food outlets is a key trending factor impacting the global fast-food market growth. The culture of socializing at fast-food restaurants has become popular among urban youth. The increased influx of people to urban areas and a substantially large white-collared demographic segment have necessitated an increase in the number of food service outlets. The growth in the infrastructure in developing countries, like new airports and highways, also provides scope for major fast-food chains for establishing new outlets. Frequent travel to popular travel destinations by road or air has increased fast food intake among consumers. Many major fast-food stores are setting up franchises in developing countries like India and China. The growing number of stores and retail outlets are expected to propel the growth of the market focus during the forecast period.
Key Fast Food Market Challenge
Health concerns pertaining to the excessive consumption of fast foods are a key challenge negatively impacting the global fast-food market growth. There are various concerns regarding the health impacts of consuming fast food. The consumption of fast food may lead to various health issues such as obesity, diabetes, and others. The number of obese people in the world is increasing year over year because of changing food habits and lifestyles. The rising occurrence of health issues associated with food habits and lifestyles has made consumers more conscious about the food items that they consume. The rising awareness among consumers that fast food generally contains a high number of calories and fewer micronutrients persuades them to avoid consuming it. This is more likely to restrain the market growth, and hence it is acting as a major challenge for the global fast-food market.
This fast-food market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global fast-food market as part of the global restaurants market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the fast-food market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Fast Food Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- American Dairy Queen Corp.
- Doctors Associates LLC
- Dominos Pizza Inc.
- Inspire Brands Inc.
- McDonald Corp.
- Papa Johns International Inc.
- Restaurant Brands International Inc.
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- The Wendys Co.
- YUM Brands Inc.
This statistical study of the fast-food market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The fast-food market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The fast food market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Fast Food Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the fast food market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
Which are the Key Regions for the Fast Food Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
45% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. US, China, Japan, Canada, and UK are the key markets for market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The significant increase in the adoption of restaurents services by enterprises across industries in countries will facilitate the market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19, which was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, led to stringent measures, including lockdowns and quarantines in the region. To slow down the spread of COVID-19, the governments in the region announced a nationwide lockdown in 2020, which led to the temporary shutdown of restaurants and, in turn, hindered the growth of the fast-food market in the region in 2020. However, in 2021, the combination of accelerated vaccine deployment and the further easing of lockdown measures boosted the expectations for the fast-food industry in the region. The resumption of in-dining services in restaurants will have a positive impact on the fast-food market and is anticipated to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Fast Food Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth of the segments nonvegetarian fast-food segment will be significant during the forecast period. To attract consumers, various fast food outlets focus on offering innovative items on their non-vegetarian menus. Fish, seafood, chicken, beef, and others are mostly demanded by consumers. Non-vegetarian fast food is appetizing, and the mode of preparation differs from restaurant to restaurant. The taste differences encourage consumers to try different non-vegetarian foods at various restaurants, which, in turn, influences the market's growth. The demand for low-calorie and high-protein food products (like those that are made purely out of meat) is also driving the growth of the global non-vegetarian fast food market. Chicken is one of the highly demanded non-vegetarian fast food categories in the global non-vegetarian fast food market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the fast-food market size and actionable market insights on post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Fast Food Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 87.27 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 45%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, Canada, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
American Dairy Queen Corp., Doctors Associates LLC, Dominos Pizza Inc., Inspire Brands Inc., McDonald Corp., Papa Johns International Inc., Restaurant Brands International Inc., Starbucks Coffee Company, The Wendys Co., and YUM Brands Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, and Market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Fast Food Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive fast food market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the fast food market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the fast food market industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of fast food market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Restaurant market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Non-vegetarian fast food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Non-vegetarian fast food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Non-vegetarian fast food - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Vegetarian fast food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Vegetarian fast food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Vegetarian fast food - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 American Dairy Queen Corp.
- Exhibit 43: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Doctors Associates LLC
- Exhibit 46: Doctors Associates LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Doctors Associates LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: Doctors Associates LLC - Key offerings
- 10.5 Dominos Pizza Inc.
- Exhibit 49: Dominos Pizza Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Dominos Pizza Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Dominos Pizza Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Dominos Pizza Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Inspire Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 53: Inspire Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Inspire Brands Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Inspire Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 McDonald Corp.
- 10.8 Papa Johns International Inc.
- Exhibit 60: Papa Johns International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Papa Johns International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Papa Johns International Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 63: Papa Johns International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Papa Johns International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Restaurant Brands International Inc.
- Exhibit 65: Restaurant Brands International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Restaurant Brands International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Restaurant Brands International Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 68: Restaurant Brands International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Restaurant Brands International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Starbucks Coffee Company
- Exhibit 70: Starbucks Coffee Company - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Starbucks Coffee Company - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Starbucks Coffee Company- Key news
- Exhibit 73: Starbucks Coffee Company - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Starbucks Coffee Company - Segment focus
- 10.11 The Wendys Co.
- Exhibit 75: The Wendys Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: The Wendys Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: The Wendys Co.- Key news
- Exhibit 78: The Wendys Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: The Wendys Co. - Segment focus
- 10.12 YUM Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 80: YUM Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: YUM Brands Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: YUM Brands Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 83: YUM Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: YUM Brands Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing online presence of fast food vendors
- Growing number of fast food outlets
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts