Global Automotive Heated Seats Market 2016-2020
- Published: Aug 2016
- Pages: 98
- SKU: IRTNTR10181
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This industry research report identifies Gentherm, Continental, II-VI, Rostra Precision Controls, and Seat Comfort Systems as the key vendors in the global automotive heated seats market. This report also presents a competitive analysis of the market by end-users (aftermarket and OEMs), by vehicle type (LCVs, luxury cars, HCVs, and motorcycles), and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA).
Global automotive heated seats market analysis
Technavio's global automotive heated seats market research predicts that the market will grow steadily during the next four years and will post a CAGR of more than 6% by 2020, in terms of units. The increase in demand for luxury cars across the world leads to a rise in demand for the rapid electrification of mechanical components, which is identified to be one of the primary growth factors for this market. Driver comfort remains the prime factor for the growth of the luxury cars segment, where the automotive industry is constantly focusing on developing autonomous vehicles that can be electronically driven by on-board computers. Rapid electrification of has led to the development of complete electric vehicles that are more efficient, environment-friendly, and are as powerful as traditional internal combustion engine vehicles. Aimed at increasing the comfort level of the driver and passengers, heated car seats have become a mandatory accessory in the luxury and electric vehicles segment.
As per our automotive heated seats market research report, Americas will be the major revenue contributor to the market during the predicted period and estimate that this region will account for almost 48% of the total market share. The increase in the adoption of luxury cars in the region and the rise in adoption if LCVs in the US and Mexico will be major factors promoting the growth of the heated seats market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Though the global market is characterized by the presence of limited heated seat manufacturers, it also comprises the presence of several local players through the aftermarket in regions such as the US and Europe. The expected entry of several new OEMs will intensify the level of competition among the existing players. One of the key players Gentherm is currently the leading vendor in the global heated seats market and has its presence in both the heataed and climate control seats segment. The company claims that much of their revenue from heated seats comes from the US.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Rostra Precision Controls
- Seat Comfort Systems
The other prominent vendors in the market are Altimate Automotive, Automotive Concepts, Heated Seat Kits, I.G. Bauerhin, Kongsberg Automotive, Motormods, and Sargent Cycle Products.
Segmentation by end-users and analysis of the automotive heated seats market
- OEMs (original equipment manufacturers)
The OEMs segment consists of both the four wheeler and two wheeler manufacturers who prefer stock fitments from OEMs. Analysts predict that this segment accounted for more than 91% of the total market shares during 2015 and will also dominate the market throughout the forecast period. The estimated growth of the LCV market in the developed and emerging markets is identified to be the primary factor for the growth of this market segment.
Segmentation by vehicle type and analysis of the automotive heated seats market
- LCVs (light commercial vehicle)
- Luxury cars
- HCVs (heavy commercial vehicles)
This market study estimates that LCV segment will account for almost 42% of the total share of the market by 2020 and will also dominate the market throughout the forecast period. Factors such as the exponential growth of small businesses in China and the increase in demand for commercial vehicles in developing regions such as India will fuel the growth of this market segment.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global automotive heated seats market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global automotive heated seats market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global automotive heated seats market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global automotive heated seats market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global automotive heated seats market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Automotive Under the Hood Electronics Market 2016-2020
- Global Automotive Surround View Systems Market 2016-2020
- Global Automotive Interiors Material Market: Forecast and Trends 2015-2019
Heated seats have become a standard requirement in almost all luxury vehicles, and are also gaining traction in the mid-segment automobiles segment. The heat seating technology used in vehicles converts electricity into heat and keeps the seats warm inside vehicles. It comprises of components like thermostat, relay, resistor, and heated car seat covers. The growing demand for SUVs across the globe has accelerated the requirement for seat heaters, propelling the manufacturers to come up with such seat heaters that warm almost every part of the seat. Vendors are using advanced technologies such as aluminium extrusion for heated seating. Despite their omnipresence, these seat heaters are not manufactured as per any mandatory or voluntary industry regulations. Gentherm, Rostra, and Marlow have been identified as some of the key vendors in this market space.
The report, global automotive heated seats market, is part of Technavio’s automotive research portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as auto accessories, automotive components, automotive electronics, automotive manufacturing, automotive services, powertrain, and wheels and tires. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Report Coverage
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Automotive heated seats components
- Automotive heated seats: Market dynamics
- Value chain analysis
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by end users
- Global automotive heated seats market segmentation by end users
- Global automotive heated seats market by OEMs
- Global automotive heated seats market by aftermarket
PART 07: Market segmentation by vehicle type
- Global automotive heated seats market segmentation by vehicle type
- Global automotive heated seats market by LCVs
- Global automotive heated seats market by luxury cars
- Global automotive heated seats market by HCVs
- Global automotive heated seats market by motorcycles
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Segmentation of global automotive heated seats market by geography
- Automotive heated seats market in Americas
- Automotive heated seats market in APAC
- Automotive heated seats market in EMEA
PART 09: Market drivers
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive benchmarking
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- II-VI Incorporated
- Rostra Precision Controls Inc.
- Seat Comfort Systems
PART 15: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 16: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts