Overview of the ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
Extensive research carried out by the analysts at Technavio has shown that the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market will witness steady growth at a CAGR of more than 5% over the forecast period. The growing popularity of organic baby foods is a significant factor driving this market’s growth. The increasing awareness about the harmful effects of chemicals and preservatives in food has resulted in an increasing number of parents opting for organic food for infants. A preference of organic baby products stems from a concern for health and general well-being, especially that of children. Organic baby food is free from chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, and antibiotics, which is leading to their increased adoption, for example, HiPP is a leading European brand of organic baby food. It offers a wide array of organic pureed baby foods such as Just Fruit - Apple, Peach and Mango in ready-to-eat fruit pots, pouches, and jars.
One of the latest trends gaining traction in the market is the growing focus of vendors towards increasing their market presence in untapped markets. A large number of untapped regions in APAC and MEA dot the pureed baby foods market. For instance, India has the highest population of children in the age group of 0-4 years; however, the per capita consumption of packaged baby food is low. This presents considerable opportunity for baby food manufacturers to venture into untapped markets. Moreover, emerging economies like India and China have witnessed a surge in the number of working women, which offers immense growth opportunities for convenient pureed baby food products in the market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market is highly dynamic owing to the rapidly changing consumer demand and preferences. The market is highly fragmented because of the presence of numerous regional and international vendors. The vendors in the market compete on the basis of factors such as price, quality, innovation, reputation, promotion, and distribution. The intense competition among the vendors in the market often encourages them to reduce their product prices, negatively affecting margins and market growth.
Key vendors in this market are -
- Kraft Heinz
- Plum, PBC
Other prominent vendors in the market include Amara Organics, Baby Gourmet Foods, Ella's Kitchen, Initiative Foods, Nurture (Happy Family), SPROUT, and The Hain Celestial Group.
Segmentation by product type and analysis of the ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
- Stage 1 pureed baby foods
- Stage 2 pureed baby foods
- Stage 3 pureed baby foods
During 2016, the stage 2 pureed baby foods segment led the global market and will continue to dominate the market over the next four years. Stage 2 pureed baby foods are developed for more experienced eaters – babies who are between about 6 months and less than 8 months of age. At this stage, babies’ taste for new ingredients is developed. Therefore, these products comprise two or more ingredients to improve taste and offer new textures, which is likely to boost their sales of stage 2 pureed baby foods in the future.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
In terms of geography, the Americas led the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market during 2016 and will continue to account for the highest market shares until the end of 2021. The growth of this market is attributed to a higher percentage of working mothers, increased purchasing power, and expansive product portfolios in the region. In the US, organic pureed baby food sales have skyrocketed owing to health concerns among parents about food safety. This has impelled parents to spend more on organic baby food, which will also contribute to this market’s growth.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Research Methodology
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Key baby food attributes manufacturers need to keep in mind while developing any new baby food product
- Regional product lifecycle for global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Global baby food and infant formula market
- Global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product type
- Global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market by product type
- Global stage 1 pureed baby foods market
- Global stage 2 pureed baby foods market
- Global stage 3 pureed baby foods market
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market by geography
- Ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market in Americas
- Ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market in EMEA
- Ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market in APAC
PART 08: Market segmentation by distribution channel
- Global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market by distribution channel
PART 09: Key leading countries
PART 10: Market drivers
- Advice from reliable sources influence the purchasing decision
- Rise in number of working women worldwide
- Growing popularity of organic baby food products
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
- Declining birth rate
- Risk of contamination and product recall
- False claims by certain manufacturers
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
- Innovation in packaging
- Increase in strategic alliances consolidating the market growth
- Growing focus toward increasing market presence in untapped markets
PART 15: Competitor analysis
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive positioning assessment
- Market positioning matrix based on product portfolio and brand presence for key market players
- Strategic roadmap for manufacturers operating in the global ready-to-eat pureed baby foods market
- Key ready-to-eat pureed baby food manufacturers mapping based on their market position
- Kraft Heinz
- Plum, PBC (Plum Organics)
- Other prominent market players
PART 16: Appendix
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape