Global Smart Grid IT Systems Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jun 2016
- Pages: 70
- SKU: IRTNTR8975
This market research report presents a detailed segmentation of the global smart grid IT systems market by application (EMS, DMS, OMS, and data analytics) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The leading vendors in the market include Accenture, GE-Alstom, Capgemini, IBM, and Siemens.
Overview of the global smart grid IT systems market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global smart grid IT systems market to grow at a CAGR of close to 13% by 2020. The growing demand for improved grid reliability, efficiency, control voltage fluctuation, and integration of renewables has pushed the utilities to look out for solutions in managing new assets. Several IT companies are offering specific IT solutions such as SaaS, which will allow utilities to integrate different smart grid systems and manage them from a central location. IT solutions help utilities to save on the maintenance of smart grids and the software upgrading costs. Several financial benefits associated with smart grid IT systems will increase their implementation during the forecast period.
The utilities are modernizing the grid by adopting smart grids that use digital and IT systems to manage the power flow efficiently and effectively. Such modifications will help them to make the grid reliable, protect it against cybersecurity, and increase flexibility to make rapid changes as per supply and demand conditions. The shift towards using digital sensing field devices, and communication and control technologies have propelled utilities towards grid modernization; thereby boosting growth prospects for the smart grid IT systems market.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the smart grid IT systems market
- Data analytics
The energy management system (EMS) was the largest segment in the smart grid IT systems market in 2015 and accounted for around 31% of the overall market share. The growing adoption of smart grid systems across the globe has increased the grid reliability and minimized losses subsequently. EMS provides clear visibility and control of the transmission and distribution grid, and helps utilities to optimize the grid performance.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the smart grid IT systems market
The Americas dominated the smart grid IT systems market in 2015 and accounted for around 45% of the market share. Much of this region’s growth can be attributed to increased investments in smart grid systems. Factors such as the growing smart metering system and demand response programs are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the smart grid IT systems market in the Americas during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is characterized by the presence of established vendors; however, on the regional front, the market is dominated by local suppliers. Key vendors have an extensive portfolio of power plant-related equipment and services and cater to all kinds of power generation plants such as coal-based, gas-based, nuclear, solar, and wind farms. The competitive environment in this market is expected to intensify during the forecast period because of increase in product extensions, technological innovations, and growth in M&A.
Key vendors in this market are –
Other prominent vendors in the smart grid IT systems market include Alcatel-Lucent US, AT&T, EnerNOC, Ericsson, FirstCarbon Solutions, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Itron, Lockheed Martin, Tendril Networks, Trilliant Energy Services, and Wipro.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global smart grid IT systems market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global smart grid IT systems market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global smart grid IT systems market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global smart grid IT systems market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global smart grid IT systems market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Smart Grid Data Management Market 2016-2020
- Global Smart Grid Data Analytics Market 2015-2019
- Global Smart Grid Networking Market 2015-2019
- Global Smart Grid Managed Services Market 2015-2019
Smart grid IT systems comprise of sophisticated IT systems that help the grid operators to increase the stability, and reliability while being cost-effective. The market is expected to witness robust double-digit growth over the next few years. GE Grid Solutions and ABB are some of the prominent players in this market space.
The report, global smart grid IT systems market, is part of Technavio’s energy research portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as energy storage, power, oil and gas, smart grid, and waste and waste management. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Global smart grid IT systems market by application 2015
- Global smart grid IT systems market by application 2020
- Global smart grid IT systems market by application 2015-2020
- Global smart grid IT systems by EMS
- Global smart grid IT systems by DMS
- Global smart grid IT systems market by data analytics
- Global smart grid IT systems market by OMS
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global smart grid IT systems market by geography 2015
- Global smart grid IT systems market by geography 2020
- Global smart grid IT systems market by geography 2015-2020
- Smart grid IT systems market in Americas
- Smart grid IT systems market in EMEA
- Smart grid IT systems market in APAC
PART 08: Key leading countries
PART 09: Market drivers
- Increased investments in smart grid technologies
- Financial benefits associated with smart grid IT systems
- Change in energy mix
- Power crisis
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- High cost of upgrading smart grids
- Risk of cyber attacks
- Lack of interoperability standards for smart grid technologies
- Low consumer awareness about smart grid technologies
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
- Rapid deployment of smart grids
- Increased demand for power
- Grid modernization
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
PART 16: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 17: Explore Technavio
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?