Grass-fed Beef Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 112
- SKU: IRTNTR40627
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The grass-fed beef market share is expected to increase by USD 39.95 bn from 2021 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 14.72%.
This grass-fed beef market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers grass-fed beef market segmentations by product (fresh grass-fed beef and processed grass-fed beef) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The grass-fed beef market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Conagra Brands Inc., Donald Russell Ltd., Fanatical Foods Ltd., Hormel Foods Corp., JBS SA, Perdue Farms Inc., Primal Web Ltd., Rain Crow Ranch, Sysco Corp., and Verde Farms among others.
What will the Grass-fed Beef Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Grass-fed Beef Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Grass-fed Beef Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The new product launches influencing grass-fed beef consumption is notably driving the grass-fed beef market growth, although factors such as premium price of grass-fed beef may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the grass-fed beef industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Grass-fed Beef Market Driver
New product launches influencing grass-fed beef consumption is the major driver of the growth of the grass-fed beef market. Successful product launches aid the growth of the players and the market by increasing the revenue flow of a company and expanding its consumer base. They also help the players gain higher market shares and offer them a competitive edge over their competitorsThe New Primal launched its Beef Thin, a savory and snackable jerky product. The company claims that the new product line features thinly-sliced 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef. In April 2019, Teton Waters Ranch, one of the pioneer companies that offer 100% grass-fed and finished beef, announced the launch of its brand-new Burger Blends. The new frozen burger patties are made from a unique blend of 100% grass-fed beef and savory mushrooms and are the first of their kind available in the frozen food aisle. In October 2019, Lorissa's Kitchen announced the product launch of Whole-Made Medley Bars that combine dried fruit, nuts, seeds, egg whites, and grass-fed beef or chicken.
Key Grass-fed Beef Market Trend
Introduction of new packaging is the major trend driving the growth of the grass-fed beef market.The introduction of new packaging for grass-fed beef products can influence the growth of the market during the forecast period. Attractive packaging and designs will garner the attention of the consumers and increase product visibility. Hence, players are introducing new packaging designs for their products.In December 2020, Amcor launched new packaging for fresh and processed meat named Eco-Tite, which is recyclable and shrink-free. In October 2019, CP Foods launched green packaging for meat range to reduce waste, especially plastic waste, and to promote the use of environment-friendly material. In April 2017, a Chicago-based company that specializes in premium grass-fed beef called PRE Brands introduced a new packaging design that offers shoppers a 360 view of PRE products. The new packaging was an easy-open vacuum pack attached to a paperboard backer.
Key Grass-fed Beef Market Challenge
The premium price of grass-fed beef is the major hindrance to the growth of the grass-fed beef market.The premium price of grass-fed beef is one of the primary challenges for the market. Grass-fed beef is estimated to be almost 70% more costly than grain-fed beef. This premium price discourages price-sensitive consumers and can affect the growth of the market during the forecast period.The supply chain of grass-fed beef is different from conventional beef, which can lead to a rise in the cost of production of grass-fed beef. For instance, the processing facilities of conventional beef can handle about 5,000 animals per day, while the processing facilities of grass-fed beef may process only a few animals per day. The supply chain of grass-fed beef is longer and more expensive than conventional beef, which increases the price of the final product. Moreover, most slaughterhouses do not have the right facilities to handle grass-fed beef, which can also drop the revenue of the market during the forecast period.
This grass-fed beef market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorises grass-fed beef market as a part of global packaged foods and meat market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the grass-fed beef market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Grass-fed Beef Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Conagra Brands Inc.
- Donald Russell Ltd.
- Fanatical Foods Ltd.
- Hormel Foods Corp.
- JBS SA
- Perdue Farms Inc.
- Primal Web Ltd.
- Rain Crow Ranch
- Sysco Corp.
- Verde Farms
This statistical study of the grass-fed beef market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The grass-fed beef market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The grass-fed beef market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Grass-fed Beef Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the grass-fed beef market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global packaged foods and meat market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Grass-fed Beef Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
27% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US, UK, Canada, Germany, and China are the key markets for market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Awareness of the higher health benefits of grass-fed beef than conventional beef will facilitate the market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Grass-fed Beef Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The grass-fed beef market share growth by the fresh grass-fed beef segment will be significant during the forecast period. The high demand for fresh grass-fed beef can be attributed to the perception that fresh grass-fed beef is healthier than processed grass-fed beef. The awareness of the health benefits of grass-fed beef such as higher content of omega-3 fatty acids linoleic acid and antioxidant vitamins like vitamin E propel its demand in the US, Australia, and other markets.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the grass-fed beef market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Grass-fed Beef Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 14.72%
Market growth 2020-2024
USD 39.95 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 27%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Canada, Germany, and China
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Conagra Brands Inc., Donald Russell Ltd., Fanatical Foods Ltd., Hormel Foods Corp., JBS SA, Perdue Farms Inc., Primal Web Ltd., Rain Crow Ranch, Sysco Corp., and Verde Farms
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Grass-fed Beef Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive grass-fed beef market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the grass-fed beef market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the grass-fed beef industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of grass-fed beef market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Packaged Foods and Meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Fresh grass-fed beef - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Fresh grass-fed beef - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Fresh grass-fed beef - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Processed grass-fed beef - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Processed grass-fed beef - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Processed grass-fed beef - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Conagra Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Conagra Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Conagra Brands Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Conagra Brands Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 46: Conagra Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Conagra Brands Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Donald Russell Ltd.
- Exhibit 48: Donald Russell Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Donald Russell Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: Donald Russell Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Fanatical Foods Ltd. t/a Pipers Farm
- Exhibit 51: Fanatical Foods Ltd. t/a Pipers Farm - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Fanatical Foods Ltd. t/a Pipers Farm - Product and service
- Exhibit 53: Fanatical Foods Ltd. t/a Pipers Farm - Key offerings
- 10.6 Hormel Foods Corp.
- Exhibit 54: Hormel Foods Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Hormel Foods Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Hormel Foods Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Hormel Foods Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 JBS SA
- 10.8 Perdue Farms Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Perdue Farms Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Perdue Farms Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Perdue Farms Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Primal Meats
- Exhibit 66: Primal Meats - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Primal Meats - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Primal Meats - Key offerings
- 10.10 Rain Crow Ranch
- Exhibit 69: Rain Crow Ranch - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Rain Crow Ranch - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Rain Crow Ranch - Key offerings
- 10.11 Sysco Corp.
- Exhibit 72: Sysco Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Sysco Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Sysco Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Sysco Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Verde Farms
- Exhibit 76: Verde Farms - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Verde Farms - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: Verde Farms - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 79: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 80: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 81: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 82: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 83: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- new product launches influencing grass-fed beef consumption
- Introduction of new packaging
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts