Grease Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR46456
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The grease market share is expected to increase by 186.66 thousand tons from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will decelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%.
This grease market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers grease market segmentations by end-user (automotive, construction and off-highway, steel, general manufacturing, and others) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The grease market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AB SKF, BP Plc, Chevron Corp., China Petrochemical Corp., DuPont de Nemours Inc., ENEOS Holdings Inc., Exxon Mobil Corp., FUCHS PETROLUB SE, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, and TotalEnergies SE among others.
What will the Grease Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Grease Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Grease Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing shipbuilding business is notably driving the grease market growth, although factors such as volatile crude oil prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the grease industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Grease Market Driver
The growing shipbuilding business is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global grease market. The marine industry is one of the key end-users of the global grease market. In the marine industry, the shipbuilding business consumes the greatest volume of grease. Until 2010, the shipbuilding business was growing at a slow pace, which picked up later on as the market exhibited rapid growth due to the inflow of global foreign direct investment (FDI), seaborne trade, and expansion of businesses of multinational companies. A high increase in the production of ships and growing repair and maintenance activities of old ships and boats will act as a driving factor for the growth of the global grease market. Moreover, the demand for grease is increasing in vessels that operate in harsh weather conditions. The shipbuilding business is experiencing a high demand for grease from South Korea, China, and Japan. Another prominent hub for shipbuilding, Singapore, is also contributing remarkably to the total grease demand in APAC. Also, the emergence of new shipping hubs in Vietnam, the Philippines, and India will drive the growth of the shipbuilding business over the forecast period.
Key Grease Market Trend
The rising popularity of bio-based grease will fuel the global grease market growth. Bio-based grease products have emerged as a reliable alternative to petroleum-based grease products. Bio-based grease is produced from renewable feedstocks such as plant-based oil and sugar through fermentation, ultrafiltration, and crystallization techniques. Eco-friendly grease produced through the fermentation process uses a sucrose solution as the feedstock. The sucrose is hydrolyzed into fructose and glucose, which are compounds consumed during fermentation. Moreover, the use of eco-friendly grease helps in reducing VOCs and the toxicity of gases from nearby industries and maintains the ecological balance in the environment. The strong preference for the development of bio-based greases in developed economies such as Canada, the US, and Germany, is attributable to their eco-friendly properties. Green and sustainable greases and other energy-saving resin systems are increasingly becoming popular in developing countries such as China and India, along with other developed nations like Japan. The growing adoption of bio-based grease is trending in the market due to its eco-friendly characteristics.
Key Grease Market Challenge
The volatile crude oil prices are a major challenge for the global grease market growth. Crude oil prices have been fluctuating for the past many years and are likely to be volatile during the forecast period as well. Crude oil prices are affected by currency fluctuations. The price of crude oil is measured in US dollars. Thus, with every rise or decline in the price of crude oil, changes in currencies against the US dollar are also measured to calculate the final cumulative price. For instance, in April 2020, the price of Brent crude oil reached around $16 per barrel, the lowest since 1999, and was above $40 per barrel at the end of July 2020. Such volatility in raw material prices impacts the prices of grease as well. Moreover, the fluctuations in crude oil prices affect the price of grease as these polymers are directly mixed into the base oil. If the price of base oil increases, the price of grease will also rise and can negatively affect consumption. Therefore, the fluctuations in oil prices may hamper the growth of the global grease market during the forecast period.
This grease market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global grease market as a part of the global specialty chemicals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the grease market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Grease Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- AB SKF
- BP Plc
- Chevron Corp.
- China Petrochemical Corp.
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- ENEOS Holdings Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corp.
- FUCHS PETROLUB SE
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- TotalEnergies SE
This statistical study of the grease market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The grease market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- AB SKF -The company offers grease products such as LGTE 2, LGHQ 2, and LMCG 1.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The grease market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Grease Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the grease market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global specialty chemicals market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Grease Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
64% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, and India are the key markets for the grease market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The growing shipbuilding business will facilitate the grease market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 is expected to hinder the growth of the regional grease market during the forecast period. Moreover, the imposition of lockdown has further halted the movement of a majority of automobiles, which is a considerable share of the regional grease market. Owing to the lockdowns and stringent social distancing norms, production activities at numerous manufacturing industries in APAC were halted. However, rising economic activities and mass vaccination drives will further drive the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Grease Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The grease market share growth by the Automotive segment will be significant during the forecast period. In 2020, the automotive segment emerged as the most dominant segment of the global grease market and accounted for a revenue share of 29.09%. Grease finds application in the following sub-segments as Commercial Vehicle, Passenger vehicle, and Aerospace.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the grease market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Grease Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Decelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%
Market growth 2021-2025
186.66 th tons
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 64%
Key consumer countries
China, US, India, Germany, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
AB SKF, BP Plc, Chevron Corp., China Petrochemical Corp., DuPont de Nemours Inc., ENEOS Holdings Inc., Exxon Mobil Corp., FUCHS PETROLUB SE, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, and TotalEnergies SE
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Grease Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive grease market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the grease market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the grease industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of grease market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Specialty chemicals
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 18: Automotive - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Construction and off-highway - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Construction and off-highway - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 20: Construction and off-highway - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Steel - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Steel - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 22: Steel - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 General manufacturing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: General manufacturing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 24: General manufacturing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 34: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 36: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 40: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography (thousand tons)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 44: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 45: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 AB SKF
- Exhibit 49: AB SKF - Overview
- Exhibit 50: AB SKF - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: AB SKF – Key news
- Exhibit 52: AB SKF - Key offerings
- Exhibit 53: AB SKF - Segment focus
- 10.4 BP Plc
- Exhibit 54: BP Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 55: BP Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: BP Plc– Key news
- Exhibit 57: BP Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: BP Plc - Segment focus
- 10.5 Chevron Corp.
- Exhibit 59: Chevron Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Chevron Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Chevron Corp.– Key news
- Exhibit 62: Chevron Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Chevron Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 China Petrochemical Corp.
- Exhibit 64: China Petrochemical Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: China Petrochemical Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: China Petrochemical Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: China Petrochemical Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Exhibit 68: DuPont de Nemours Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: DuPont de Nemours Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: DuPont de Nemours Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 71: DuPont de Nemours Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: DuPont de Nemours Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 ENEOS Holdings Inc.
- Exhibit 73: ENEOS Holdings Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: ENEOS Holdings Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: ENEOS Holdings Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 76: ENEOS Holdings Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: ENEOS Holdings Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Exxon Mobil Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Exxon Mobil Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Exxon Mobil Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Exxon Mobil Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 FUCHS PETROLUB SE
- Exhibit 82: FUCHS PETROLUB SE - Overview
- Exhibit 83: FUCHS PETROLUB SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: FUCHS PETROLUB SE – Key news
- Exhibit 85: FUCHS PETROLUB SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: FUCHS PETROLUB SE - Segment focus
- 10.11 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Exhibit 87: Royal Dutch Shell Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Royal Dutch Shell Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Royal Dutch Shell Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 90: Royal Dutch Shell Plc - Segment focus
- 10.12 TotalEnergies SE
- Exhibit 91: TotalEnergies SE - Overview
- Exhibit 92: TotalEnergies SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 93: TotalEnergies SE – Key news
- Exhibit 94: TotalEnergies SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 95: TotalEnergies SE - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 96: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 97: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 98: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 99: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 100: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing shipbuilding business
- Rising popularity of bio-based grease
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts