Higher Education Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2020-2024
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41079
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The higher education market share is expected to increase by USD 37.82 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 12.43%.
This higher education market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers higher education market segmentations by product (hardware and software) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The higher education market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Adobe Inc., Apple Inc., Blackboard Inc., Dell Inc., D2L Corp., Discovery Inc., Ellucian Co. LP, Instructure Inc., Pearson plc, and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Higher Education Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Higher Education Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Higher Education Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The advent of changes in educational content delivery methods is notably driving the higher education market growth, although factors such as rise in the cost of higher education may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the higher education industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Higher Education Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the higher education market growth is the advent of changes in educational content delivery methods. There has been the utilization of various established technologies, including hybrid or collaborative learning platforms, for higher education globally. The increase in the investment by colleges and universities in hardware and software has led to the implementation of new technologies for education. There is an emergence of new forms of content delivery methods that involve new technologies such as gamification-supported flipped classrooms and active learning. These new methods can help enhance student engagement and make the learning process student-centric. There has been a growing interest in the area of gamification for educational purposes. The gamification-supported flipped classroom is becoming increasingly popular among universities globally. In flipped classrooms, students can watch videos and online lectures outside the classroom. This helps in remodeling lengthy lecture sessions into active learning, thereby utilizing the valuable class time of students to solve problems and apply concepts. These factors are likely to stimulate the growth of the global higher education market during the forecast period.
Key Higher Education Market Trend
Another key factor driving higher education market growth is emergence of transitional education. There is an emergence of new models of higher education partnerships such as transitional education (TNE). TNE refers to the education delivered in a country other than the country in which the awarding institution is based. TNE is conducted using different modes such as twinning programs, distance education, articulation programs, franchising arrangements, and branch campuses. The rise in the demand among students for gaining a foreign qualification without moving from their country of residence is helping the growth of TNE. TNE is helpful for employers and governments looking at options for human resource development with a geographically dispersed workforce. The future market opportunities for TNE are driven by factors such as the total number of tertiary enrollments and student mobility rates. TNE programs are being conducted widely in various universities across countries such as the UK, Australia, France, Germany, and Italy. The growth of TNE across the globe is likely to stimulate the growth of the global higher education market.
Key Higher Education Market Challenge
Rise in the cost of higher education is one of the key challenges hindering the higher education market growth. The rise in the cost of higher education is starting to turn off potential customers such as students. The cost of higher education is very high in private colleges compared with government colleges. The rise in the cost is not balanced against the value and benefits of the college degree. For instance, the average tuition fee in private, nonprofit, four-year colleges has increased significantly in the last few years. This has led to a reduction in the total number of college enrollments. The diminishing field of well-paying job opportunities is also making the students reluctant to study in colleges by paying high fees. Many of the graduates across the world are unemployed and are facing massive student loan debt. The rise in student loans and the nearly static wage growth are making young adults drown in student debt. Thus, enrollment rates for higher education are severely dropping among low-income students. In the coming years, if the cost of higher education is continuing to outpace the ability of middle- and working-class families to pay, the adoption of higher education will decrease.
This higher education market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global higher education market as a part of the global education services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the higher education market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Higher Education Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Adobe Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Blackboard Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- D2L Corp.
- Discovery Inc.
- Ellucian Co. LP
- Instructure Inc.
- Pearson plc
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the higher education market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The higher education market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Adobe Inc. - The company offers creative products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Lightroom CC, InDesign, Adobe XD, and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The higher education market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Higher Education Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the higher education market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Higher Education Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
38% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for higher education in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in MEA regions.
The growing need for effective and quality education in the developed economies will facilitate the higher education market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Higher Education Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The higher education market share growth by the hardware will be significant during the forecast period. The higher education hardware segment includes educational, personal computers (PCs), interactive displays, classroom wearables, sound systems, projectors, and lecture capture solutions. There is immense growth in the adoption of educational PCs such as desktops and laptops, owing to the high percentage of the student population in the higher education sector.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the higher education market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Higher Education Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 12.43%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 37.82 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 38%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, China, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Adobe Inc., Apple Inc., Blackboard Inc., Dell Inc., D2L Corp., Discovery Inc., Ellucian Co. LP, Instructure Inc., Pearson plc, and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Higher Education Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive higher education market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the higher education market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the higher education industry across North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of higher education market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Education services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Software - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Software - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Hardware - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Adobe Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Adobe Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Adobe Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Adobe Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Adobe Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Adobe Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Advance
- Exhibit 48: Advance - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Advance - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: ?Advance - Key news
- Exhibit 51: Advance - Key offerings
- 10.5 Apple Inc.
- Exhibit 52: Apple Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Apple Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: ?Apple Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 55: Apple Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Apple Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Blackboard Inc.
- Exhibit 57: Blackboard Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Blackboard Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Blackboard Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 60: Blackboard Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 D2L Corp.
- Exhibit 61: D2L Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: D2L Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: ?D2L Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 64: D2L Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Dell Technologies Inc.
- 10.9 Ellucian Co. LP
- Exhibit 70: Ellucian Co. LP - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Ellucian Co. LP - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: Ellucian Co. LP - Key offerings
- 10.10 Instructure Inc.
- Exhibit 73: Instructure Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Instructure Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Instructure Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Instructure Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Pearson Plc
- Exhibit 77: Pearson Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Pearson Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Pearson Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Pearson Plc - Segment focus
- 10.12 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 81: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 84: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- advent of changes in educational content delivery methods
- emergence of transitional education
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts