Holographic Display Market by Technology, Application, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 140
- SKU: IRTNTR40446
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The holographic display market share is expected to increase by USD 2.16 bn from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.17%.
This holographic display market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers holographic display market segmentations by technology (touchable, semi-transparent, and laser), application (commercial and government), and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, MEA). The holographic display market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Eon Reality Inc., Geola Digital uab, HoloTech Switzerland AG, Holoxica Ltd., Leia Inc., Lyncee Tec SA, Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA, RealView Imaging Ltd., vision optics GmbH, and zSpace Inc. among others.
What will the Holographic Display Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Holographic Display Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Holographic Display Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increase in the use of holographic displays for advertising is notably driving the holographic display market growth, although factors such as limitations associated with holographic display technology may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the holographic display industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Holographic Display Market Driver
An increase in the use of holographic displays for advertising is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global holographic display market. Holographic displays go beyond traditional advertising and help retailers increase sales, intensify retention, and captivate consumers. The 3D projections and illusions with high clarity (high-definition displays) are brought together to offer an all-new experience to the consumers. The illusion/projection can be in the form of a person or product, which moves and interacts with the audience. As a result, this technology is being increasingly used for live presentations, live stage performances, and teleconferences. Moreover, the 3D digital holographic displays do not require 3D glasses to witness the output. Since consumers always look for something new, holographic displays are considered to be the next big thing in the advertising industry as they allow the audience to connect with the brand in a unique way. However, in the future, with the standardization of the technology, a large number of retailers will deploy digital holography displays, which will contribute to the growth of the global holographic display market during the forecast period.
Key Holographic Display Market Trend
The growing impact on the retail sector will fuel the global holographic display market growth. As retailers (brick-and-mortar stores) are trying hard to get the attention of consumers and retain them, the demand for digital holography is on the rise in the retail sector. Moreover, numerous companies are focusing on adopting holographic and AR technologies to engage consumers in more interactive ways. Digital holograms have been expensive for large-scale applications. PM Screen, an innovative multimedia company, is taking the retail sector to the next level by designing a story level that visually displays the top features of any product, followed by sound effects that engage and attract customers. However, retailers are facing stiff competition from e-commerce sites. However, the e-retailing market is in its growth phase and, thus, has huge growth potential, which is a challenge to the holographic display vendors. The contribution of e-commerce sales to global retail sales is expected to rise from 10% in 2018 to around 18% by 2022, thereby reducing the share of brick-and-mortar store sales. However, in the future, digital holographic technology will be suitable for both brick-and-mortar and online stores.
Key Holographic Display Market Challenge
The limitations associated with holographic display technology are a major challenge for global holographic display market growth. Although digital holography technology has its own advantages, there are certain limitations that are limiting the adoption of holographic displays on a global scale. In the display under sunlight, the display will not be so prominent or visible under direct sunlight, thus making it difficult to create a significant impact on the audience. Moreover, the bandwidth of digital holograms is restricted by the limits of the human visual system. As a result, while designing holographic displays, vendors should examine and focus on parameters such as noise and distortion and introduce acceptable noise levels and noise reduction methods. In addition, the vendors should also check the practicality and feasibility of spherical- and cylindrical-shaped holographic displays. Digital holography projections do not require 3D smart glasses, and they work based on autostereoscopic technology. However, autostereoscopic technology is expensive and cannot be integrated with large-sized displays. The technology also has technical limitations pertaining to the viewing angle. These limitations can hinder the growth of the global holographic display market during the forecast period.
This holographic display market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global holographic display market as a part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market within the overall electronics market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the holographic display market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Holographic Display Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Eon Reality Inc.
- Geola Digital uab
- HoloTech Switzerland AG
- Holoxica Ltd.
- Leia Inc.
- Lyncee Tec SA
- Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA
- RealView Imaging Ltd.
- vision optics GmbH
- zSpace Inc.
This statistical study of the holographic display market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The holographic display market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Eon Reality Inc.- The company offers holographic display namely Eon-XR.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The holographic display market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Holographic Display Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the holographic display market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global electronic equipment and instruments market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Holographic Display Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for the holographic display market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The increase in the use of holographic displays for advertising will facilitate the holographic display market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic was severely affected. As a result, different governments in the region, such as China, India, and Japan, have imposed periodic lockdowns since the first quarter of 2020 to control the spread of the disease. Owing to this, transportation activities were affected, which led to disruptions in the supply chain for holographic displays in Q2 and Q3 of 2020. As lockdowns were imposed, electronic equipment manufacturing units were closed, which led to the shortage of various components such as semiconductors used in the manufacturing of holographic displays. However, with rising investments in holographic displays from the advertising and healthcare sectors in the region, the demand for holographic displays will rise during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Holographic Display Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The holographic display market share growth by the touchable segment will be significant during the forecast period. The touchable holographic display technology can detect a user's touch by sensing the movements in the air. The device then provides haptic feedback to the user by sending an ultrasonic air blast in return. The growth momentum of the touchable holographic display segment is expected to accelerate during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the holographic display market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Holographic Display Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.17%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.16 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, MEA, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, UK, China, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Eon Reality Inc., Geola Digital uab, HoloTech Switzerland AG, Holoxica Ltd., Leia Inc., Lyncee Tec SA, Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA, RealView Imaging Ltd., vision optics GmbH, and zSpace Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Holographic Display Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive holographic display market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the holographic display market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the holographic display industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, MEA, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of holographic display market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electronic Equipment and Instruments
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Commercial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Government - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Application
6 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 22: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 23: Comparison by Technology
- 6.3 Touchable - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Touchable - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 25: Touchable - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Semi-transparent - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Semi-transparent - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Semi-transparent - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Laser - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Laser - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Laser - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.6 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by Technology
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 31: Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 32: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 33: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 43: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 44: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 45: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 46: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 47: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 48: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 49: Industry risks
- 10.3 Competitive scenario
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 50: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 51: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Eon Reality Inc.
- Exhibit 52: Eon Reality Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Eon Reality Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Eon Reality Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.4 Geola Digital uab
- Exhibit 55: Geola Digital uab - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Geola Digital uab - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Geola Digital uab - Key offerings
- 11.5 HoloTech Switzerland AG
- Exhibit 58: HoloTech Switzerland AG - Overview
- Exhibit 59: HoloTech Switzerland AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: HoloTech Switzerland AG - Key offerings
- 11.6 Holoxica Ltd.
- Exhibit 61: Holoxica Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Holoxica Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: Holoxica Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Leia Inc.
- Exhibit 64: Leia Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Leia Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66:Leia Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 67: Leia Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.8 Lyncee Tec SA
- Exhibit 68: Lyncee Tec SA - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Lyncee Tec SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: Lyncee Tec SA - Key offerings
- 11.9 Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA
- Exhibit 71: Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 73:Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA - Key news
- Exhibit 74: Ovizio Imaging Systems NV/SA - Key offerings
- 11.10 RealView Imaging Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: RealView Imaging Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: RealView Imaging Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: RealView Imaging Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.11 vision optics GmbH
- Exhibit 78: vision optics GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 79: vision optics GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 80: vision optics GmbH - Key offerings
- 11.12 zSpace Inc.
- Exhibit 81: zSpace Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: zSpace Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 83:zSpace Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 84: zSpace Inc. - Key offerings
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increase in the use of holographic displays for advertising
- Growing impact on the retail sector
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts