Hydrogen Compressor Market by Technology, End-user, Type, Power Range, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Nov 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44071
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The hydrogen compressor market share is expected to increase by USD 841.18 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.36%.
This hydrogen compressor market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers hydrogen compressor market segmentation by technology (multistage and single-stage), end-user (oil and gas, chemicals, and others), and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America). The hydrogen compressor market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Ariel Corp., Atlas Copco AB, Colfax Corp., Hitachi Ltd., Hydro-Pac Inc., IDEX Corp., J.P. Sauer and Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH, Mitsui E&S Holdings Co. Ltd., Siemens AG, and Trane Technologies Plc among others.
What will the Hydrogen Compressor Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Hydrogen Compressor Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Hydrogen Compressor Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing focus on using hydrogen in refineries is notably driving the hydrogen compressor market growth, although factors such as volatility in crude oil prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the hydrogen compressor industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Hydrogen Compressor Market Driver
Growing focus on using hydrogen in refineries is a major driver fueling the hydrogen compressor market growth. The demand for hydrogen from the refining industry is growing due to the rising global demand for distillate fuel oil and the strict regulations related to sulfur content. The increasing adoption of hydrogen in refining processes has increased the demand for hydrogen compressors. For instance, the REFHYNE project is one of the flagship projects that promote the use of clean hydrogen in refineries. The hydrogen produced will be used for other applications as well, such as testing the PEM hydrogen electrolysis technology. It will also be used to explore the feasibility of hydrogen in applications such as power generation, transport, heating, and industrial processes. Hence, the demand for hydrogen compressors is expected to increase, owing to the rising demand for hydrogen from the refining industry and the increasing focus on using clean hydrogen.
Key Hydrogen Compressor Market Trend
The rising applications in the power industry are a major trend influencing the hydrogen compressor market growth. In developing countries, distributed energy generation is used to increase the electrification rate. Customers are seeking for increased reliability and resiliency due to various instances of natural calamities disrupting the continuous flow of power.The advantages of the self-generation of prime power include the following:Elimination of grid dependencyEnergy cost savings due to improved efficiencyGreater control over power generation resourcesAmong the various technologies, renewable-based hybrid systems, energy storage systems, and diesel generators have been the most common technologies used for distributed energy generation. However, hydrogen fuel cells offer greater advantages when compared to these technologies, which are as follows:They are ideal for continuous prime power as they make less noise during operations compared with diesel generators.They are not affected by weather conditions; hence, power generation is not intermittent in nature.They have a higher energy density; thus, they occupy smaller space.They have no moving parts; hence, they require less maintenance.Owing to the advantages of hydrogen fuel cells, many government organizations are supporting the research of hydrogen fuel cell technologies through funding.
Key Hydrogen Compressor Market Challenge
The volatility in crude oil prices will be a major challenge for the hydrogen compressor market during the forecast period. Fluctuations in global crude oil prices have a direct impact on the profitability and performance of oil and gas E&P companies. Low crude oil prices compel these companies to cancel or postpone oil and gas E&P projects. In the US, the surplus production of shale oil led to a reduction in crude oil imports and an increase in global crude oil supply. As unexpected price fluctuations affect the market, the recent frequent variations in crude oil prices have severely affected the petroleum industry. Since the oil and gas industry is the major contributor to the global hydrogen compressor market, uncertainties in crude oil prices negatively affect the investments in the oil and gas industry and reduce the sales of hydrogen compressors.
This hydrogen compressor market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global hydrogen compressor market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the hydrogen compressor market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Hydrogen Compressor Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Ariel Corp.
- Atlas Copco AB
- Colfax Corp.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Hydro-Pac Inc.
- IDEX Corp.
- J.P. Sauer and Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH
- Mitsui E&S Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Trane Technologies Plc
This statistical study of the hydrogen compressor market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The hydrogen compressor market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as forming strategic partnerships to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The hydrogen compressor market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Hydrogen Compressor Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the hydrogen compressor market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global industrial machinery market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Hydrogen Compressor Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
44% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for hydrogen compressors in APAC. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The increase in the number of offshore and onshore oil and gas activities will facilitate the hydrogen compressor market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Hydrogen Compressor Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The hydrogen compressor market share growth by the multistage segment will be significant during the forecast period. Multistage oil-based compressors are widely adopted in various end-user segments due to the high level of compression requirements in different production environments.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the hydrogen compressor market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Hydrogen Compressor Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.36%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 841.18 million
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 44%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Germany, India, France, and Brazil
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Ariel Corp., Atlas Copco AB, Colfax Corp., Hitachi Ltd., Hydro-Pac Inc., IDEX Corp., J.P. Sauer and Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH, Mitsui E&S Holdings Co. Ltd., Siemens AG, and Trane Technologies Plc
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Hydrogen Compressor Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive hydrogen compressor market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the hydrogen compressor market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the hydrogen compressor industry across APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, South America, APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of hydrogen compressor market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Industrial machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 Multistage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Multistage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Multistage - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Single-stage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Single-stage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Single-stage - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 22: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 23: Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 Oil and gas - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Oil and gas - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 25: Oil and gas - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Chemicals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Chemicals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Chemicals - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.6 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by End-user
7 Market Segmentation by Type
- 7.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 31: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 32: Comparison by Type
- 7.3 Oil-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Oil-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: Oil-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Oil-free - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: Oil-free - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: Oil-free - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 37: Market opportunity by Type
8 Market Segmentation by Power range
- 8.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 38: Power range - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Comparison by Power range
- Exhibit 39: Comparison by Power range
- 8.3 Below 100 hp - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: Below 100 hp - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: Below 100 hp - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 42: 101 hp - 200 hp - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 43: 101 hp - 200 hp - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 44: 201 hp and above - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 45: 201 hp and above - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 46: Market opportunity by Power range
- 8.4 101
- hp and above - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 89
- Market opportunity by Power range 91
- Customer landscape 92
- Geographic Landscape 94
- Geographic segmentation 95
- Geographic comparison 96
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 97
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 100
- North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 103
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 106
- South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 109
- Key leading countries 112
- Market opportunity by geography 113
- Drivers, Challenges, and Trends 115
- Market drivers 116
- Market challenges 119
- Market trends 122
- Vendor Landscape 125
- Overview 126
- Landscape disruption 127
- Vendor Analysis 129
- Vendors covered 130
- Market positioning of vendors 132
- Ariel Corp 134
- Atlas Copco AB 135
- Colfax Corp 138
- Hitachi Ltd. 140
- Hydro-Pac Inc 143
- IDEX Corp 144
- J.P. Sauer and Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH 146
- Mitsui E&S Holdings Co. Ltd 147
- Siemens AG 149
- Trane Technologies Plc 151
- Appendix 153
- Scope of the report 154
- Currency conversion rates for US$ 155
- Research methodology 157
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing focus on using hydrogen in refineries
- Rising applications in power industry
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts