In-flight Entertainment Systems Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44404
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The in-flight entertainment systems market share is expected to increase by USD 296.24 million from 2022 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 1.39%.
This in-flight entertainment systems market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers in-flight entertainment systems market segmentations by product (hardware, connectivity, and content) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America). The in-flight entertainment systems market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Burrana Pty Ltd., FDS Avionics Corp., Global Eagle Entertainment Inc., GOGO LLC, Honeywell International Inc., Inmarsat Group Ltd., Panasonic Corp., Safran SA, Thales Group, and Viasat Inc. among others.
What will the In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
In-flight Entertainment Systems Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The technological advancements and partnerships is notably driving the in-flight entertainment systems market growth, although factors such as high costs associated with networking technologies and connectivity hardware may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the in-flight entertainment systems industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Driver
Technological advancements and partnerships is major driver influencing the growth of in-flight entertainment systems market.Many aircraft companies are investing heavily in technology to differentiate themselves from competitors.VR in aircraft is heating up, with in-flight VR which provides VR headsets to its passengers on selected routes. Airlines are striving to provide an entirely new experience to passengers through VR. Continuous investments in innovations and advancements in networking and connectivity technologies have encouraged prominent players to introduce enhanced technologies to sustain competition and gain a first-mover advantage. Prominent players in the market are aiming at launching hybrid technologies and advanced Wi-Fi devices that can be deployed in aircraft, plying on mid-haul and short-haul routes, to enhance bandwidth capacity and connectivity speed. Major hardware vendors, such as Panasonic Avionics and Row 44, have formed strategic alliances to deliver international content as a part of their hardware IFEC system package alongside acquiring contracts from live television service suppliers to fulfill this purpose.
Key In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Trend
The ongoing development of IFEC and wireless-IFE is the major trend driving the growth of the in-flight entertainment systems market.IFEC service delivery is becoming a unique selling proposition where dynamic technologies and connectivity service delivery podiums empower air flight carriers to differentiate their offering either by hi-tech features conveyed to passengers or by cost. The substantial growth prospects of the in-flight entertainment systems market can be attributed to the surging prominence of wireless solutions adaptability in single and twin-aisle aircraft. Airlines operators are providing IFE to the customers as there is a high demand for live TV shows and in-flight internet connectivity, which enhances customer experience and drives the interest of satellite operators and service providers. Furthermore, technological advancements are expected to offer new opportunities for the vendors operating in the global in-flight entertainment systems market. Vendors have been focusing on offering technologies for improving the customer s in-flight experience and improving safety. Some of the major vendors of connected aircraft solutions have been focusing on offering products with advanced features. This is expected to favor the growth of the market in focus over the forecast period.
Key In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Challenge
High costs associated with networking technologies and connectivity hardware is the major hindrance to the growth of the in-flight entertainment systems market.The high cost is associated with networking technologies and connectivity hardware. Installing IFE screens aboard passenger jets is an expensive affair in terms of both the cost incurred and added expenses and added weight and excess use of fuel. Apart from high investments, the market is characterized by a long payback period, continuously changing technologies, and unstable economic conditions. Huge investments associated with the technology, stringent regulatory framework by FAA, and high installation costs may hamper the growth of the global IFE systems market. Additionally, demand for advanced digital content, along with high maintenance associated with installations, may pose a challenge to the market. The challenge faced by the market is acquiring new content. The customer value proposition is a challenge as well because the content provided has to be renewed at regular intervals. Streaming live TV and sports is also a difficult procedure due to the same reasons. Upgrades of the existing infrastructure incur high operational costs, installation time, and certification requirements, as the market is dynamic. Therefore, embedded systems have to ensure high returns on investment made in the infrastructure.
This in-flight entertainment systems market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global in-flight entertainment systems market is a part of the global aerospace and defense market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the in-flight entertainment systems market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Burrana Pty Ltd.
- FDS Avionics Corp.
- Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
- GOGO LLC
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Inmarsat Group Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Safran SA
- Thales Group
- Viasat Inc.
This statistical study of the in-flight entertainment systems market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The in-flight entertainment systems market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The in-flight entertainment systems market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the in-flight entertainment systems market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global aerospace and defense market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for In-flight Entertainment Systems Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
47% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. Australia are the key markets for market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
New commercial aircraft deliveries and investments in new airport projects will facilitate the market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the In-flight Entertainment Systems Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth by the segments hardware will be significant during the forecast period. Hardware is a crucial component that runs the connectivity and entertainment platforms, as well as acts as an interface through which a passenger can access digital communication and provides access to passengers to stream content onboard. Owing to the growing popularity of in-flight connectivity services, major aircraft manufacturers (such as Airbus, Boeing, and Bombardier) have been entering into contracts with IFEC support hardware providers to develop and supply lightweight products that consume less energy and have minimal impact on the overall weight of the aircraft. The demand for hardware has boosted the growth of the in-flight entertainment systems market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the in-flight entertainment systems market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 1.39%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 296.24 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 47%
Key consumer countries
US, France, Australia, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Burrana Pty Ltd., FDS Avionics Corp., Global Eagle Entertainment Inc., GOGO LLC, Honeywell International Inc., Inmarsat Group Ltd., Panasonic Corp., Safran SA, Thales Group, and Viasat Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this In-flight Entertainment Systems Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive in-flight entertainment systems market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the in-flight entertainment systems market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the in-flight entertainment systems industry across North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of in-flight entertainment systems market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis - Aerospace and defense
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 17: Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.3 Hardware - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: Hardware - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 19: Connectivity - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.4 Connectivity - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 20: Connectivity - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 21: Content - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.5 Content - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 22: Content - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Vendor Landscape Overview
- 9.3 Recovery phase
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- 9.4 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 45: Burrana Pty Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Burrana Pty Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 47: Burrana Pty Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.3 Burrana Pty Ltd.
- Exhibit 48: FDS Avionics Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: FDS Avionics Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: FDS Avionics Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.4 FDS Avionics Corp.
- Exhibit 51: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. - Business segments
- 10.5 Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
- Exhibit 53: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 54: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 56: GOGO LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 57: GOGO LLC - Business segments
- 10.6 GOGO LLC
- Exhibit 58: GOGO LLC – Key news
- Exhibit 59: GOGO LLC - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: GOGO LLC - Segment focus
- Exhibit 61: Honeywell International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Honeywell International Inc. - Business segments
- 10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Honeywell International Inc.– Key news
- Exhibit 64: Honeywell International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Honeywell International Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 66: Inmarsat Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Inmarsat Group Ltd. - Business segments
- 10.8 Inmarsat Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: Inmarsat Group Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 69: Inmarsat Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: Inmarsat Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 71: Panasonic Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Panasonic Corp. - Business segments
- 10.9 Panasonic Corp.
- Exhibit 73: Panasonic Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 74: Panasonic Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Panasonic Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 76: Safran SA - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Safran SA - Business segments
- 10.10 Safran SA
- Exhibit 78: Safran SA – Key news
- Exhibit 79: Safran SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Safran SA - Segment focus
- Exhibit 81: Thales Group - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Thales Group - Business segments
- 10.11 Thales Group
- Exhibit 83: Thales Group – Key news
- Exhibit 84: Thales Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Thales Group - Segment focus
- Exhibit 86: Viasat Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Viasat Inc. - Business segments
- 10.12 Viasat Inc.
- Exhibit 88: Viasat Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 89: Viasat Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 93: Information sources
- Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- technological advancements and partnerships
- ongoing development of IFEC and wireless-IFE
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.