Invisible Orthodontics Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43626
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The invisible orthodontics market share is expected to increase by USD 2.17 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 10.48%.
This invisible orthodontics market research report provides valuable insights into the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers invisible orthodontics market segmentation by product (clear aligners, ceramic braces, and lingual braces) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The invisible orthodontics market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., Align Technology Inc., ASO International Inc., DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., Henry Schein Inc., Sino Ortho Ltd., SmileDirectClub Inc., Straumann Holding AG, and TP Orthodontics Inc. among others.
What will the Invisible Orthodontics Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Invisible Orthodontics Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Invisible Orthodontics Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increase in the target population requiring invisible orthodontics is notably driving the invisible orthodontics market growth, although factors such as the high cost of invisible orthodontics may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the invisible orthodontics industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Invisible Orthodontics Market Driver
The increase in the target population requiring invisible orthodontics is a major factor driving the global invisible orthodontics market share growth. The growing awareness about malocclusion and the availability of orthodontic treatment will drive the market growth of invisible orthodontics. On average, 50%-75% of the population in major developed countries have irregular teeth and require correction using orthodontics. In the US alone, only 35% of adults have well-aligned mandibular incisors. In almost 15% of the adult population, teeth irregularity is severe and requires expansion or extraction of some teeth for correction. The availability of a broad range of invisible braces has led to an increase in orthodontic treatments among adults and adolescents. Earlier, visibility of metal brackets and longer treatment duration were considered two major setbacks for the non-acceptance of braces among people. Nowadays, with the availability of a broad range of invisible orthodontics, the acceptance of ceramic braces, clear aligners, and lingual braces is increasing globally. Owing to the high prevalence and growing acceptance, vendors are offering a broad portfolio of invisible orthodontics and witnessing significant growth.
Key Invisible Orthodontics Market Trend
The increase in the adoption of CAD/CAM technology is another factor supporting the global invisible orthodontics market share growth. The main advantage of CAD/CAM technology is the overall shortened treatment time and less invasiveness. This technology allows the customized design of invisible braces according to the patient s oral anatomy and supports the correct placement of braces. Based on 3D imaging (computed tomography), the jaw and bone anatomy of patients are analyzed/evaluated, and malocclusion models of the teeth are recorded with the digital impression of different sizes. For instance, Dentsply Sirona's CEREC system paved the way for digital orthodontics. It's CEREC Omnicam and CEREC Ortho software 1.2 offer digital solutions for the creation of impressions. Advances in digital dentistry, especially the CAD/CAM technology, have enabled the emergence of new systems based on an ideal digital setup that gives high accuracy in brackets positioning by eliminating laboratory steps, and then customized orthodontics are created and implanted. Therefore, the advantages of CAD/CAM technology, such as pain-free virtual evaluation and analysis of invisible orthodontics before inserting them into patients, will lead to an increase in adoption rates, thereby contributing to the market growth in the coming years.
Key Invisible Orthodontics Market Challenge
The high cost of invisible orthodontics will be a major challenge for the global invisible orthodontics market share growth during the forecast period. The cost of invisible orthodontics is significantly high when compared with the traditional methods. The cost of the procedure includes dentists' fees, type of orthodontics and therapy, number of brackets, type of invisible orthodontics required, and the percentage of insurance coverage. Among the invisible orthodontics, clear aligners are one of the most expensive orthodontic procedures. The cost of an invisible aligner is dependent on various factors such as the treatment, expertise of the dentist, customization, material used, the technology used in milling braces (ceramic brackets and lingual brackets), and also the location of the dentist. Clear aligners are almost invisible and are more expensive than traditional braces, as they can be worn and removed easily while eating and drinking. The cost includes only the procedural cost and does not include frequent check-ups that may vary for every individual as per the treatment. Essentially, the high cost of invisible orthodontics is likely to hinder the growth prospects of the global invisible orthodontics market.
This invisible orthodontics market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global invisible orthodontics market as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the invisible orthodontics market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Invisible Orthodontics Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- Align Technology Inc.
- ASO International Inc.
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- Envista Holdings Corp.
- Henry Schein Inc.
- Sino Ortho Ltd.
- SmileDirectClub Inc.
- Straumann Holding AG
- TP Orthodontics Inc.
This statistical study of the invisible orthodontics market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The invisible orthodontics market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3M Co.- The company offers orthodontics through various types of braces, such as clear aligners, clear braces, and more.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The invisible orthodontics market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Invisible Orthodontics Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the invisible orthodontics market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Invisible Orthodontics Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
56% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for the invisible orthodontics market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe.
The growing shift from product-driven to patient-driven orthodontic treatment will facilitate the invisible orthodontics market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Invisible Orthodontics Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The invisible orthodontics market share growth in the clear aligners segment will be significant during the forecast period. The market for clear aligners is growing due to the rise in adult orthodontic treatment and the increase in the teen treatment category in new geographies and emerging markets. In addition, the adoption of these devices is increasing, as they are completely invisible when the patient smiles or speaks. These aligners avoid the need for large removable appliances and fixed orthodontic appliances. To meet the growing demand, the companies are focusing on partnerships and expanding their product range.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the invisible orthodontics market size and actionable market insights on post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Invisible Orthodontics Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 10.48%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.17 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 56%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, Germany, UK, France, China, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., Align Technology Inc., ASO International Inc. , DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., Henry Schein Inc., Sino Ortho Ltd., SmileDirectClub Inc., Straumann Holding AG, and TP Orthodontics Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Invisible Orthodontics Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive invisible orthodontics market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the invisible orthodontics market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the invisible orthodontics industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of invisible orthodontics market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Clear aligners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Clear aligners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Clear aligners - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Ceramic braces - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Ceramic braces - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Ceramic braces - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Lingual braces - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Lingual braces - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Lingual braces - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 43: 3M Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: 3M Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: 3M Co. - Key News
- Exhibit 46: 3M Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: 3M Co. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 48: Align Technology Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Align Technology Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Align Technology Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Align Technology Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 52: ASO International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: ASO International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: ASO International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. - Business segments
- 10.3 3M
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increase in target population requiring invisible orthodontics
- Increase in adoption of CAD/CAM technology
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts