Land Mobile Radio Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR70343
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The land mobile radio market share is expected to increase by USD 7.38 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 9.39%.
This land mobile radio market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers land mobile radio market segmentations by technology (dmr, project 25, tetra, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The land mobile radio market report also offers information on several market vendors, including BK Technologies, Codan Communications, Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH, JVCKENWOOD Corp., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Scottish Communications Group, Sepura Ltd., Thales Group, and TTG Global Ltd. among others.
What will the Land Mobile Radio Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Land Mobile Radio Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Land Mobile Radio Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growing significance of efficient critical communication operations is notably driving the land mobile radio market growth, although factors such as limitations of lmr technology may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the land mobile radio industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Land Mobile Radio Market Driver
The growing significance of efficient critical communication operations is notably driving the land mobile radio market growth. Effective communication is crucial for public safety responders who are required to stay connected with each other at the control center and obtain situational awareness in real-time when they are responding to emergencies. For instance, TETRA, the largest LMR standard, has good spectrum efficiency and is accessible on a harmonized spectrum. It functions on a direct mode and site trunking, and its acceptance is growing in current and potential market segments, including commercial and public safety applications. Thus, due to growing security threats and the demand for better efficiency and better information sharing, the growth of effective public safety communication networks has become the highest priority for organizations, which is propelling the growth of the global market for LMR technology.
Key Land Mobile Radio Market Trend
The up-gradation of LMRs from analog to digital is the key market trend driving the land mobile radio market growth. Owing to advantages like clarity in voice transmission, the ability to recognize background noise and not transmit it, the users of LMRs are shifting to digital radios, as they are beneficial in terms of economy and efficiency. Some vendors provide LMRs that have both analog and digital capabilities to increase the sales of their products. For instance, in November 2019, JVCKENWOOD Corp. launched the NX-1000 series of professional two-way radios. They can be integrated with legacy analog radios and systems. Similarly, in August 2020, Motorola Solutions Inc. launched the MOTOTRBO DP540 two-way radio. Through the launch of the product, the company targeted cost-conscious businesses that were looking to transition to digital technology for communications in Sub-Saharan Africa. Hence, the rising demand for digital LMRs is expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key Land Mobile Radio Market Challenge
The major challenge impeding the land mobile radio market growth is the limitations of lmr technology. LMR technology offers wireless, two-way voice communications, which are commonly used by police, fire, and ambulance services. Although the technology is universal and developed, it suffers from shortcomings such as limited bandwidth and only compatibility with voice and some data applications such as automatic vehicle location. The limited availability of the radio frequency spectrum hinders existing users from expanding their systems and potential users from establishing new systems. Owing to these drawbacks, the price of LMR technology is going down significantly. As analog radios are still dependent on LMR technology, these disadvantages are expected to hinder the growth of the market and result in reduced shipments and sales, particularly for analog radios.
This land mobile radio market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global land mobile radio market as a part of the global broadcasting market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the land mobile radio market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Land Mobile Radio Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- BK Technologies
- Codan Communications
- Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH
- JVCKENWOOD Corp.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Scottish Communications Group
- Sepura Ltd.
- Thales Group
- TTG Global Ltd.
This statistical study of the land mobile radio market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The land mobile radio market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Sepura Ltd. - The company offers a wide range of land mobile radio products that are called as Hand-Portable Terminals such as SC21, SC20, STP1000, STP9000, STP9200 and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The land mobile radio market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Land Mobile Radio Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the land mobile radio market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Land Mobile Radio Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for land mobile radio market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the European markets.
The increasing adoption of LMR technologies for public safety applications, such as firefighting, law enforcement, and military will facilitate the land mobile radio market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The land mobile radio market in North America grew sluggishly in 2020, owing to the outbreak of COVID-19. The rising number of COVID-19 cases put pressure on the healthcare sector in the region. Hence, the governments of several countries redirected funds to the healthcare sector and drastically reduced their military spending. Moreover, the temporary shutdown of operations due to lockdowns impacted the business in several commercial sectors, such as construction, manufacturing, and hospitality. All these factors negatively impacted the demand for LMRs in the first half of 2020. Once the pandemic ceases to exist, the land mobile radio market will register significant growth during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Land Mobile Radio Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The land mobile radio market share growth by the DMR segment will be significant during the forecast period. Improved voice quality, functionality, channel efficiency, and security are some of the features of DMR devices that will drive the segment growth at a considerable rate during the forecast period. The main aim of DMR is to provide an affordable, low complexity digital standard to replace analog radio.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the land mobile radio market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Land Mobile Radio Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 9.39%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 7.38 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, UK, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
BK Technologies, Codan Communications, Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH, JVCKENWOOD Corp., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Scottish Communications Group, Sepura Ltd., Thales Group, and TTG Global Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Land Mobile Radio Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive land mobile radio market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the land mobile radio market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the land mobile radio industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of land mobile radio market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Broadcasting market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 DMR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: DMR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: DMR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Project 25 - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Project 25 - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Project 25 - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 TETRA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: TETRA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: TETRA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive scenario
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 BK Technologies
- Exhibit 47: BK Technologies - Overview
- Exhibit 48: BK Technologies - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: BK Technologies – Key news
- Exhibit 50: BK Technologies - Key offerings
- 10.4 Codan Communications
- Exhibit 51: Codan Communications - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Codan Communications - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: Codan Communications – Key news
- Exhibit 54: Codan Communications - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Codan Communications - Segment focus
- 10.5 Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH
- Exhibit 56: Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH - Key offerings
- 10.6 JVCKENWOOD Corp.
- Exhibit 59: JVCKENWOOD Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: JVCKENWOOD Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: JVCKENWOOD Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 62: JVCKENWOOD Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.7 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 63: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: L3Harris Technologies Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 67: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 68: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Motorola Solutions Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Scottish Communications Group
- Exhibit 73: Scottish Communications Group - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Scottish Communications Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Scottish Communications Group - Key offerings
- 10.10 Sepura Ltd.
- Exhibit 76: Sepura Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Sepura Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: Sepura Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 79: Sepura Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Thales Group
- Exhibit 80: Thales Group - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Thales Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Thales Group – Key news
- Exhibit 83: Thales Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Thales Group - Segment focus
- 10.12 TTG Global Ltd.
- Exhibit 85: TTG Global Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: TTG Global Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 87: TTG Global Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 88: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 89: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 90: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 91: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 92: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing significance of efficient critical communication operations
- Upgradation of LMRs from analog to digital
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.