Logistics Robots Market by Application and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41088
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The logistics robots market share is expected to increase by USD 6.42 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 31.24%.
This logistics robots market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers logistics robots market segmentations by application (indoor and outdoor logistics and factory logistics) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The logistics robots market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ABB Ltd., B2A Technology SAS, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., KION GROUP AG, Midea Group Co. Ltd., OMRON Corp., Teradyne Inc., Toshiba Corp., and Toyota Industries Corp. among others.
What will the Logistics Robots Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Logistics Robots Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Logistics Robots Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The good ROI offered by logistics robots is notably driving the logistics robots market growth, although factors such as the need for technical expertise may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the logistics robots industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Logistics Robots Market Driver
The good ROI offered by logistics robots is notably driving the logistics robots market growth. The forecast period is expected to see an increase in demand for logistics robots as they offer a good Return on investment (ROI) compared with systems such as forklifts that have traditionally been used in manufacturing and non-manufacturing environments. The major drivers of logistics robots when compared with forklifts and human labor include, drop in the cost of equipment, components such as sensors, and the cost of integration along with the time required for integration, adoption of advanced technologies such as machine learning logic, human-machine collaboration, and environmental analysis technologies, adoption of automation and robotics due to the rise of labor costs and stringent regulations in difficult working conditions.
Key Logistics Robots Market Trend
The growth in the e-commerce sector is the key market trend driving the logistics robots market growth. With the improvement in internet penetration and an increase in the adoption of online shopping, there has been a major boom in the e-commerce sector. The quality of packaging and timely delivery are the differentiating factors for any e-commerce player competing with brick and mortar retailers. The demand for flexibility, more stock-keeping units (SKUs), and swift returns processing are triggering the need for automation by e-commerce players that rely on thirty-party logistics providers significantly. The development of e-commerce has revealed the need for selective mass picking of goods on a near 24/7 basis. For instance, major e-commerce players, such as Amazon and eBay, are strategizing to improve customer experience and are increasingly partnering with logistics providers that have advanced warehouse and delivering operations to maintain their leadership and competitive advantage. For instance, Amazon acquired Kiva Systems, a manufacturer of robots that services warehouses for applications such as packaging and carton handling.
Key Logistics Robots Market Challenge
The major challenge impeding the logistics robots market growth is the need for technical expertise. The lack of such technical knowledge often deters end-users from adopting robots, as they consider the downtime required for maintenance tasks as considerable productivity and financial loss. Though robotic companies are trying to overcome these issues by providing 24/7 remote support and service through cloud monitoring and other enhanced services, it is not a trend among all vendors. To excel in the market, vendors will have to increasingly adopt online and offline training and consultation methods to ensure that end-users with low familiarity with technology get the required support. Lack of skilled operators and proper training has resulted in a certain disinclination to execute wide-scale robotic automation, as substantial time, training, and budget have to be allocated for successful implementation. The reluctance of end-users to learn and switch to new technologies also affects market growth. We expect the scenario to change gradually with more end-users transitioning from traditional manual operations to automated functions to improve their process efficiency.
This logistics robots market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global logistics robots market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the logistics robots market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Logistics Robots Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ABB Ltd.
- B2A Technology SAS
- Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- KION GROUP AG
- Midea Group Co. Ltd.
- OMRON Corp.
- Teradyne Inc.
- Toshiba Corp.
- Toyota Industries Corp.
This statistical study of the logistics robots market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The logistics robots market is fragmented and the vendors are adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ABB Ltd - The company offers robotic solutions for logistics which includes storage and retrieval system, dolly loading and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The logistics robots market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Logistics Robots Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the logistics robots market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Logistics Robots Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
48% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for the logistics robots in APAC.
The presence of component manufacturers offering advanced sensor technologies at low costs will facilitate the logistics robots market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 had adversely impacted several countries in APAC. Governments of several countries in APAC introduced emergency legislation that imposed lockdowns to contain the spread of COVID-19. Owing to the global outbreak of COVID-19, the region has witnessed an increase in the demand for and adoption of logistics robots in hospitals. The robot helped doctors and nurses to reduce their risks of exposure to infected patients, as many hospitals in Thailand faced a shortage of masks and protective suits in 2020. There is an increase in the use of logistics robots in the warehousing industry also as it involves less human contact and intervention. Thus, the demand for logistics robots in the region is expected to grow during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Application Segments in the Logistics Robots Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The logistics robots market share growth by the indoor and outdoor logistics segment will be significant during the forecast period. The forecast period will see the segment gain traction due to the increase in the adoption of logistics robots by end-users, such as warehouses, airports, harbors, logistics centers for parcel and mail orders, trans-shipment centers, and public buildings. With increased pressure to improve operating efficiency, reliability, and speed, third-party logistics players and warehouse owners are increasingly adopting methods that can reduce congestion on the floor while improving the safety of human workers.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the logistics robots market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Logistics Robots Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 31.24%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 6.42 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 48%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, Japan, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ABB Ltd., B2A Technology SAS, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., KION GROUP AG, Midea Group Co. Ltd., OMRON Corp., Teradyne Inc., Toshiba Corp., and Toyota Industries Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Logistics Robots Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive logistics robots market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the logistics robots market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the logistics robots industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of logistics robots market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Industrial machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Indoor and outdoor logistics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Indoor and outdoor logistics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Indoor and outdoor logistics - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Factory logistics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Factory logistics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Factory logistics - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 40: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 41: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 44: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ABB Ltd.
- Exhibit 46: ABB Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: ABB Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 48: ABB Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: ABB Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Alstef Group
- Exhibit 50: Alstef Group - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Alstef Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Alstef Group - Key offerings
- 10.5 Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Exhibit 53: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Clearpath Robotics Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 56: Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.7 KION GROUP AG
- Exhibit 60: KION GROUP AG - Overview
- Exhibit 61: KION GROUP AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: KION GROUP AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: KION GROUP AG - Segment focus
- 10.8 MIDEA GROUP
- Exhibit 64: MIDEA GROUP - Overview
- Exhibit 65: MIDEA GROUP - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: MIDEA GROUP - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: MIDEA GROUP - Segment focus
- 10.9 OMRON Corp.
- Exhibit 68: OMRON Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: OMRON Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: OMRON Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: OMRON Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Teradyne Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Teradyne Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Teradyne Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Teradyne Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Teradyne Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Toshiba Corp.
- Exhibit 76: Toshiba Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Toshiba Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: Toshiba Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Toshiba Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Toyota Industries Corp.
- Exhibit 80: Toyota Industries Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Toyota Industries Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Toyota Industries Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 83: Toyota Industries Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 84: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 85: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 86: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 87: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 88: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- good ROI offered by logistics robots
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts