Meat Substitutes Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43310
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The meat substitutes market share is expected to increase by USD 2.15 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 10.41%. This meat substitutes market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The meat substitutes market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Beyond Meat Inc., Ecozone UK Ltd., Gathered Foods Corp., Impossible Foods Inc., Maple Leaf Foods Inc., Monde Nissin Corp., The Kraft Heinz Co., The Tofurky Co. Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., and Unilever Group among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers meat substitutes market segmentation by type (soy-based, wheat-based, mycoprotein-based, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
What will the Meat Substitutes Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Meat Substitutes Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Meat Substitutes Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a POSITIVE impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The new product launches are notably driving the meat substitutes market growth, although factors such as the increasing availability of generic drugs may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the meat substitutes market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Meat Substitutes Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the antimicrobial therapeutics market is the recent drug approvals and robust pipeline. With the increase in the prevalence and incidence of microbial diseases, there is a high unmet need to develop pipeline drugs with innovative disease-modifying agents. Moreover, the major microbial diseases include malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, influenza, hepatitis, and aspergillosis. Furthermore, the ongoing R&D of new drugs and vaccines is resulting in a strong drug pipeline for the treatment of microbial diseases. For instance, F2G is a rare fungal disease company, which uses a leading molecule Olorofim for the treatment of Aspergillus. The pipeline also has several other drugs for the treatment of infectious diseases. In October 2019, the US FDA approved Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil) developed by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. the drug is indicated for the treatment of acute, uncomplicated influenza, or flu in individuals aged 12 years and above, who have been symptomatic of no more than 48 hours and who are at the high risk of developing flu-related complications. Similarly, in August 2019, the US FDA granted Xenleta (Lefamulin) approval to treat adults with community-acquired bacterial pneumonia. The expansion of the antimicrobial portfolio will drive the growth of the global antimicrobial therapeutics market during the forecast period.
Key Meat Substitutes Market Trend
An increase in the R&D of therapeutic vaccines is another factor supporting the antimicrobial therapeutics market growth in the forecast period. The increase in the prevalence of microbial diseases has driven the demand for therapeutic vaccines. The market has witnessed increased development of vaccines by top vendors of the market. For instance, Nexvax2, a vaccine developed by ImmusanT for the treatment of celiac disease, is currently in Phase II clinical trials. In January 2019, the US FDA granted Fast Track designation to Nexvax2. Currently, there is no US FDA-approved treatment for celiac disease. Therefore, the Fast Track designation will lead to the accelerated development of Nexvax2. Furthermore, Bavarian Nordic AS (Bavarian Nordic) is developing a three-vaccine regimen based on Johnson & Johnson AdVac technology (Ad26.HPV16, Ad26.HPV18) and Bavarian Nordic's MVA-BN technology (MVA.HPV16/18) to treat females with chronic infections with high-risk subtypes of the HPV. The regimen is currently in Phase I/II clinical trials. Also, there are several other vaccines, which are under development.
Key Meat Substitutes Market Challenge
The increasing availability of generic drugs will be a major challenge for the antimicrobial therapeutics market during the forecast period. Vendors are focusing on manufacturing low-cost alternative drugs due to patent expiry and loss of exclusivity of a drug, which, in turn, reduces the sales of approved drugs. The global antimicrobial therapeutics market is fully saturated with generic formulations. Moreover, the cost of generic drugs, vaccines, antibiotics, and biosimilars is less than that of branded drugs. For instance, the patent for NOXAFIL expired in January 2020. In June 2018, Posaconazole injection, a generic drug, was launched by NATCO Pharma Ltd. in India. However, the launch of generic antifungal injections had led to a decline in sales of NOXAFIL. Furthermore, Gilead is expected to launch authorized generics of Epclusa (Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir) and Harvoni (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir) for the treatment of chronic Hepatitis C with a price of $24,000; nearly 75% lesser than branded drugs.
This meat substitutes market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global antimicrobial therapeutics market as a part of the global pharmaceuticals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the meat substitutes market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Meat Substitutes Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Beyond Meat Inc.
- Ecozone UK Ltd.
- Gathered Foods Corp.
- Impossible Foods Inc.
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
- Monde Nissin Corp.
- The Kraft Heinz Co.
- The Tofurky Co. Inc.
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- Unilever Group
This statistical study of the meat substitutes market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The meat substitutes market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as price, quality, technology, brand identity, and distribution to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- AbbVie Inc. - The company offers NORVIR, it contains ritonavir and is indicated for the treatment of HIV.
- Novartis AG - The company offers Egaten, which contains triclabendazole and is indicated for the treatment of fascioliasis in patients six years of age and older.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The meat substitutes market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Meat Substitutes Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the meat substitutes market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global antimicrobial therapeutics market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturer providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Meat Substitutes Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
43% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for the meat substitutes market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
A rise in the number of microbial diseases in North American countries will facilitate the meat substitutes market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The rising incidence of viral infections such as influenza, hepatitis, COVID-19, and HIV/AIDS drive the segment. One of the major factors driving the market includes the robust pipeline of antibacterial and antiviral drugs. An increase in the usage of antibacterial and antiviral drugs leads to the development of pipeline drugs and novel therapies with new targets and mechanisms of action.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Meat Substitutes Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The meat substitutes market share growth by the soy-based segments. Furthermore, the soy-based segment will be significant during the forecast period. Soy used in meat substitutes is extracted from soya beans and has received increased attention in recent years owing to the multiple health benefits associated with it. The nutrient composition of soy protein comprises 30% carbohydrate, 38% protein, 18% fat, and 14% moisture. With more people embracing veganism and vegetarianism, the soy protein market will grow during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the meat substitutes market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Meat Substitutes Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 10.41%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.15 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 43%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, Italy, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Beyond Meat Inc., Ecozone UK Ltd., Gathered Foods Corp., Impossible Foods Inc., Maple Leaf Foods Inc., Monde Nissin Corp., The Kraft Heinz Co., The Tofurky Co. Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., and Unilever Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Meat Substitutes Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive meat substitutes market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the meat substitutes market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the meat substitutes industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of meat substitutes market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Packaged Foods and Meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.3 Soy-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Soy-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Soy-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Wheat-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Wheat-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Wheat-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Mycoprotein-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Mycoprotein-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Mycoprotein-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive Scenario
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Beyond Meat Inc.
- Exhibit 47: Beyond Meat Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Beyond Meat Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Beyond Meat Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 50: Beyond Meat Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Ecozone UK Ltd.
- Exhibit 51: Ecozone UK Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Ecozone UK Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 53: Ecozone UK Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Gathered Foods Corp.
- Exhibit 54: Gathered Foods Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Gathered Foods Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 56: Gathered Foods Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 57: Gathered Foods Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Impossible Foods Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Impossible Foods Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Impossible Foods Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Impossible Foods Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 61: Impossible Foods Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
- Exhibit 62: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 65: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 66: Maple Leaf Foods Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Monde Nissin Corp.
- Exhibit 67: Monde Nissin Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Monde Nissin Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Monde Nissin Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 The Kraft Heinz Co.
- Exhibit 70: The Kraft Heinz Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: The Kraft Heinz Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: The Kraft Heinz Co. - Key news
- Exhibit 73: The Kraft Heinz Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: The Kraft Heinz Co. - Segment focus
- 10.10 The Tofurky Co. Inc.
- Exhibit 75: The Tofurky Co. Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: The Tofurky Co. Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: The Tofurky Co. Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Tyson Foods Inc.
- Exhibit 78: Tyson Foods Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Tyson Foods Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Tyson Foods Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 81: Tyson Foods Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Tyson Foods Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Unilever Group
- Exhibit 83: Unilever Group - Overview
- Exhibit 84: Unilever Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: Unilever Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Unilever Group - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- New product launches
- Continuous R&D and product development
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.