Printers Market by Type, Technology, and Geography - Global Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 137
- SKU: IRTNTR40011
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The printers market share is expected to increase by USD 6.01 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will decelerate at a CAGR of 2.15%.
This printers market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers printers market segmentations by technology (laser, inkjet, and others), type (multifunction printers and single function printers), and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, MEA, APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA). The printers market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Brother Industries Ltd., Canon Inc., HP Inc., Konica Minolta Inc., Kyocera Corp., Lexmark International Inc., Ricoh Co. Ltd., Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corp., and Xerox Corp. among others.
What will the Printers Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Printers Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Printers Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rising demand from smes across globe is notably driving the printers market growth, although factors such as digitization in enterprises may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the printers industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Printers Market Driver
The rising demand from SMEs across the globe is a major factor driving the global printer market share growth. SMEs contribute significantly to the gross domestic product (GDP) of a country and are major employment providers in various countries, such as India, China, Germany, and the UK. Thus, SMEs play a pivotal role in the economic development of a country, especially in terms of production, employment generation, contribution to exports, and facilitating the equitable distribution of income in various countries. A printer is one of the important office devices for SMEs as it enables them to print a variety of documents, such as invoices, promotional materials, and interoffice memos. The printing requirements of SMEs are different from those of large enterprises and typical consumer printers. SMEs are mainly investing in multifunction printing devices that can fulfill their business requirements with the minimum cost.
Key Printers Market Trend
The emergence of ink tank printers is another major factor supporting the printers market share growth. Ink tank printers are gaining momentum in the market due to their high print quality, cost benefits, and high speed of printing. This printer type comes with a dedicated ink tank for each color, such as cyan, yellow, black, and magenta. The cost of an ink tank printer is higher than that of an inkjet printer. However, the running cost and the cost per print are low for ink tank printers compared with other printers. The life cycle of an ink tank printer is more because it is made up of durable materials. Customers have started adopting ink tank printers due to their advantages and printer manufacturers have launched various ink tank printer models to cater to the growing demand.
Key Printers Market Challenge
The digitization in enterprises will be a major challenge for the global printers market share growth during the forecast period. Enterprises are using online channels to advertise their products and services and to share information. Electronic versions of documents, such as e-brochures, e-catalogs, e-annual reports, and e-manuals are being used instead of printed materials. The rising number of Internet users, the increasing penetration of smartphones, and developments in communication network infrastructure are fueling the adoption of various digital channels by enterprises to promote their products and services and to share vital information. The emergence of cloud-based storage solutions, such as Dropbox and Google Drive, has also affected the growth of the global printers market.
This printers market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global printers market as part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the printers market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Printers Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Brother Industries Ltd.
- Canon Inc.
- HP Inc.
- Konica Minolta Inc.
- Kyocera Corp.
- Lexmark International Inc.
- Ricoh Co. Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- Sharp Corp.
- Xerox Corp.
This statistical study of the printers market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The printers market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Brother Industries Ltd.- As the key product, the company offers printers such as Inkjet, Lasser, Wifi and others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The printers market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Printers Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the printers market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global electronic equipment and instruments market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Printers Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
69% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for printers market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The presence of several major printer manufacturers, such as Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Epson, and Sharp and increasing IT investments by SMEs will facilitate the printers market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Printers Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The printers market share growth by the laser segment will be significant during the forecast period. Laser printing technology has many advantages over other printing technologies, such as inkjet and LED printing. Laser printers are faster compared with other printers because the laser beam can move fast and is able to print at a much greater speed. Also, the running cost of laser printers is lower than that of inkjet printers because laser printers use dry inks. These factors and the release of compact models of laser printers are driving the printers market share growth by the laser segment.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the printers market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Printers Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Decelerate at a CAGR of 2.15%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 6.01 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, MEA, APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 69%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, Japan, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Brother Industries Ltd., Canon Inc., HP Inc., Konica Minolta Inc., Kyocera Corp., Lexmark International Inc., Ricoh Co. Ltd., Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corp., and Xerox Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Printers Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive printers market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the printers market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the printers industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, MEA, APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of printers market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Electronic Equipment and Instruments Market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 Laser - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Laser - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Laser - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Inkjet - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Inkjet - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Inkjet - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Market Segmentation by Type
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 24: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 25: Comparison by Type
- 6.3 Multifunction printers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Multifunction printers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 27: Multifunction printers - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Single function printers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Single function printers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: Single function printers - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by Type
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 32: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 33: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 39: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 41: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 43: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 44: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 45: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Competitive scenario
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 47: Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 48: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 49: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 50: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 51: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Brother Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 52: Brother Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Brother Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: Brother Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Brother Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.4 Canon Inc.
- Exhibit 56: Canon Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Canon Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Canon Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Canon Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.5 HP Inc.
- Exhibit 60: HP Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: HP Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: HP Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: HP Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.6 Konica Minolta Inc.
- Exhibit 64: Konica Minolta Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Konica Minolta Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Konica Minolta Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Konica Minolta Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.7 Kyocera Corp.
- Exhibit 68: Kyocera Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Kyocera Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Kyocera Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: Kyocera Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.8 Lexmark International Inc.
- Exhibit 72: Lexmark International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Lexmark International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Lexmark International Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.9 Ricoh Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.10 Seiko Epson Corp.
- Exhibit 79: Seiko Epson Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Seiko Epson Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Seiko Epson Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Seiko Epson Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.11 Sharp Corp.
- Exhibit 83: Sharp Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: Sharp Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: Sharp Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: Sharp Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Xerox Corp.
- Exhibit 87: Xerox Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Xerox Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Xerox Corp. - Key offerings
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 93: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Rising demand from SMEs across globe
- Emergence of ink tank printer
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.