Quick Service Restaurants Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43556
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The quick service restaurants market share is expected to increase by USD 119.2 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.55%.
This quick service restaurants market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers quick service restaurants market segmentations by service (eat-in service, takeaway service, drive-thru service, and home delivery service) and geographic (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The quick service restaurants market report also offers information on several market vendors, including American Dairy Queen Corp., Chick-fil-A Inc., Doctors Associates LLC, Dominos Pizza Inc., Dunkin Brands Group Inc., Inspire Brands Inc., McDonald Corp., Starbucks Coffee Company, The Wendys Co., and YUM Brands Inc. among others.
What will the Quick Service Restaurants Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Quick Service Restaurants Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Quick Service Restaurants Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The rise in the number of quick service restaurants is notably driving the quick service restaurants market growth, although factors such as fluctuations in raw material prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the quick service restaurant industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Quick Service Restaurants Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the quick service restaurants market growth is the rise in the number of quick service restaurants majorly due to the rising demand for fast food, especially in emerging economies. This is encouraging fast food chains to expand domestically and internationally. The growing concept of socializing at cafe among urban youth is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. According to The World Bank Group, the urban population (% of the total population) across the globe grew from 53.01% in 2013 to 55.27% in 2018. The growth in the influx of people to urban areas and a substantially large, white-collared demographic have pushed up quick service restaurant data. Varied tastes and preferences for different types of premium coffee have further led to the emergence of specialty coffee shops. Hence, leading cafe chains such as Starbucks are opening their outlets in many developing economies of Asia and South America. The growth in the infrastructure like new airports and expressways in developing countries gives scope to the major coffee chains to establish their outlets. Frequent travel by road, rail, or air has increased coffee intake.
Key Quick Service Restaurants Market Trend
Another key factor driving quick service restaurants market growth is rise in demand for nutritious foods and drinks. Quick service restaurant vendors are coming up with innovative and nutritious breakfast food with whey protein as the primary ingredient as an initiative to add a nutritional boost to their on-the-go breakfast offerings. This is because it is an ideal source of energy to start the day and one of the most popular superfoods. For instance, McDonald's offers Fruit and Maple Oatmeal consisting of 100% natural whole-grain oats, along with cream, red and green apples, cranberries, and raisins in its breakfast menu. In addition, in August 2019, Doctor's Associates, one of the key players in the global quick service restaurants market that operates Subway, partnered with Beyond Meat to test exclusive plant-based protein options. Presently, people are more health-conscious and often refrain from consuming unhealthy food or that with high-fat content. Many foodservice chains have thus, introduced healthy and nutritious meals in their menu, which helps customers in reducing their total calorie intake.
Key Quick Service Restaurants Market Challenge
Fluctuations in raw material prices is one of the key challenges hindering the quick service restaurants market growth. A major challenge for almost all types of quick service restaurants is the fluctuation in the prices of food commodities and raw materials such as sugar and dairy products, which are vital for the preparation of coffee, tea, and other beverages. For instance, the prices of food, including cereals, oilseeds, dairy products, meat, and sugar, surged by 9.5% in 2019 over 2018. The sudden spike in the prices of food commodities due to irregular climatic changes affected the profit margins of many restaurants across the globe. Such fluctuations in prices often create problems in production, thereby causing a demand and supply gap in the market. Foodservice outlets like quick service restaurants need to increase their budget to ensure that high hygiene standards are followed during cooking and the quality of food is consistent. Health-conscious customers opt for affordable, good-quality foods. However, it is difficult for fast-food restaurants to maintain food pricing and quality standards due to fluctuating food commodity/raw material prices. This results in a reduced profit margin, which negatively affects the market's growth.
This quick service restaurants market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global quick service restaurants market as a part of the global restaurants market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the quick service restaurants market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Quick Service Restaurants Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- American Dairy Queen Corp.
- Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Doctors Associates LLC
- Dominos Pizza Inc.
- Dunkin Brands Group Inc.
- Inspire Brands Inc.
- McDonald Corp.
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- The Wendys Co.
- YUM Brands Inc.
This statistical study of the quick service restaurants market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The quick service restaurants market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Doctors Associates LLC - The company offers a wide range of snacks, meals, and breakfast through its chain of quick service restaurants named Subway.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The quick service restaurants market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Quick Service Restaurants Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the quick service restaurants market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Quick Service Restaurants Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
43% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for quick service restaurants market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in APAC regions.
The quick service restaurants market in North America is growing because of factors such as consumers' preference to eat out, brand loyalty, interest in new restaurant experiences, and the introduction of new cuisines and flavors.The US and Canada are the top countries to contribute to market growth. This is because consumers in the region are inclined toward eating out, which encourages operators to come up with new restaurants. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 led to stringent measures, including the imposition of lockdowns and quarantines in the region. To slow down the spread of COVID-19, the governments in the region announced nationwide lockdowns in 2020, which led to the temporary shutdown of restaurants and, in turn, hindered the growth of the regional quick service restaurant market in 2020. Even after the lockdown guidelines were eased in Q4 2020, many quick service vendors faced challenges in normalizing their business due to the additional costs involved in sanitization, staffing issues, and limited operational hours as per the government guidelines. Thus, the low income and high expenditure of quick service vendors in 2020 when compared with 2019 led to a deceleration in the market growth in North America in 2020. In 2021, accelerated vaccine deployment and further easing of lockdown measures together gave a boost to the expectations of quick service restaurants in the region. Thus, the resumption of in-dining services in restaurants will have a positive impact on the regional quick service restaurant market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Service Segments in the Quick Service Restaurants Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The quick service restaurants market share growth by the eat-in service will be significant during the forecast period. Due to their fast-paced lifestyle and busy working schedules, dining out becomes convenient for them and helps them achieve a work-life balance. Owing to evolving consumer tastes and preferences for different cuisines, quick service restaurant operators are including multi-cuisine dishes in their menus. A rise in the global adult population aged 25-49 years is driving the eat-in service market as this consumer segment mostly prefers to dine out.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the quick service restaurants market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Quick Service Restaurants Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.55%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 119.2 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 43%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, UK, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
American Dairy Queen Corp., Chick-fil-A Inc., Doctors Associates LLC, Dominos Pizza Inc., Dunkin Brands Group Inc., Inspire Brands Inc., McDonald Corp., Starbucks Coffee Company, The Wendys Co., and YUM Brands Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Quick Service Restaurants Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive quick service restaurants market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the quick service restaurants market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the quick service restaurants industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of quick service restaurants market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Restaurant market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Service
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Service - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Service
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Service
- 5.3 Eat-in service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Eat-in service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Eat-in service - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Takeaway service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Takeaway service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Takeaway service - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Drive-thru service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Drive-thru service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Drive-thru service - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Home delivery service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Home delivery service - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Home delivery service - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Service
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Service
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 26: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 American Dairy Queen Corp.
- Exhibit 47: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: American Dairy Queen Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Chick-fil-A Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Chick-fil-A Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Chick-fil-A Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 53: Chick-fil-A Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Doctors Associates LLC
- Exhibit 54: Doctors Associates LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Doctors Associates LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 56: Doctors Associates LLC- Key news
- Exhibit 57: Doctors Associates LLC - Key offerings
- 10.6 Domino’s Pizza Inc.
- Exhibit 58: Domino’s Pizza Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Domino’s Pizza Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Domino’s Pizza Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Domino’s Pizza Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Dunkin Brands Group Inc.
- Exhibit 62: Dunkin Brands Group Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Dunkin Brands Group Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 64: Dunkin Brands Group Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Dunkin Brands Group Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Inspire Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 66: Inspire Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Inspire Brands Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Inspire Brands Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 69: Inspire Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 McDonald Corp.
- Exhibit 70: McDonald Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: McDonald Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 72: McDonalds Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 73: McDonald Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Starbucks Coffee Company
- Exhibit 74: Starbucks Coffee Company - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Starbucks Coffee Company - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Starbucks Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 77: Starbucks Coffee Company - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Starbucks Coffee Company - Segment focus
- 10.11 The Wendys Co.
- Exhibit 79: The Wendys Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: The Wendys Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: The Wendys Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: The Wendys Co. - Segment focus
- 10.12 YUM Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 83: YUM Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: YUM Brands Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: YUM Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: YUM Brands Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- rising demand for fast food, especially in emerging economies
- rise in demand for nutritious foods and drinks
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts