Sandwiches Market by Product, Fillings, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Nov 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44625
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The sandwich market share is expected to increase by USD 11.69 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.21%.
This sandwich market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers sandwich market segmentation by product (fresh sandwiches and prepackaged sandwiches), flavours (non-vegetarian and vegetarian), and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The sandwiches market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Arbys IP Holder LLC, Greencore Group Plc, Greggs Plc, McDonald Corp., Pita Pit International, Potbelly Corp., Doctors Associates LLC, The Wendys Co., Tyson Foods Inc., and YUM Brands Inc. among others.
What will the Sandwiches Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Sandwiches Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Sandwiches Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The vendor expansions are notably driving the sandwiches market growth, although factors such as product recall owing to contamination may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the sandwich industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Sandwiches Market Driver
Vendor expansions can increase the sales of sandwiches, which will influence the sandwiches market growth during the forecast period. Urbanization has led to several changes in the lifestyle and dietary habits of consumers globally. This has led to an increase in the consumption of processed food products. Convenience or ready-to-eat food products, such as sandwiches, are becoming increasingly popular among consumers, as they save time and effort and provide consistent taste. To meet the consumer demand for processed food products, many vendors are focusing on expanding their presence. Some of the vendor expansions in the global sandwiches market are, In July 2019, Tyson Foods announced the acquisition of Thai and European operations of a Brazilian food processor, BRF, which offers frozen variants of sandwiches. The transaction includes four processing facilities in Thailand, a processing facility in the Netherlands, and a processing facility in the UK. Such vendor expansions can increase the sales of sandwiches, which will influence the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Sandwiches Market Trend
Increasing advertising and marketing campaigns is a major trend influencing the sandwich market growth. Vendors in the market are adopting social media marketing like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to sell their products. These communication channels play a significant role in generating product awareness. Other than online marketing, companies are also resorting to sponsorship options. For instance, Jimmy John's Franchisor has numerous collaborations and is also a sponsor in racing sports such as NASCAR to enhance and promote the brand's image and reputation. Moreover, vendors are also utilizing public transport spaces such as subway stations for advertising their products. In this competitive environment with numerous established vendors, marketing and advertisements are major factors in promoting the brand and attracting customers. Large vendors have the upper hand and financial strength to invest in large-scale campaigns over other small and regional vendors. The rising advertising and marketing campaigns will drive the growth of the global sandwich market.
Key Sandwiches Market Challenge
The product recalls owing to contamination will be a major challenge for the sandwich market during the forecast period. One of the major challenges to the market's growth is the number of product recalls due to various issues, such as quality, packaging, bacterial contamination, and several others. Contamination issues are also seen in products that are exported to international markets. Due to contamination issues, consumers may lose confidence in the products and stop purchasing them. Most vendors purchase bread for making sandwiches from third-party suppliers. Improper handling of the raw materials may adversely affect the safety and quality of the sandwich. A single product recall can have a major negative impact on a company's reputation and trust, affecting the loyalty of the consumers. A company may incur a heavy monetary loss due to a product recall.
This sandwich market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global sandwiches market as a part of the global packaged foods and meats market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the sandwich market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Sandwiches Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Arbys IP Holder LLC
- Greencore Group Plc
- Greggs Plc
- McDonald Corp.
- Pita Pit International
- Potbelly Corp.
- Doctors Associates LLC
- The Wendys Co.
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- YUM Brands Inc.
This statistical study of the sandwich market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The sandwich market is fragmented and the vendors are adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The sandwiches market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Sandwiches Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the sandwiches market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Sandwiches Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
49% of the market's growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. France, the UK, Italy, and Germany are the key markets for sandwiches in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in the North American, MEA, and South American regions.
Some of the vendors operating in the region are focusing on expanding their presence will facilitate the sandwich market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market in the region is witnessing certain challenges due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Russia, the UK, Italy, Germany, and France have been some of the most affected countries by the pandemic in Europe. As of November 16, 2021, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Russia was 9.14 million. To control the spread of the pandemic, many vendors had announced a partial shutdown of their operations in the first half of 2020. However, many restaurants in Europe are reopening due to the lifting of lockdowns and are operating with restricted seating and safety measures owing to large-scale vaccination drives across the region. Also, the pandemic has accelerated online home deliveries of sandwiches, which is expected to continue in the coming years. Such factors will contribute to the growth of the foodservice industry?and the market in focus in the coming years.??
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Sandwiches Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The sandwich market share growth in the fresh sandwiches segment will be significant during the forecast period. The demand for fresh sandwiches is increasing as consumers prefer to buy sandwiches than make them at home. Vendors are coming up with new varieties of products by adding local flavors to attract customers. Such product portfolio expansions by vendors can influence the accelerated growth momentum of the market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the sandwiches market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Sandwiches Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.21%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 11.69 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, MEA, Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 49%
Key consumer countries
US, France, UK, Italy, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Arbys IP Holder LLC, Greencore Group Plc, Greggs Plc, McDonald Corp., Pita Pit International, Potbelly Corp., Doctors Associates LLC, The Wendys Co., Tyson Foods Inc., and YUM Brands Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Sandwiches Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive sandwiches market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the sandwiches market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the sandwiches industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, MEA, Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of sandwiches market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Packaged foods and meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Fresh sandwiches - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Fresh sandwiches - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Fresh sandwiches - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Prepackaged sandwiches - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Prepackaged sandwiches - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Prepackaged sandwiches - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by Fillings
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 22: Fillings - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Fillings
- Exhibit 23: Comparison by Fillings
- 6.3 Non-vegetarian - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Non-vegetarian - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 25: Non-vegetarian - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Vegetarian - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Vegetarian - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Vegetarian - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Fillings
- Exhibit 28: Market opportunity by Fillings
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 31: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 35: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 37: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 39: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 41: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 42: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 43: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 44: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- Exhibit 45: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 48: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 49: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Arbys IP Holder LLC
- Exhibit 50: Arbys IP Holder LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Arbys IP Holder LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Arbys IP Holder LLC - Key offerings
- 11.4 Greencore Group Plc
- Exhibit 53: Greencore Group Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Greencore Group Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Greencore Group Plc - Key offerings
- 11.5 Greggs Plc
- Exhibit 56: Greggs Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Greggs Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Greggs Plc - Key offerings
- 11.6 McDonald Corp.
- Exhibit 59: McDonald Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: McDonald Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: McDonald Corp. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Pita Pit International
- Exhibit 62: Pita Pit International - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Pita Pit International - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: Pita Pit International - Key offerings
- 11.8 Potbelly Corp.
- Exhibit 65: Potbelly Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Potbelly Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Potbelly Corp. - Key offerings
- 11.9 Doctors Associates LLC
- Exhibit 68: Doctors Associates LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Doctors Associates LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: Doctors Associates LLC - Key offerings
- 11.10 The Wendys Co.
- Exhibit 71: The Wendys Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: The Wendys Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: The Wendys Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: The Wendys Co. - Segment focus
- 11.11 Tyson Foods Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Tyson Foods Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Tyson Foods Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Tyson Foods Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Tyson Foods Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.12 YUM Brands Inc.
- Exhibit 79: YUM Brands Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: YUM Brands Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: YUM Brands Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: YUM Brands Inc. - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Vendor expansions
- Introduction of new varieties and innovative products
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts