Scanning Electron Microscope Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 139
- SKU: IRTNTR40449
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The scanning electron microscope market share is expected to increase by USD 727.6 million from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.82%.
This market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers market segmentation by end-user (semiconductors, life sciences, material sciences, and nanotechnology) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Advantest Corp., Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corp., DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS, Hitachi High-Technologies Corp., JEOL Ltd., Keysight Technologies Inc., Nikon Corp., TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. among others.
What will the Scanning Electron Microscope Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Scanning Electron Microscope Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing focus on nanotechnology is notably driving the market growth, although factors such as the high production cost may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the scanning electron microscope industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the market is the increasing focus on nanotechnology. The rise in the demand for the miniaturization of products along with the augmented consumer demand for smaller and more powerful devices at low prices have made nanotechnology popular in several industries. Furthermore, nanoparticles are found in different sectors including clothing, fertilizers, tires, and cosmetics. It is used in everything from dental implants to automobiles. Moreover, multiple semiconductor components are manufactured using nanotechnology, including carbon nanotubes, quantum dots, and other nanoparticles. Therefore, it has become a research priority across the world in several domains. Furthermore, advances in nanotechnology research in the healthcare industry have helped in developing advanced diagnostics systems. Therefore, applications of nanotechnology, particularly in healthcare diagnostics, enable quick diagnostic processes, which further supports the key goal of diagnostics to detect a medical problem in the minimum span of time.
Key Market Trend
Increased demand for LVEMs is another factor supporting the market growth in the forecast period. Unlike general-purpose SEMs, low-voltage electron microscopes (LVEMs) make use of a decelerating electron beam system and function at a reduced voltage of fewer than 25 kilovolts, contrasting to the 100 kilovolts by high-voltage electron microscopes (HVEMs). Furthermore, one key advantage of functioning at a low voltage is that the device can be used as a tabletop or desktop electron microscope, and it can be installed in any laboratory that requires an electron microscope. In addition, it occupies less space, costs less, and has several advantages over HVEMs. Moreover, LVEMs have high contrast and cause minimal damage to specimens. These microscopes are best suited for specimens that have a low atomic number. Therefore, the demand for LVEMs is expected to increase in life science, material science, pathology, and nanomaterial applications. Furthermore, using HVEMs for specimens such as polymers, composite materials, pigments, minerals, cells, and membranes increases the accumulation of electrons in the samples and damages the specimen due to high radiation.
Key Market Challenge
The high product cost will be a major challenge for the market during the forecast period. Several factors that determine the price include the chamber size, automation, and optional SEM accessories. Furthermore, in terms of overseas sales, another issue faced by the vendors is the imposition of excise taxes. High-value products, such as SEMs, attract multiple types of customs and duties depending on the country. Taxes on the final cost of the product can reach up to 30% of the cost of the product, which prevents customers from purchasing new SEMs. In multiple cases, potential customers completely avoid the purchase of SEMs and rely on third-party agencies that rent out SEMs, which impacts the sales of new products. The price variation between new and used SEMs can reach up to 50% or more. Furthermore, the initial capital investment of SEMs ranges between $100,000 and $1,250,000. Non-analytical SEMs, such as CD SEMs, are sold for approximately $700,000. Whereas, analytical SEMs are typically sold in the range of $400,000-$620,000. The price mainly depends on the specification and augmentation of a particular model. Therefore, the high cost of SEMs is expected to hinder the growth of the global SEM market during the forecast period.
This market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global scanning electron microscope market as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Scanning Electron Microscope Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Advantest Corp.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Danaher Corp.
- DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corp.
- JEOL Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Nikon Corp.
- TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This statistical study of the market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as providing high levels of resolution, precision, and accuracy to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Carl Zeiss AG - The company offers Gemini SEM500, Gemini SEM450, and Gemini SEM300.
- Danaher Corp. - The company offers SEM under its brand name Leica Microsystem.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Scanning Electron Microscope Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
55% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan are the key markets for scanning electron microscopes in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The rising production of semiconductors will facilitate market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the market. Governments of various countries in the region, such as China, India, and Japan, imposed nationwide lockdowns to curb the spread of the disease. This led to the shutdown of various automobile, aircraft, and electronics manufacturing facilities in the region. However, in H2 2020, due to the introduction of vaccines, the number of COVID-19 cases declined in the region. This has led to the lifting of COVID-19-related restrictions and the reopening of manufacturing facilities in the region, which has increased the demand for scanning electron microscopes from its end-users. Hence, the regional market is expected to witness growth during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth by the semiconductors segment will be significant during the forecast period. One of the major factors that are expected to drive the segment is the increased demand for the miniaturization of electronic devices from manufacturers of various semiconductors and electronic components. As a result, various semiconductor manufacturers are continuously engaged in reducing the line widths of semiconductor components.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Scanning Electron Microscope Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.82%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 727.6 million
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 55%
Key consumer countries
Japan, US, Germany, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and Taiwan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Advantest Corp., Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corp., DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS, Hitachi High-Technologies Corp., JEOL Ltd., Keysight Technologies Inc., Nikon Corp., TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Scanning Electron Microscope Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behaviour
- The growth of the scanning electron microscope industry across APAC, North America, Europe, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market charcteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare equipment market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End user
- 5.3 Semiconductors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End user
- Exhibit 17: Semiconductors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.4 Life sciences - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: Semiconductors - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 19: Life sciences - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.5 Material sciences - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 20: Life sciences - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 21: Material sciences - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.6 Nanotechnology - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 22: Material sciences - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 23: Nanotechnology - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End user
- Exhibit 24: Nanotechnology - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 31: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 33: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive scenario
- 9.2 Vendor ladscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- 9.4 Industry risks
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 45: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Advantest Corp.
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 47: Advantest Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Advantest Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Advantest Corp. – Key news
- 10.4 Carl Zeiss AG
- Exhibit 50: Advantest Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Advantest Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 52: Carl Zeiss AG - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Carl Zeiss AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: Carl Zeiss AG – Key news
- 10.5 Danaher Corp.
- Exhibit 55: Carl Zeiss AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Carl Zeiss AG - Segment focus
- Exhibit 57: Danaher Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Danaher Corp. - Business segments
- 10.6 DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS
- Exhibit 59: Danaher Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 60: Danaher Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Danaher Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 62: DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS - Overview
- Exhibit 63: DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS - Product and service
- 10.7 Hitachi High Technologies Corp.
- Exhibit 64: DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Hitachi High Technologies Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Hitachi High Technologies Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Hitachi High Technologies Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 68: Hitachi High Technologies Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.8 JEOL Ltd.
- Exhibit 69: Hitachi High Technologies Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 70: JEOL Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: JEOL Ltd. - Business segments
- 10.9 Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 72: JEOL Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 73: JEOL Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: JEOL Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 75: Keysight Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Keysight Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- 10.10 Nikon Corp.
- Exhibit 77: Keysight Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Keysight Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 79: Nikon Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Nikon Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Nikon Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 82: Nikon Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.11 TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS
- Exhibit 83: Nikon Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 84: TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS - Overview
- Exhibit 85: TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS - Product and service
- 10.12 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Exhibit 86: TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS – Key news
- Exhibit 87: TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING AS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 88: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 90: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. – Key news
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 94: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 95: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: Information sources
- Exhibit 97: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Increasing focus on nanotechnology
- Increased demand for LVEMs
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts