SMB Software Market by Deployment and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Dec 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR71085
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The SMB software market share is expected to increase by USD 52.01 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.42%.
This SMB software market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers SMB software market segmentation by deployment (on-premise and cloud) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The SMB software market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Acumatica Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Deltek Inc., Epicor Software Corp., Infor Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., SAP SE, and SYSPRO Pty. Ltd. among others.
What will the SMB Software Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the SMB Software Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
SMB Software Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increasing demand for cloud-based applications is notably driving the SMB software market growth, although factors such as lack of awareness may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the SMB software industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key SMB Software Market Driver
One of the key factors driving growth in the SMB software market is the increasing demand for cloud-based applications. The surge in demand for cloud-based SMB software, such as ERP, is predominantly due to the lowered up-front costs and implementation time. Cloud-based ERP is also capable of providing various other business benefits such as process alignment and business consistency across an organization and accessing of applications by users, employees, and partners from anywhere and anyplace. Cloud-based SMB software solutions eliminate the need for a dedicated IT support team for maintenance and updates of software and avoid the necessity of server, storage, and computing resources to global organizations. This enables organizations to execute their business strategies effectively and focus on core operations without focusing on increasing the IT cost.
Key SMB Software Market Trend
The increasing M&A, partnerships, and collaborations is another factor supporting the SMB software market share growth. Vendors in the market in focus are adopting various strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations to gain a competitive advantage over the existing players. In October 2021, Microsoft Corp. acquired Clear Software, which is a provider of integration and business-process products, with an emphasis on SAP and Oracle connectivity. In August 2021, Deltek Inc. acquired Archisnapper with a motive to help architects and engineers automate field reports. In August 2020, Cisco Systems Inc. acquired ThousandEyes to strengthen its Internet and cloud intelligence platforms.
Key SMB Software Market Challenge
The lack of awareness will be a major challenge for the SMB software market during the forecast period. The ineffective management of debt collection software is a challenge for most organizations. The awareness about the availability of SMB software can help in understanding money collection and money loss threats faced by an organization. It can also help organizations take cost-effective security measures. SMB software such as debt collection software highlights the responsibilities associated with collection policies and practices. Currently, organizations in developing regions are unaware of SMB software and are concerned about the security of confidential data. Hence, vendors need to create awareness about upcoming SMB software solutions through trade fairs, seminars and webinars, and other promotional events. The lack of awareness adversely affects the widespread adoption of SMB software solutions, thereby hindering the growth of the market in focus.
This SMB software market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global SMB software market as part of the global application software market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the SMB software market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major SMB Software Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Acumatica Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Deltek Inc.
- Epicor Software Corp.
- Infor Inc.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Oracle Corp.
- SAP SE
- SYSPRO Pty. Ltd.
This statistical study of the SMB software market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The SMB software market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
Cisco Systems Inc. - The company offers Cisco FindIT Network Manager, an intuitive web dashboard to discover, monitor, and manage all switches, routers, and access points.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The SMB software market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
SMB Software Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the SMB software market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the application software market includes the following core components:
- Software development process
- Marketing and distribution
- Post-selling services
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for SMB Software Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for SMB software in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in other regions.
The availability of adequate IT infrastructure, which has been supporting the growth of the regional market over a couple of years will facilitate the SMB software market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The SMB software market in North America witnessed a decline in growth rate owing to the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020. However, various IT companies have started operating remotely and have gradually opted for cloud-based SMB software for their operational procedures. They have also offered work-from-home facilities to their employees. Such measures are expected to drive the growth of the market in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the SMB Software Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The SMB software market share growth by the on-premise segment will be significant during the forecast period. The on-premises debt collection software is secure as there is no third-party interference. Customization and high levels of data security offered by the on-premises deployment model are the prominent factors driving the revenue growth of this segment of the market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the SMB software market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
SMB Software Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.42%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 52.01 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, UK, China, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Acumatica Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Deltek Inc., Epicor Software Corp., Infor Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., SAP SE, and SYSPRO Pty. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this SMB Software Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive SMB software market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the SMB software market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the SMB software industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of SMB software market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Application software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 On-premise - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: On-premise - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: On-premise - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Cloud - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Cloud - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Cloud - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Acumatica Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Acumatica Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Acumatica Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Acumatica Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 46: Acumatica Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 Cisco Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 47: Cisco Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: Cisco Systems Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: Cisco Systems Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 50: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Cisco Systems Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Deltek Inc.
- Exhibit 52: Deltek Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Deltek Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Deltek Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 55: Deltek Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Epicor Software Corp.
- Exhibit 56: Epicor Software Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Epicor Software Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: Epicor Software Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 59: Epicor Software Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Infor Inc.
- Exhibit 60: Infor Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Infor Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: Infor Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 63: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: International Business Machines Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 66: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Microsoft Corp.
- Exhibit 68: Microsoft Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Microsoft Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Microsoft Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: Microsoft Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Microsoft Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Oracle Corp.
- 10.11 SAP SE
- Exhibit 78: SAP SE - Overview
- Exhibit 79: SAP SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: SAP SE – Key news
- Exhibit 81: SAP SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: SAP SE - Segment focus
- 10.12 SYSPRO Pty. Ltd.
- Exhibit 83: SYSPRO Pty. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: SYSPRO Pty. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 85: SYSPRO Pty. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing demand for cloud-based applications
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts