Software Testing Services Market by Product, Geography, and End-user - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2022
- Pages: 160
- SKU: IRTNTR40590
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
“The Software Testing Services Market is poised to grow by USD 55.76 billion during 2022-2026, accelerating at a CAGR of 15.07% during the forecast period”
Technavio market report provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends, growth drivers, challenges, and vendor analysis covering around 15 vendors. Furthermore, the market research report extensively covers market segmentation by product (application testing and product testing), end-user (BFSI, telecom and media, manufacturing, retail, and others), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Accenture Plc, Atos SE, Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., DXC Technology Co., HCL Technologies Ltd., Infosys Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., and Wipro Ltd. among others.
What will the Software Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Software Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Parent Market Analysis
Our Technavio Research categorizes the report belonging to the Information Technology Industry for the market. Technavio is based on four simple principles: easy-to-access reports, robust industry coverage, a focus on new and emerging technologies, and competitive pricing. We believe in helping companies and executives become better equipped to make faster, sounder, and more effective decisions.
Software Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Technavio Research categorizes the global Software Market belonging to the Software Industry. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on the industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the forecast year.
The market is extremely competitive with all sizes of businesses, including large, medium, and small-sized companies vying to monopolize the market. The tremendous development in various fields such as product innovations and new product launches by manufacturers operating in the market will drive the growth further.
Key Software Testing Services Market Driver
- The increasing adoption of mobile testing is one of the key drivers supporting the market growth. Enterprises have been actively moving toward a mobile-first strategy to enhance customer experience.
- Mobile application technologies have been changing rapidly, and enterprises need to roll out new versions of their applications and software frequently to keep up with the competition.
- Leading vendors are investing significantly in mobile application testing. Hence, the growing demand for mobile testing is expected to boost the growth of the global software testing service market during the forecast period.
Key Software Testing Services Market Trend
- The growing momentum of crowdsourced testing is one of the key market trends that is contributing to market growth.
- Crowdsourced testing offers many benefits, such as scalability, speed, output-based pricing, device coverage, geography coverage, and real-time testing of software. The popularity of crowdsourced testing has been increasing continuously due to its benefits.
- Leading vendors, such as Accenture and Cigniti Technologies, are also entering the crowdsourced testing space by entering partnerships with providers of crowdsourced platforms. During the forecast period, crowdsourced testing will gain more traction. Such factors will propel the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Software Testing Services Market Challenge
- The availability of open-source and free testing tools will be a major challenge for the market during the forecast period.
- Start-ups and SMEs are the primary users of open-source testing tools, owing to their cost constraints.
- Licensing and installation costs are the major reasons that prevent these companies from opting for proprietary software. Moreover, open-source testing tools can perform different types of software testing, such as functional and non-functional testing. Hence, the increasing adoption of open-source testing tools will have a negative impact on the revenue generation opportunities for software testing vendors and will hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Software Market Vendors?
The vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading market vendors such as
- Accenture Plc
- Atos SE
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.
- DXC Technology Co.
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Infosys Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Wipro Ltd.
The parent global IT software market covers companies engaged in developing and producing application and system software. It also includes companies offering database management software. The global systems software market covers organizations that are engaged in developing application development and management software, cloud computing software, data center and hosting software, IT management software, mobility software, networking software, security software, and storage software. It excludes companies classified in the development and production of home entertainment software. Technavio calculates the global IT software market size based on combined revenue generated by companies engaged in the provision of all types of IT software, including cloud-based software. It also includes the annual revenues generated by the companies through the execution of IT software sales.
Software Market Value Chain Analysis
In this report, we provide extensive information on the value chain analysis for the market. Our data covers all key stages of a market flow and provides a complete understanding of all aspects of the market logistics value chain. This includes an end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies.
Which are the Key Regions for Software Market?
42% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for software testing services in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in the South American and APAC regions.
One of the major reasons for market growth in North America is the increasing demand for software development and applications. The demand for software testing services is rising continuously due to the increasing adoption of software and applications in the retail, BFSI, and telecom and media industries. Enterprises across North America are among the early adopters of social, mobile, analytics, and cloud (SMAC) technologies. In this region, employers are increasingly adopting the bring-your-own-access (BYOA) policy. This creates significant opportunities for vendors to offer their expertise in mobile application testing and the testing of mobile DevOps.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Software Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a PDF Sample
The market share growth by the application testing segment will be significant during the forecast period. Application testing comprises testing and quality assurance (QA) activities for all types of mobile applications, including both native and hybrid applications. The proliferation of mobile applications over the past decade has made them an indispensable business for enterprises and developers. These applications have become a significant channel for enterprises, and hence, a majority of organizations across the globe are launching their mobile applications to drive online sales and improve their profitability.
The report provides a near-term to long-term perspective on the trends and forecasts horizon for the market. It offers an overview of the key market drivers and restraints, enabling precise identification of key opportunities in each region over the coming years.
Software Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 15.07%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 55.76 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, MEA, North America, South America, and Europe
Performing market contribution
North America at 40%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, China, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Accenture Plc, Atos SE, Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., DXC Technology Co., HCL Technologies Ltd., Infosys Ltd., International Business Machines Corp., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., and Wipro Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Software Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behaviour
- The growth of the industry across APAC, MEA, North America, South America, and Europe
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of software market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Systems software
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Application testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Application testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Application testing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Product testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Product testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Product testing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 25: BFSI - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Telecom and media - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Telecom and media - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Telecom and media - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Manufacturing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Manufacturing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 29: Manufacturing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.6 Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: Retail - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 31: Retail - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 33: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.8 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by End-user
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Overview
- Exhibit 35: Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 36: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 37: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 39: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 41: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 44: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 45: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 46: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 47: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 48: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 49: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 50: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 51: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 52: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 53: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 54: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 55: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Accenture Plc
- Exhibit 56: Accenture Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Accenture Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Accenture Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Accenture Plc - Segment focus
- 11.4 Atos SE
- Exhibit 60: Atos SE - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Atos SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Atos SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Atos SE - Segment focus
- 11.5 Capgemini Services SAS
- Exhibit 64: Capgemini Services SAS - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Capgemini Services SAS - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Capgemini Services SAS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Capgemini Services SAS - Segment focus
- 11.6 Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.
- Exhibit 68: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 71: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.7 DXC Technology Co.
- Exhibit 72: DXC Technology Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: DXC Technology Co. - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: DXC Technology Co. - Key offerings
- 11.8 HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: HCL Technologies Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: HCL Technologies Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: HCL Technologies Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: HCL Technologies Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.9 Infosys Ltd.
- Exhibit 79: Infosys Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Infosys Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Infosys Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 82: Infosys Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 83: Infosys Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.10 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 84: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 85: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 86: International Business Machines Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 87: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 88: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.11 Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Exhibit 89: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 90: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 91: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 92: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 93: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Wipro Ltd.
- Exhibit 94: Wipro Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 95: Wipro Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 96: Wipro Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 97: Wipro Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 98: Wipro Ltd. - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 99: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 100: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 101: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 102: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 103: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing adoption of mobile testing
- The growing momentum of crowdsourced testing
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts