Warehouse Management Systems Market by Deployment and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Oct 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43628
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The warehouse management systems market share is expected to increase by USD 1.61 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 10.23%. This warehouse management systems market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The warehouse management systems market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Blue Yonder Group Inc., BluJay Solutions Inc., Epicor Software Corp., Infor Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Manhattan Associates Inc., Oracle Corp., Reply Spa, SAP SE, and Tecsys Inc. among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers warehouse management systems market segmentation by deployment (cloud-based and on-premises) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America).
What will the Warehouse Management Systems Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Warehouse Management Systems Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Warehouse Management Systems Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The growth of e-commerce industry is notably driving the warehouse management systems market growth, although factors such as high implementation cost of on-premises wms may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the warehouse management systems industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Warehouse Management Systems Market Driver
The growth of the e-commerce industry is a major driver of the warehouse management systems market growth. The expedited delivery time of online orders in a competitive market is placing pressure on businesses and enterprises to adopt technological systems for efficient process management. This is creating a need for a low response time without hampering the accuracy and efficiency of the shipment process, thus driving the demand for WMS that enables efficient handling, packaging, and dispatching of products. The e-commerce industry is expected to witness high growth in the coming years owing to the increasing number of online shoppers. Consumers look for fast delivery and more options, which require retailers to stock more products. This is driving the demand for WMS. As companies need to accelerate their fulfillment and shipping processes to maintain a competitive edge, the demand for WMS is estimated to grow further. WMS enables end-users to quickly adopt changes as per the evolving customer requirements. Furthermore, the implementation of WMS helps in the optimum utilization of warehouses with an increase in productivity and efficiency of operations. Therefore, with the growth of the e-commerce industry, changes in the competitive landscape will drive end-users to use advanced fulfillment techniques and solutions. Hence, the demand for WMS will continue to rise during the forecast period.
Key Warehouse Management Systems Market Trend
Globalization of supply chain networks is a major trend influencing the warehouse management systems market growth. Globalization is increasing the competition faced by businesses. Parcels are being sent across continents, and consumer preferences are changing. Hence, enterprises are streamlining processes, reducing costs, and improving customer service. Vendors are catering to customers from various countries and are adopting different approaches to expand their geographic reach. As a result, the opening of regional distribution centers is a key trend that has emerged in supply chain and logistics. In the coming years, the trend of adopting regional strategies by end-users for speeding up the delivery process is expected to change the landscape of the global WMS market. For rapid deliveries, companies across the world are focusing on finding better options for stocking. This is leading to the development of regional warehouses for rapid delivery. Companies are looking for improved methods to shrink their delivery time and are exploring locations to distribute packages in a short period. They are expected to set up more regional warehouses and lesser central warehouse hubs. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Thus, with the growth of more regional distribution centers and warehouses, there will be an increase in the demand for WMS. However, warehouse development costs are high, and companies generally do not build a warehouse until a contracted project is perceived to be 80% complete. Along with the cost, the availability of other infrastructure will have an impact on this trend. Thus, this trend is anticipated to be witnessed throughout developed countries and positively impact the global WMS market in the future.
Key Warehouse Management Systems Market Challenge
The high implementation cost of on-premises WMS is a major hindrance to warehouse management systems market growth. The implementation cost of on-premises WMS is high relative to the setup cost in other enterprise software. These systems are managed and maintained by businesses and enterprises on their premises by in-house IT staff. The salaries of IT staff and the infrastructure cost of on-premises WMS are major hindrances for the market in focus. In developing economies, the lack of effective Internet penetration renders cloud-based WMS unreliable. The pricing for WMS is also determined based on the deployment model chosen; both initial and annual budgets change based on the end-user model choice. Perpetual licensing is commonly used by vendors offering on-premises WMS while the subscription model (generally monthly) is used in the SaaS model. Though the SaaS model is relatively less expensive, the overall cost hinders the adoption of these systems in the developing economies of APAC and Africa. High implementation costs are a hindrance as SMEs are focusing on implementing and adopting new technologies to improve their supply chain and warehousing operations and increase productivity. The high implementation cost of on-premise WMS limits its adoption across developing economies and SMEs. This is estimated to be a key challenge for the market in focus during the forecast period.
This warehouse management systems market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global warehouse management systems market as a part of the global IT consulting and other services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the warehouse management systems market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Warehouse Management Systems Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Blue Yonder Group Inc.
- BluJay Solutions Inc.
- Epicor Software Corp.
- Infor Inc.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- Manhattan Associates Inc.
- Oracle Corp.
- Reply Spa
- SAP SE
- Tecsys Inc.
This statistical study of the warehouse management systems market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The warehouse management systems market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The warehouse management systems market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Warehouse Management Systems Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the warehouse management systems market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global IT consulting and other services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Warehouse Management Systems Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
33% of the market’s growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany and the UK are the key markets for warehouse management systems in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The growing need for efficient forecasting models will facilitate the warehouse management systems market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Deployment Segments in the Warehouse Management Systems Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The warehouse management systems market share growth by the cloud-based segment has been significant. The adoption of cloud-based solutions also eliminates the setting up of IT departments. Hence, cloud-based solutions are less expensive than on-premises solutions. These solutions are maintained at a remote data center and are accessed remotely by end-users on a subscription basis. Apart from the cost-effectiveness, there are several other benefits provided by cloud-based WMS. As a result, the adoption of cloud-based WMS is increasing rapidly among end-users. Some of the advantages of cloud-based WMS include: Flexibility: Cloud-based WMS enables high flexibility as users can access the system from any location through web-based portals over the Internet. Compatibility: Cloud-based WMS are easily compatible with other software systems currently being used by enterprises, such as yard management system, transportation management system, slotting management system, and business analytics, which makes them easy to implement.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the warehouse management systems market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Warehouse Management Systems Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 10.23%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.61 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
Europe at 33%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, UK, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Blue Yonder Group Inc., BluJay Solutions Inc., Epicor Software Corp., Infor Inc., International Business Machines Corp., Manhattan Associates Inc., Oracle Corp., Reply Spa, SAP SE, and Tecsys Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Warehouse Management Systems Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive warehouse management systems market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the warehouse management systems market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the warehouse management systems industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of warehouse management systems market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: IT Consulting and Other Services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Deployment
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Deployment - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Deployment
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Deployment
- 5.3 Cloud-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Cloud-based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Cloud-based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: On-premises - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: On-premises - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Deployment
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Deployment
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Landscape
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Blue Yonder Group Inc.
- Exhibit 43: Blue Yonder Group Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Blue Yonder Group Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 45: Blue Yonder Group Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.4 BluJay Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 46: BluJay Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: BluJay Solutions Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: BluJay Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Epicor Software Corp.
- Exhibit 49: Epicor Software Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Epicor Software Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: Epicor Software Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Infor Inc.
- Exhibit 52: Infor Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Infor Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Infor Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 International Business Machines Corp.
- Exhibit 55: International Business Machines Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 56: International Business Machines Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: International Business Machines Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 58: International Business Machines Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: International Business Machines Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Manhattan Associates Inc.
- Exhibit 60: Manhattan Associates Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Manhattan Associates Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Manhattan Associates Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Manhattan Associates Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Oracle Corp.
- Exhibit 64: Oracle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Oracle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Oracle Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 67: Oracle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Oracle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Reply Spa
- Exhibit 69: Reply Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Reply Spa - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Reply Spa - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Reply Spa - Segment focus
- 10.11 SAP SE
- Exhibit 73: SAP SE - Overview
- Exhibit 74: SAP SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: SAP SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: SAP SE - Segment focus
- 10.12 Tecsys Inc.
- Exhibit 77: Tecsys Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Tecsys Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Tecsys Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 80: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 81: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 82: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 83: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 84: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growth of e-commerce industry
- Globalization of supply chain networks
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.