Bread Market by Product, Distribution Channel, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44015
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The bread market size is expected to increase by USD 86.64 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.33%.
This bread market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers bread market segmentation by product (artisan bread, packaged bread, and others) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The bread market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AGROFERT AS, Angel Bakeries, Associated British Foods Plc, Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd., Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa, Bakkerij Borgesius, Braces Bakery Ltd., Britannia Industries Ltd., Campbell Soup Co., and Finsbury Food Group Plc among others.
What will the Bread Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Bread Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Bread Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The rising urbanization and changing consumer lifestyles is notably driving the bread market growth, although factors such as fluctuating raw material prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the bread industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Bread Market Driver
Rising urbanization and changing consumer lifestyles is a major driver fueling the bread market growth. Some of the primary drivers of the global bread market are the expanding global urban population, increasing demand for on-the-go snacks, and increasing purchasing power parity of the population in emerging countries. There has been a considerable shift in the lifestyles and diet habits of consumers over the past two decades. Emerging economies in Central and South America and APAC will prove to be attractive markets for bread during the forecast period. Increased urbanization has led to improved living standards and higher disposable incomes. However, hectic lifestyles have resulted in deteriorating health conditions and lifestyle disorders owing to unhealthy eating habits. As such, the working population base seeks high-protein bread that is convenient and can be consumed on the go. Furthermore, the trend of snacking between meals has also increased. In large cities, the working class is demanding more on-the-go foods such as rolls, sandwiches, and croissants. In-store bakeries and artisan bakeries are often located around busy streets and near corporate parks and entertainment parks. The growing millennial population is also demanding more options in the on-the-go food category like sandwiches and burger bread. In the US, millennials constituted the largest workforce demographic in direct annual consumer spending in 2020. The demand for fresh bread for consumption at home is expected to increase as more millennials are settling down and starting families.
Key Bread Market Trend
An increase in product shelf life is a major market trend influencing the bread market growth. Dietary fiber is added to many bakery products for emulsion and stabilization. This also improves the shelf life of the products. When stored at normal temperatures, most bread, rolls, or other bakery products experience a continuous decline in quality, commonly known as staling. Products such as bread and other yeast-raised baked products become stale much faster than cookies and crackers, which have a low moisture content. Packaging solutions prevent moisture loss. Emulsifiers help to slow down the staling process by improving moisture retention. For instance, the loaf volume of bread can be increased by adding dough straighteners. This leads to better moisture preservation.
Key Bread Market Challenge
The fluctuating prices of raw material is a major challenge affecting the bread market growth. The major raw materials for bread and rolls include flour, sugar, salt, and milk. The prices of all these food materials are increasing due to the increasing production cost. As a result of this, bread manufacturers incur more cost for raw materials. Further, the supply of raw materials may be affected due to adverse weather conditions, strikes, governmental controls, national emergencies, natural disasters, supply shortages, or any other unexpected events. This increasing cost causes the product price to increase. As an effect of this, it becomes a challenge for the marketers to introduce new product varieties in the market with specific ingredients that help in enriching taste and thus attract more consumers. The rising product price would affect the consumers' buying decision, which, in turn, affects the industry's performance.
This bread market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global bread market as a part of the global packaged foods and meats market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the bread market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Bread Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- AGROFERT AS
- Angel Bakeries
- Associated British Foods Plc
- Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd.
- Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa
- Bakkerij Borgesius
- Braces Bakery Ltd.
- Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Campbell Soup Co.
- Finsbury Food Group Plc
This statistical study of the bread market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The bread market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The bread market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Bread Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the bread market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global packaged foods and meats market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Bread Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market’s growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. UK, Germany, and France are the key markets for the bread market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
An increase in the number of private labels will facilitate the bread market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, manufacturing units in Europe witnessed production loss due to the outbreak of COVID-19, which led manufacturers to halt production. However, the imposition of lockdowns across European countries led to a lack of sales for a short time span. Owing to a rise in the demand for essential and immunity-boosting food products, the demand for baked goods and bread increased during the pandemic. In 2020, the export of baked goods from Germany, Italy, and Poland increased by 1.5%-8.7% compared with that in 2019. Moreover, as retail stores and other offline sales channels start operating after lifting of lockdown norms, the market demand is expected to grow in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Bread Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The bread market share growth by the artisian bread segment will be significant during the forecast period. Consumer demand for artisan bread will remain steady in the market as different varieties of artisan bread are available at competitive prices. The majority of artisan breads are ethnic varieties. Artisan bread is often sold within two days of manufacturing.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the bread market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Bread Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.33%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 86.64 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, MEA, Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, Germany, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
AGROFERT AS, Angel Bakeries, Associated British Foods Plc, Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd., Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa, Bakkerij Borgesius, Braces Bakery Ltd., Britannia Industries Ltd., Campbell Soup Co., and Finsbury Food Group Plc
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Bread Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive bread market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the bread market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the bread industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, MEA, Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of bread market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Packaged Foods and Meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Artisan bread - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Artisan bread - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Artisan bread - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Packaged bread - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Packaged bread - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Packaged bread - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by Distribution channel
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 24: Distribution channel - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 25: Comparison by Distribution channel
- 6.3 Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Offline - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 29: Online - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by Distribution channel
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 32: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 33: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 35: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 37: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 39: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 41: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 43: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 44: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 45: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 46: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 47: Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 48: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 49: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 50: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 51: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 AGROFERT AS
- Exhibit 52: AGROFERT AS - Overview
- Exhibit 53: AGROFERT AS - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: AGROFERT AS - Key offerings
- 11.4 Angel Bakeries
- Exhibit 55: Angel Bakeries - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Angel Bakeries - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Angel Bakeries - Key offerings
- 11.5 Associated British Foods Plc
- Exhibit 58: Associated British Foods Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Associated British Foods Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Associated British Foods Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 61: Associated British Foods Plc - Segment focus
- 11.6 Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd.
- Exhibit 62: Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: Bakers Delight Holdings Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.7 Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa
- Exhibit 65: Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Spa - Segment focus
- 11.8 Bakkerij Borgesius
- Exhibit 69: Bakkerij Borgesius - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Bakkerij Borgesius - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Bakkerij Borgesius - Key offerings
- 11.9 Braces Bakery Ltd.
- Exhibit 72: Braces Bakery Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Braces Bakery Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 74: Braces Bakery Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.10 Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 75: Britannia Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Britannia Industries Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 77: Britannia Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.11 Campbell Soup Co.
- Exhibit 78: Campbell Soup Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Campbell Soup Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Campbell Soup Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Campbell Soup Co. - Segment focus
- 11.12 Finsbury Food Group Plc
- Exhibit 82: Finsbury Food Group Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Finsbury Food Group Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Finsbury Food Group Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Finsbury Food Group Plc - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Rising urbanization and changing consumer lifestyles
- Increasing demand for organic and gluten-free bakery p roducts
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.