Cement Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR70716
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The cement market share is expected to increase by 749.21 million tons from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.34%.
This cement market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers cement market segmentations by end user (residential construction, non-residential construction, and infrastructure) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America). The cement market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Adelaide Brighton Ltd., Argos Ltd., Cementir Holding NV, CEMEX SAB de CV, China National Building Material Co. Ltd., HeidelbergCement AG, LafargeHolcim Ltd., Taiheiyo Cement Corp., The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd., and Votorantim SA among others.
What will the Cement Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Cement Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Cement Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing investments in road and highway infrastructure projects are notably driving the cement market growth, although factors such as an increase in construction costs may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the cement industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Cement Market Driver
Increasing investments in road and highway infrastructure projects are the major driver influencing the cement market growth. The development of new roads and increasing investments in transportation and highway infrastructure projects are driving the growth of the global cement market. Cement is predominantly used in roadway and highway pavements. It is mixed with aggregates and other additives to overlay a road. Cement is preferred in road and highway construction owing to its significant strength and durability, thermoplastic nature, and waterproofing properties. The demand for cement is mainly generated from the developing economies as these countries lack proper road and transportation networks and infrastructure. These countries are spending heavily on evolving their transportation networks to assist their economic and industrial growth. However, regular investments in technological advances in infrastructure projects in the developed economies are also propelling the growth of the cement market in the roadways and highways sector. The US, China, and India are investing heavily in road infrastructure projects to upgrade and develop the existing roads. Investments in large-scale highway projects are likely to increase the demand for cement during the forecast period.
Key Cement Market Trend
The use of alternative fuels is the major trend influencing the cement market growth. Construction and demolition wastes such as demolition wood, used carpets, and old asphalt shingles are also commonly used as low-carbon alternative fuels. A cement kiln is generally operated with coal. The use of alternative fuels in cement kilns mitigates carbon dioxide emissions during the cement production process. Waste is exchanged for the cement kiln, replacing a quantity of coal in proportion to its calorific value. The net decrease in carbon dioxide emissions is prominent from replacing coal with waste in cement kilns. An overall reduction in the quantity of carbon dioxide emissions reduces the environmental impact of the greenhouse effect during the combustion of wastes. The application of alternative fuels in cement manufacturing is beneficial for two reasons, one for the conservation of non-renewable resources and the other for the reduction of waste disposal requirements.
Key Cement Market Challenge
An increase in construction costs is a major hindrance to the cement market growth. The construction industry uses building materials such as stainless steel, hardened steel, cast iron, cement, concrete, bricks, aggregates, and other construction materials. The cost of cement is about 1%-15% of the total construction cost and other materials account for 25%-30% of the total construction cost. The availability of these materials creates a cycle of variable pricing wherein the increase in prices of one building material increases the total cost of construction, leading to the requirement of additional investments in the overall construction costs. For instance, if steel prices increase, the cost of construction will increase; as a result, the cost of building will also increase. This increase in the cost of one segment will raise the overall building cost, which can be a major challenge for builders and construction companies. The construction players in European nations such as the UK, France, and Germany are economically strong and can manage price hikes in ongoing construction projects. However, African countries such as Nigeria and Namibia are unable to control such price hikes because of the unstable economy of these countries.
This cement market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global cement market as a part of the global construction materials market within the global materials market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the cement market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Cement Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Adelaide Brighton Ltd.
- Argos Ltd.
- Cementir Holding NV
- CEMEX SAB de CV
- China National Building Material Co. Ltd.
- HeidelbergCement AG
- LafargeHolcim Ltd.
- Taiheiyo Cement Corp.
- The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd.
- Votorantim SA
This statistical study of the cement market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The cement market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The cement market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Cement Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the cement market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global construction materials market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Cement Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
71% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and Indonesia are the key markets for the cement market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Growing industrialization, rapid urbanization, and increasing infrastructure development will facilitate the cement market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the growth of several industries in APAC, including the construction industry, as many projects were put on hold, primarily during the first half of 2020. This can be majorly attributed to the imposition of lockdowns n the region to contain the spread of COVID-19. In addition, the delay in infrastructure development projects, including road, bridge, and tunnel constructions, impacted the demand for cement. Furthermore, construction activities in India have been halted again due to the outbreak of the second wave of COVID-19 in the country. As of June 6, 2021, India registered over 28 million COVID-19 cases. Several states in the country are under partial or complete lockdown, which is disrupting the construction activities in the country. These factors will impact the demand for cement in the region in 2021.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Cement Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The cement market share growth by the residential segment will be significant during the forecast period. The new multifamily housing projects will continue to make up a large share of new residential units. In addition, the biggest rise in new residential units is likely to come up in APAC and MEA. More than 37.8 million new housing units will be developed in APAC during the forecast period, representing more than 60% of the global share in 2021.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the cement market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Cement Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.34%
Market growth 2021-2025
749.21 million tons
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 71%
Key consumer countries
China, India, US, Indonesia, and Vietnam
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Adelaide Brighton Ltd., Argos Ltd., Cementir Holding NV, CEMEX SAB de CV, China National Building Material Co. Ltd., HeidelbergCement AG, LafargeHolcim Ltd., Taiheiyo Cement Corp., The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd., and Votorantim SA
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Cement Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive cement market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the cement market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the cement industry across APAC, North America, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of cement market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Construction materials market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End user
- 5.3 Residential construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Residential construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 18: Residential construction - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Non-residential construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Non-residential construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 20: Non-residential construction - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Infrastructure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Infrastructure - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 22: Infrastructure - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by End user
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by End user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million tons)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography (million tons)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Adelaide Brighton Ltd.
- Exhibit 45: Adelaide Brighton Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Adelaide Brighton Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Adelaide Brighton Ltd.– Key news
- Exhibit 48: Adelaide Brighton Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 49: Adelaide Brighton Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Argos Ltd.
- Exhibit 50: Argos Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Argos Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: Argos Ltd.– Key news
- Exhibit 53: Argos Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Cementir Holding NV
- Exhibit 54: Cementir Holding NV - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Cementir Holding NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Cementir Holding NV – Key news
- Exhibit 57: Cementir Holding NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Cementir Holding NV - Segment focus
- 10.6 CEMEX SAB de CV
- Exhibit 59: CEMEX SAB de CV - Overview
- Exhibit 60: CEMEX SAB de CV - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: CEMEX SAB de CV – Key news
- Exhibit 62: CEMEX SAB de CV - Key offerings
- 10.7 China National Building Material Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 63: China National Building Material Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: China National Building Material Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: China National Building Material Co. Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 66: China National Building Material Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: China National Building Material Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.8 HeidelbergCement AG
- Exhibit 68: HeidelbergCement AG - Overview
- Exhibit 69: HeidelbergCement AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: HeidelbergCement AG – Key news
- Exhibit 71: HeidelbergCement AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: HeidelbergCement AG - Segment focus
- 10.9 LafargeHolcim Ltd.
- Exhibit 73: LafargeHolcim Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: LafargeHolcim Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: LafargeHolcim Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 76: LafargeHolcim Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: LafargeHolcim Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Taiheiyo Cement Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Taiheiyo Cement Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Taiheiyo Cement Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Taiheiyo Cement Corp.– Key news
- Exhibit 81: Taiheiyo Cement Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Taiheiyo Cement Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 83: The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Votorantim SA
- Exhibit 87: Votorantim SA - Overview
- Exhibit 88: Votorantim SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 89: Votorantim SA–Key news
- Exhibit 90: Votorantim SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 91: Votorantim SA - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing investments in road and highway infrastructure projects
- Use of alternative fuels
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.