Global Mobile Ad Spending Market 2016-2020
- Published: Aug 2016
- Pages: 66
- SKU: IRTNTR8682
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report identifies vendors like AdMob, Chartboost, Flurry, InMobi, Millennial Media, and MoPub to be the key players in the global mobile ad spending market. The report includes a detailed segmentation of the market based on type (search ads, display ad, and SMS ads) and geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA).
Overview of the global mobile ad spending market
Research analysts at Technavio predict steady growth in the global mobile ad spending market and estimate that the market will post an impressive CAGR of around 10% by 2020. One of the major factors fostering growth in the mobile ad spending market will be the rapid growth in social media. Social media acts as a larger platform for advertisers and companies to promote and interact with customers online. Customers’ interests, feedback, and rating will be easily analyzed with the help of social media. Users share posts and updates available on the brand’s homepage, creating more interaction and awareness. These tactics will help companies to create a market presence for their products with a larger customer base. Some research results show that approximately 50% of the customers buy mobile phones after acquiring brand information from social media in developed countries. Social media has helped companies to gain a larger customer base and brand loyalty, and this trend will continue to aid in the growth of the mobile ad spending market during the forecast.
The recent trend in the mobile ad spending market is the adoption of virtual reality (VR) techniques to promote brands. VR techniques create a new experience for the customer and help spread awareness of various aspects of the product. Major airlines like Qantas partnered with Samsung to create VRtechniques for in-flight viewing to promote tourism. At present, it has been observed that VR is not just restricted to video gaming anymore; for instance, Facebook has started endorsing 360-degree video ads for better customer experiences.
Competitive Landscape and key vendors
The increasing use of smartphones, apps, and the availability of low-cost data services have prompted an increase in mobile advertisements. To gain market shares, vendors have started investing in app developers and agencies specializing in designing, planning, and branding. The market is highly competitive, and vendors will have to maintain an attractive price range, varied portfolios, and products to survive in the market. The analyst estimates the level of competition to be fairly high during the forecast period.
Key vendors in the mobile ad spending market are:
- Millennial Media
The other prominent vendors in the market are AppNexus, Byyd, Convertro, Criteo, Fiksu, iAd, Kiip, Matomy Media, Mobile Network Group, MobPartner, Tapjoy, PubMatic, RevMob Mobile Ad Network, and RockYou.
Market segmentation by type and analysis of the mobile ad spending market
- Search ads
- Display ads
- SMS ads
During 2015, search ads were the most popular mobile advertising mode and accounted for more than 52% of the market share. Search engine giants like Google and Yahoo are investing in technologies to improve frequently asked questions and keyword searches to facilitate more ads in the web-based platforms. This will help in the optimization of digital marketing, and market researchers predict that this trend will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Market segmentation by geography and the analysis of the mobile ad spending market
Experts at Technavio predict that the Americas will dominate the market and post a CAGR of about 7% by 2020. Modernization will be the key factor contributing to the rising demand for digital marketing in this region. This will result in consumers rapidly shifting towards online shopping. For instance, Walmart has ventured into the online shopping market space to maintain their large customer base and market shares.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global mobile ad spending market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global mobile ad spending market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global mobile ad spending market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global mobile ad spending market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global mobile ad spending market?
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Base year
- Vendor segmentation
- Numerical figures
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Industry overview
- Preference of users in terms of ad positioning
- Flow of mobile ad
- Time spent on mobile phones
- Number of smartphone users
PART 06: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Market segmentation by type
- Global mobile ad spending market by type
- Global mobile ad spending market by search ads
- Global mobile ad spending market by display ads
- Global mobile ad spending market by SMS ads
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Global mobile ad spending market by region
- Mobile ad spending market in Americas
- Mobile advertising market in APAC
- Mobile advertising market in EMEA
PART 09: Global mobile ad spending market penetration
PART 10: Key leading countries
- Key leading countries in global mobile ad spending market
- Mobile ad spending market in US
- Mobile ad spending market in Germany
- Mobile ad spending market in China
- Mobile ad spending market in UK
- Mobile ad spending market in Japan
PART 11: RTB potential
PART 12: Mobile ad potential
PART 13: Market drivers
- Higher brand recalling capability
- Growth in in-app advertising
- Rapid growth in social media
PART 14: Impact of drivers
PART 15: Market challenges
- Efficient data management
- Rapidly evolving consumer behavior
- Designing ads for mobile devices
PART 16: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 17: Market trends
- Increasing use of QR codes for advertising
- Increasing utilization of VR videos
PART 18: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key highlights
- Other prominent vendors
PART 19: Appendix
- List of abbreviation
PART 20: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.