Mobile Advertising Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jan 2021
- Pages: 121
- SKU: IRTNTR46619
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The mobile advertising market share is expected to increase by USD 111.58 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 9.73%.
This mobile advertising market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers mobile advertising market segmentations by type (display, search, and SMS) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The mobile advertising market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alphabet Inc., AppLovin Corp., Chartboost Inc., Criteo SA, Facebook Inc., InMobi Pte. Ltd., Matomy Media Group Ltd., MOLOCO Inc., Smaato Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc. among others.
What will the Mobile Advertising Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Mobile Advertising Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Mobile Advertising Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growth in in-app advertising is notably driving the mobile advertising market growth, although factors such as rising privacy and security concerns may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the mobile advertising industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Mobile Advertising Market Driver
The growth in in-app advertising is a major factor driving the global mobile advertising market share growth. Mobile phone users spend more than 80% of their time on dedicated apps in comparison to the 20% time spent on browsers on their mobile devices. The high amount of time spent on apps has attracted advertisers to focus on in-app advertisements of their products and services. Also, this platform helps app developers to generate revenue without having to charge the users to use their apps. In-app advertisements are not only cost-effective but also help in reaching a targeted audience based on the data collected through the apps and cache files. Furthermore, accessibility is another important beneficial factor for in-app advertising. Since most users have their phones with them around the clock, wherever they go, it is easy to reach them through in-app mobile advertising. Many brands also engage with their target audience through multiple marketing channels and encourage them to post reviews and provide feedback about their products/services. These factors are propelling the popularity of in-app advertising.
Key Mobile Advertising Market Trend
The rapid growth of programmatic advertising is another factor supporting the global mobile advertising market share growth. Programmatic advertising eliminates the need for middlemen and thus has proven to be a beneficial tool for businesses. It offers a wide range of benefits to advertisers. With the help of programmatic advertising, advertisers can draw insights and adjust advertisements accordingly while a campaign is running, thereby improving its effectiveness. Thus, programmatic advertising helps advertisers communicate with their consumers in a directly unique way and give them a deeper, first-hand understanding of their target audience. Additionally, programmatic advertising is a transparent and real-time tool for the advertisers to track some of the key metrics such as the sites where advertisements are being displayed, associated costs, and the number of consumers viewing their ads. There is no lack of information or unknown in this approach. Due to such reasons, the demand for the market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Key Mobile Advertising Market Challenge
The rising privacy and security concerns will be a major challenge for the global mobile advertising market share growth during the forecast period. In 2019, over 100 million apps were downloaded that carried forms of invasive advertisements used by 5% of all free apps on Google's Android platform which could take data from phones or install software without users' knowledge. Some more aggressive networks collect users' email addresses or phone numbers without permission, while others install icons to home screens, track users' whereabouts, or push advertisements to the notification bar. The lack of transparency on how data is collected leads to anxiety among users about the potential misuse of their data. Unfortunately, although it is unethical to collect information regarding the activities of mobile users, it is difficult for marketers to abandon this practice as the data collected can help them in increasing the accuracy of their targeting. Also, there are instances of a data breach and misuse of data by various third-party companies, which access user data through social media platforms. Therefore, coping with issues related to the privacy and security of users is a major obstacle for the global market's growth.
This mobile advertising market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global mobile advertising market as part of the global advertising market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the mobile advertising market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Mobile Advertising Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alphabet Inc.
- AppLovin Corp.
- Chartboost Inc.
- Criteo SA
- Facebook Inc.
- InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Matomy Media Group Ltd.
- MOLOCO Inc.
- Smaato Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
This statistical study of the mobile advertising market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The mobile advertising market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as offering in-app paid features for free in exchange for watching a video ad to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alphabet Inc.- The company offers a mobile advertising platform that helps to monetize mobile apps through in-app advertising.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The mobile advertising market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Mobile Advertising Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the mobile advertising market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global advertising market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Mobile Advertising Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
60% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, and South Korea (Republic of Korea) are the key markets for the mobile advertising market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in MEA, North America, and South America.
The increasing internet penetration in the region will facilitate the mobile advertising market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Mobile Advertising Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The mobile advertising market share growth by the display segment will be significant during the forecast period. Display ads are pre-designed ads that appear on the websites and use images, audio, and videos to communicate advertising messages to customers. Newer technologies that enable sophisticated surfacing of ads have allowed service providers to host contextual ads. Furthermore, automated real-time bidding (RTB) and programmatic advertising software that allow clients to select slots more efficiently have become popular in the market. These enable the advertisers to choose and bid on the ad spaces that are relevant to their campaign, based on the demographic segmentation of the audience. All these factors are driving the growth of the display segment.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the mobile advertising market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Mobile Advertising Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 9.73%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 111.58 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 60%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Japan, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alphabet Inc., AppLovin Corp., Chartboost Inc., Criteo SA, Facebook Inc., InMobi Pte. Ltd., Matomy Media Group Ltd., MOLOCO Inc., Smaato Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Mobile Advertising Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive mobile advertising market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the mobile advertising market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the mobile advertising industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of mobile advertising market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Advertising market value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.3 Display - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Display - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Display - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Search - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Search - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Search - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 SMS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: SMS - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: SMS - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alphabet Inc.
- Exhibit 45: Alphabet Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 46: Alphabet Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: Alphabet Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: Alphabet Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 AppLovin Corp.
- Exhibit 49: AppLovin Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: AppLovin Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: AppLovin Corp.– Key news
- Exhibit 52: AppLovin Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Chartboost Inc.
- 10.6 Criteo SA
- Exhibit 56: Criteo SA - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Criteo SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: Criteo SA – Key news
- Exhibit 59: Criteo SA - Key offerings
- 10.7 Facebook Inc.
- Exhibit 60: Facebook Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Facebook Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Facebook Inc.– Key news
- Exhibit 63: Facebook Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Exhibit 64: InMobi Pte. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: InMobi Pte. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: InMobi Pte. Ltd.– Key news
- Exhibit 67: InMobi Pte. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Matomy Media Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: Matomy Media Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Matomy Media Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Matomy Media Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 MOLOCO Inc.
- Exhibit 71: MOLOCO Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: MOLOCO Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: MOLOCO Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Smaato Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Smaato Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Smaato Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: Smaato Inc.– Key news
- Exhibit 77: Smaato Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Verizon Communications Inc.
- Exhibit 78: Verizon Communications Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Verizon Communications Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Verizon Communications Inc.– Key news
- Exhibit 81: Verizon Communications Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Verizon Communications Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Growth in in-app advertising
- Rapid growth of programmatic advertising
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts