Intravenous Fluid Bags Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR40565
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The intravenous fluid bags market share is expected to increase by USD 667.51 million from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.67%.
This intravenous fluid bags market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers intravenous fluid bag market segmentations by end-user (hospitals, home healthcare, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and South America). The intravenous fluid bags market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Amcor Ltd., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG, ICU Medical Inc., JW Lifescience Corp., Merit Medical Systems Inc., PolyCine GmbH, Sippex - A MEDIPPEX Co., and Smiths Medical Group Ltd. among others.
What will the Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Intravenous Fluid Bags Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases is notably driving the intravenous fluid bags market growth, although factors such as risks associated with use of iv fluid bags may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the intravenous fluid bags industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Driver
The rising prevalence of chronic diseases is one of the key factors driving the intravenous fluid bags market growth. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that around 795,000 people in the US suffer from a stroke every year. About 87% of these people get ischemic strokes, which leads to blockage of the arteries leading to the brain. In such cases, surgeries such as embolectomy, angioplasty, and surgical arteriovenous malformation repair are performed to remove the blood clot. Chronic conditions such as diabetes are increasing the prevalence of diabetic retinopathy, which can damage the blood vessels of the retina, leading to blindness. Moreover, the rising prevalence of diabetes in the US will increase the number of diabetic retinopathy cases, which will increase the demand for intravenous fluid bags in the market. Similarly, the number of surgeries for breast and ovarian cancer has increased in Australia, driving the demand for intravenous fluid bags in the country. Essentially, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases is driving the global intravenous fluid bags market growth during the forecast period.
Key Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Trend
The technological innovations will fuel the global intravenous fluid bags market growth. Vendors that offer intravenous fluid bags are focused on improving the features of their products. They have developed specialized intravenous blood fluid bags that can withstand low temperatures and offer a high level of safety. For instance, the Reusable Pressure Infusion Bag by Pacific Hospital Supply is a reusable latex-free polyurethane (PU) bag that is used for the infusion of blood, blood plasma, and other liquids. Similarly, in April 2019, Amcor Plc. launched a recyclable, high-barrier flexible packaging, AmLite Ultra Recyclable, for packaging pharmaceutical products. Companies also use this high-barrier flexible packaging product to pack up a range of food, home care, and personal care products. Moreover, the vendors have also developed customized intravenous fluid bags to provide personalized therapeutic solutions. For instance, Technoflex provides 2-CHAMBER BAGS made of DEHP-free or PP material. They are used to provide customized solutions to various applications such as parenteral nutrition and drug reconstruction. Such innovations in intravenous fluid bags drive the global intravenous fluid bags market growth.
Key Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Challenge
The risks associated with the use of intravenous fluid bags are a major challenge for global intravenous fluid bag market growth. Intravenous fluid bags made of PVC contain DEHP chemicals which can leach out through the intravenous fluid solution and cause damage to the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive system. The use of a sodium chloride-containing substance called saline in intravenous bags causes kidney disease. As the disposal of PVC intravenous fluid bags causes an adverse impact on the environment due to the release of harmful gases, disposal of these materials is a growing concern. The incineration of PVC intravenous fluid bags produces toxic hydrochloric acid (HCL), which causes acid rain. The inaccurate monitoring of intravenous fluid in intravenous fluid bags while injecting it into the patient causes a nutrient imbalance in patients. The inappropriate reprocessing and use of reusable intravenous fluid bags also cause health-related issues. Essentially, the risks associated with the use of intravenous fluid bags affect the market growth during the forecast period.
This intravenous fluid bags market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global intravenous fluid bags market as a part of the global healthcare supplies market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the intravenous fluid bags market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Amcor Ltd.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- ICU Medical Inc.
- JW Lifescience Corp.
- Merit Medical Systems Inc.
- PolyCine GmbH
- Sippex - A MEDIPPEX Co.
- Smiths Medical Group Ltd.
This statistical study of the intravenous fluid bags market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The intravenous fluid bags market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as focusing on product innovation and increasing the existing product capabilities to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Amcor Ltd. - The company offers intravenous fluid bags in the form of Surface Nylon VN, Polyolefin P, and Duplex OPET/PP.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The intravenous fluid bags market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the intravenous fluid bags market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare supplies market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Intravenous Fluid Bags Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for intravenous fluid bags market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in South America.
The rising prevalence of chronic diseases will facilitate the intravenous fluid bags market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
Many elective surgeries, such as the appendix, kidney, and gallbladder stone surgeries were postponed for two to three months in early 2020 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. More than 500,000 surgical procedures were either postponed or canceled in 2020, which led to a decline in the adoption of intravenous fluid bags. However, in 2021, the initiation of large-scale vaccination drives has lifted the lockdown and travel restrictions, which led to the resumption of supply chain activities. Such factors are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-User Segments in the Intravenous Fluid Bags Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The intravenous fluid bags market share growth by the hospital segment will be significant during the forecast period. Intravenous fluid bags are used in hospitals, including both multispecialty hospitals and general government hospitals, to provide intravenous solutions to prevent dehydration, maintain blood pressure, and provide medicines or nutrients to patients. Such factors will increase the demand for the market in focus during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the intravenous fluid bags market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.67%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 667.51 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, Canada, and China
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Amcor Ltd., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG, ICU Medical Inc., JW Lifescience Corp., Merit Medical Systems Inc., PolyCine GmbH, Sippex - A MEDIPPEX Co., and Smiths Medical Group Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Intravenous Fluid Bags Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive intravenous fluid bags market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the intravenous fluid bags market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the intravenous fluid bags industry across North America, Europe, APAC, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of intravenous fluid bags market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain: Healthcare supplies
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Hospitals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Hospitals - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Hospitals - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Home healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Home healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Home healthcare - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by End user
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by End user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Competitive scenario
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Amcor Plc
- Exhibit 43: Amcor Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Amcor Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Amcor Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Amcor Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Amcor Plc - Segment focus
- 10.4 B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Exhibit 48: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Overview
- Exhibit 49: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Key news
- Exhibit 51: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Segment focus
- 10.5 Baxter International Inc.
- 10.6 Fresenius Kabi AG
- Exhibit 58: Fresenius Kabi AG - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Fresenius Kabi AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 60: Fresenius Kabi AG - Key news
- Exhibit 61: Fresenius Kabi AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Fresenius Kabi AG - Segment focus
- 10.7 ICU Medical Inc.
- Exhibit 63: ICU Medical Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: ICU Medical Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: ICU Medical Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 66: ICU Medical Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.8 JW Lifescience Corp.
- Exhibit 67: JW Lifescience Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: JW Lifescience Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: JW Lifescience Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Merit Medical Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 70: Merit Medical Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Merit Medical Systems Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Merit Medical Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Merit Medical Systems Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 PolyCine GmbH
- Exhibit 74: PolyCine GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 75: PolyCine GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: PolyCine GmbH - Key offerings
- 10.11 Smiths Group Plc
- Exhibit 77: Smiths Group Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Smiths Group Plc - Product and service
- Exhibit 79: Smiths Group Plc - Key offerings
- 10.12 SSY Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 80: SSY Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: SSY Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: SSY Group Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 83: SSY Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: SSY Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 85: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 86: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 87: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 88: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 89: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- rising prevalence of chronic diseases
- technological innovations
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts