Public Safety LTE Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Dec 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43451
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The public safety LTE market share is expected to increase by USD 4.09 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 23.09%.
This public safety LTE market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers public safety LTE market segmentations by product (eNB, handheld devices, and routers and modules) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The public safety LTE market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Airbus SE, AT and T Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Nokia Corp., Sierra Wireless Inc., and ZTE Corp. among others.
What will the Public Safety LTE Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Public Safety LTE Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Public Safety LTE Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The need for good network capacity to boost market growth is notably driving the public safety LTE market growth, although factors such as high costs of developing and maintaining LTE network infrastructures may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the public safety LTE industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Public Safety LTE Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the public safety LTE market growth is the need for good network capacity to boost market growth. In public safety, LTE is an important factor in mission-critical services. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is being used as a communication standard to ensure a rapid response from the public safety agency to safeguard the safety of those affected by the outbreak. This pandemic's global emergency response has highlighted the importance of LTE mission-critical connectivity. First responders and emergency responders use LTE-enabled networks to deploy diagnostic systems and response teams in military facilities, empty buildings, parking lots, and other first-line-of-defense environments. As a result, the demand for proper network capacity during the pandemic is anticipated to increase the market share of public safety LTE. The use of LTE technology to solve interconnectivity issues, demand for unmanned vehicles, seamless data connectivity, high-quality service, and improved data security provided by LTE technology are driving the public safety LTE market.
Key Public Safety LTE Market Trend
Increasing number of devices supporting LTE and LMR networks is the major trend influencing the public safety LTE market growth. Most public safety devices were equipped with only LMR or PMR features in the past. It was expected that LTE networks would take some time to gain traction in the public safety domain. However, the use of LTE for public security is increasing at a much faster pace in the commercial space. Commercial networks are being deployed worldwide, and consumers are buying LTE-enabled devices. LTE is being used for the safety and security of the crew that works on onshore and offshore oil exploration projects in the US. LMR devices will give companies a competitive edge as they can easily switch between technologies depending on the requirement. The integration of LTE and LMR into a single device will ensure seamless operations.
Key Public Safety LTE Market Challenge
High costs of developing and maintaining LTE network infrastructures is one of the key challenges hindering the public safety LTE market growth. End-user devices, radio access networks (RANs), backhaul networks, Evolved Packet Core (EPC), and operation support systems are the main components of PS-LTE solutions. These solutions are customized to the purposes and requirements of the public safety agents and authorities. A public safety concept requires a dedicated LTE frequency that has been cleared of any previous service. It requires extended planning cycles and significant investments. Developing and maintaining a dedicated network requires high initial costs. If the allocated spectrum band is not used in the commercial sector, the entire system's costs/CAPEX, including network elements and devices, will increase. PSAPs' operating capacity may be limited in some countries due to the narrowband spectrum designated for public safety applications. As a result, public safety authorities must develop service level agreement (SLA) with mobile network operators to specify the trade-off between coverage, availability, and prioritizing mission-critical application resilience needs.
This public safety LTE market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global public safety LTE market as a part of the global communications equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the public safety LTE market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Public Safety LTE Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Airbus SE
- AT and T Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc.
- Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Nokia Corp.
- Sierra Wireless Inc.
- ZTE Corp.
This statistical study of the public safety LTE market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The public safety LTE market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as investing heavily in R&D to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Airbus SE - The company offers public safety LTE solution namely Tactilon Agnet to manage emergency situations, as well as identify and prevent crimes.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The public safety LTE market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Public Safety LTE Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the public safety LTE market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Public Safety LTE Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
38% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key market for public safety LTE in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in other regions.
The public safety LTE market in North America will grow at a noteworthy rate during the forecast period due to the favorable conditions prevalent here. North America is the primary contributor to the growth of the overall market due to awareness and the presence of public safety technologies in this region. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the region initiated a lockdown to control the spread, resulting in affected supply chains and the shutdown of factories. Due to this, manufacturers found it difficult to find a vendor who was willing to supply LTE (4G), mainly because of social distancing norms. For instance, Ericsson (Sweden) reported that the COVID-19 pandemic had affected its sales and service delivery due to the lockdown and travel restrictions imposed by governments to curb the effects of the pandemic. The adoption of public safety LTEs is expected to increase significantly. In Q4 2020, the governments of most countries in the region initiated vaccination drives, which subsequently led to a reduced number of COVID-19 cases and led to the lifting of lockdown and travel restrictions. Such factors are anticipated to support the growth of the public safety LTE market in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Public Safety LTE Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The public safety LTE market share growth by the eNB will be significant during the forecast period. eNB is a key component in LTE networks and has been successful in data-intensive markets worldwide. Samsung offers network operators with a compact and high-capacity solution that can be easily deployed across existing networks to offer 4G mobile services. The unrivaled performance of this technology creates an enhanced end-user experience. This technology enables operators to improve outdoor and indoor LTE coverage efficiently and economically, thereby driving the demand of this segment.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the public safety LTE market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
You may be interested in the regional reports:
US Public Safety LTE market - the market share will grow impressively and will post a staggering CAGR of more than 19% during the forecast period.
Public Safety LTE Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 23.09%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 4.09 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 38%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, China, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Airbus SE, AT and T Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc., Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Nokia Corp., Sierra Wireless Inc., and ZTE Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Public Safety LTE Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive public safety LTE market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the public safety LTE market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the public safety LTE industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of public safety LTE market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Communications Equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 eNB - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: eNB - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: eNB - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Handheld devices - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Handheld devices - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Handheld devices - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Routers and modules - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Routers and modules - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Routers and modules - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive landscape
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Airbus SE
- 10.4 AT and T Inc.
- Exhibit 49: AT and T Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: AT and T Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: AT and T Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: AT and T Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 53: Cisco Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Cisco Systems Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: Cisco Systems Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 57: General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 60: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Huawei Investment and Holding Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.8 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 64: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Exhibit 68: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Motorola Solutions Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 71: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Motorola Solutions Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Nokia Corp.
- Exhibit 73: Nokia Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Nokia Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Nokia Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: Nokia Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Sierra Wireless Inc.
- Exhibit 77: Sierra Wireless Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Sierra Wireless Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Sierra Wireless Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 80: Sierra Wireless Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Sierra Wireless Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 ZTE Corp.
- Exhibit 82: ZTE Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: ZTE Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: ZTE Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: ZTE Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Need for good network capacity to boost market growth
- Increasing number of devices supporting LTE and LMR networks
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts