Dental Surgical Equipment Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44110
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The dental surgical equipment market share is expected to increase by USD 1.4 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.86%.
This dental surgical equipment market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers dental surgical equipment market segmentations by product (dental systems and equipment and dental lasers) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The dental surgical equipment market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 3M Co., 3Shape AS, A-dec Inc., Carestream Dental LLC, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., Henry Schein Inc., Planmeca Group, Straumann Holding AG, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. among others.
What will the Dental Surgical Equipment Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Dental Surgical Equipment Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Dental Surgical Equipment Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors is notably driving the dental surgical equipment market growth, although factors such as the high cost of dental equipment may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the dental surgical equipment industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Dental Surgical Equipment Market Driver
The increasing prevalence of dental disorders is a major factor driving the dental surgical equipment market growth. Several dental disorders, such as periodontal disease, dental caries, and oral cancer, are becoming more common worldwide. Despite efforts to lower the prevalence of dental caries, it is on the rise. On average, tooth decay affects seven out of ten schoolchildren and nearly all adults around the world. Oral cancer is becoming more prevalent in many countries. The predicted number of instances of lip and oral cavity cancer in people globally is expected to rise by 54 percent between 2018 and 2040. With age, the prevalence of certain dental problems rises dramatically. Globally, the elderly population is rapidly increasing as average life expectancy rises. Globally, there were around 650 million individuals aged 65 and up in 2018, with that figure predicted to rise to approximately 910 million by 2030. In addition, the full loss of natural teeth is becoming more typical among the elderly. Three out of every ten persons between the ages of 65 and 74 have no natural teeth. Therefore, the growth of the market will be positively driven during the forecast period.
Key Dental Surgical Equipment Market Trend
The steady growth in the number of dentists and dental practices is a key trend influencing the dental surgical equipment market growth. The number of practicing dentists in several developed as well as developing countries is steadily increasing. This is attributed to the growth in the number of dental schools, an increasing number of enrollments in dental schools, financial aid programs for dental students, and increased demand for dental services. The increased demand for dental practitioners is mainly attributed to the rising prevalence of dental diseases, coupled with the increasing awareness about the importance of oral health. According to the world dental demographics in 2019, the total number of dentists in 73 countries was 703,947 globally. As of 2020, there are 201,117 dentists working in dentistry in the U.S. Moreover, favorable reimbursements and tax benefits offered by many countries influence the dental surgical equipment market growth. Many countries offer dental services for free or at subsidized costs. Countries such as Austria, Mexico, Poland, Spain, and Turkey cover the total cost of dental services. Due to such reasons, the market will continue to grow.
Key Dental Surgical Equipment Market Challenge
The high cost of dental equipment is a major challenge impacting the dental surgical equipment market growth. The high cost of dental surgical equipment limits its adoption among end-users. For instance: Depending upon the features and level of technology, chairside dental milling units can cost more than $80,000. The average price of an advanced dental chair can cost more than $7,000. Depending on the features, delivery systems, wavelengths, and add-on components, a dental laser can cost $6,000-$80,000. End-users also must bear the costs of the maintenance and repair of all the above-mentioned devices. In countries such as the US, the annual earnings of dentists have declined during the last decade. Establishing a dental clinic in the country costs more than $250,000. Additionally, the median overheads for all dental practices in the country are around 75%. Hence, dental professionals are reluctant to bear the additional financial burden of adopting advanced dental surgical equipment. Furthermore, with the rising costs, many small and standalone dental facilities are increasingly opting for refurbished dental equipment. This is because these devices provide significant cost savings when compared with new dental equipment. Essentially, the market growth will be hampered due to these factors.
This dental surgical equipment market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global dental surgical equipment market as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the dental surgical equipment market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Dental Surgical Equipment Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 3M Co.
- 3Shape AS
- A-dec Inc.
- Carestream Dental LLC
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- Envista Holdings Corp.
- Henry Schein Inc.
- Planmeca Group
- Straumann Holding AG
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
This statistical study of the dental surgical equipment market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The dental surgical equipment market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as building a strong customer base by distributing their products worldwide through subsidiaries and other distribution channels to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 3M Co.-The company offers dental equipment such as 3M RelyX Fiber Post Drill, 3M Soflex Mandrels Refill, 3M RotoMix Capsule Mixing Unit and more.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The dental surgical equipment market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Dental Surgical Equipment Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the dental surgical equipment market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Dental Surgical Equipment Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
38% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is a key market for dental surgical equipment market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The significant increase in the adoption of dental equipment by enterprises across industries in countries will facilitate the global dental surgical equipment market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Dental Surgical Equipment Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The dental surgical equipment market share growth in the dental systems and equipment segment will be significant during the forecast period. Dental systems and equipment include a wide range of Computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) dental equipment, dental chairs, and other dental devices such as dental delivery devices and dental instruments. The expanding product portfolio is expected to accelerate the growth of the other dental equipment segment of the global dental surgical equipment market during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the dental surgical equipment market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Dental Surgical Equipment Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.86%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.4 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 38%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, China, Japan, France, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
3M Co., 3Shape AS, A-dec Inc., Carestream Dental LLC, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., Envista Holdings Corp., Henry Schein Inc., Planmeca Group, Straumann Holding AG, and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Dental Surgical Equipment Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive dental surgical equipment market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the dental surgical equipment market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the dental surgical equipment industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of dental surgical equipment market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare Equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Dental systems and equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Dental systems and equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Dental systems and equipment - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Dental lasers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Dental lasers - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Dental lasers - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 41: 3M Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 42: 3M Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 43: 3M Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 44: 3M Co. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 45: 3Shape AS - Overview
- Exhibit 46: 3Shape AS - Product and service
- Exhibit 47: 3Shape AS-Key news
- Exhibit 48: 3Shape AS - Key offerings
- 10.3 3M
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing prevalence of dental diseases and related risk factors
- Technological advances and new product launches
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts