Language Services Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR40429
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The market share is expected to increase by USD 9.72 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.26%.
This market research report provides valuable insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers market segmentation by end-user (healthcare, ICT, BFSI, government, and others) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Atlas Language Service Inc., Globe language Services Inc., Lionbridge Technologies Inc., RWS Holdings Plc, SDL Plc, Semantix International AB, Summa Linguae Technologies, Teleperformance SE, TransPerfect Global Inc., and Welocalize Inc. among others.
What will the Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and after post COVID-19 era. The technology adoption to enhance language translation process efficiency is notably driving the market growth, although factors such as may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Language Services Market Driver
Technology adoption to enhance language translation process efficiency is a key driving factor impacting the global language services market growth. A major market driver is an increasing demand for CAT software. The TM is a database used to save words from the source content along with their associated translations. TM stores previously translated data and offer crowd assistance to provide translations that are consistent in terms of grammar, phrasing, and spelling. The CAT software typically consists of tools such as TM, phrase directories, and other terminology-related databases. In addition to this, the growing demand for TMS further drives the growth of the market. Corporate organizations are increasingly opting for effective and efficient TMS software. TMS helps speed up the process of localization and ensure high-quality translation. They provide a shared platform for collaboration along with built-in features to ensure good quality translations. Such factors will increase the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Language Services Market Trend
Increased emphasis on transcreation is a key trend impacting the global language services market growth. Unlike direct translations, transcreation involves additional content adaptation and customized imagery. It helps marketers connect with the target market. It uses the process of translation as well as copywriting. It plays a significant role in the global social media campaign and enhances the impact of the language. These end-to-end solutions range from cross-border campaign planning to the delivery of multilingual marketing material. Coca-Cola, as a brand, has used transcreation to provide dedicated websites for each of its country-specific markets. The layout, visuals, and content are different for each country. Similarly, Red Bull uses the concept of transcreation to change the color of its energy drink cans for the Chinese market. Red Bull drinks in China are provided in golden color cans with red bulls and black writing as red and gold are significant colors in Chinese culture.
Key Language Services Market Challenge
Open-source language service tools will be a key challenge negatively impacting the global language services market growth. A major factor hindering the growth of the market is the increased advent of open-source translation services. There are several vendors that provide open-source translation services, most of which are provided online. As a result, many small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) opt for open source translational services. The availability of much free translational software available across the internet ranging from free CAT tools to MT engines further pressurizes vendors? pricing strategy. The company provides free translations of websites and web pages along with the free translation of emails and files. The advent of free, open-source translation services is most likely to reduce the price of language translation products during the forecast period, thereby hindering the growth of the market.
This market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global language services market is a part of the global IT consulting and other services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the global IT consulting and other services market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Atlas Language Service Inc.
- Globe Language Services Inc.
- Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
- RWS Holdings Plc
- SDL Plc
- Semantix International AB
- Summa Linguae Technologies
- Teleperformance SE
- TransPerfect Global Inc.
- Welocalize Inc.
This statistical study of the market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ?Acolad? - The company offers the language services such as professional translation and learning services.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global IT consulting and other services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
31% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for the market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The major factor catering to the growth of the market is the increasing globalization of businesses in Asian markets which will facilitate the market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 had a significant impact on the economic growth of APAC in 2020. Over 100 countries in this region imposed lockdown by the end of March 2020. Such initiatives adversely impacted the operation of various end-use industries enhancing the demand for virtual interpreting services. Most of the offices were operating through work from home, which reduced the usual demand for on-site language services. However, with gradual control of the spread of the disease, coupled with vaccine drives, the regional market in focus is expected to recover during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth in the healthcare segment will be significant during the forecast period. Developments in the healthcare industry will effectively contribute to the growth of this market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.26%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 9.72 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 31%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, China, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Atlas Language Service Inc., Globe language Services Inc., Lionbridge Technologies Inc., RWS Holdings Plc, SDL Plc, Semantix International AB, Summa Linguae Technologies, Teleperformance SE, TransPerfect Global Inc., and Welocalize Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: IT consulting and other services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Healthcare - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 ICT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: ICT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: ICT - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: BFSI - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 24: Government - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Impact of COVID-19 on end-users
- 5.9 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 28: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 44: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 47: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Acolad
- Exhibit 49: Acolad - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Acolad - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: Acolad - Key offerings
- 10.4 APPEN Ltd.
- Exhibit 52: APPEN Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: APPEN Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: APPEN Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 55: APPEN Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: APPEN Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Iyuno SDI Group
- Exhibit 57: Iyuno SDI Group - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Iyuno SDI Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Iyuno SDI Group - Key news
- Exhibit 60: Iyuno SDI Group - Key offerings
- 10.6 Keywords Studios Plc
- Exhibit 61: Keywords Studios Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Keywords Studios Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: Keywords Studios Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 64: Keywords Studios Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Keywords Studios Plc - Segment focus
- 10.7 LanguageLine Solutions
- Exhibit 66: LanguageLine Solutions - Overview
- Exhibit 67: LanguageLine Solutions - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: LanguageLine Solutions - Key offerings
- 10.8 Lionbridge Technologies LLC
- Exhibit 69: Lionbridge Technologies LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Lionbridge Technologies LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Lionbridge Technologies LLC - Key offerings
- 10.9 SDL Ltd.
- Exhibit 72: SDL Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: SDL Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: SDL Ltd.- Key news
- Exhibit 75: SDL Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: SDL Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Star Group
- Exhibit 77: Star Group - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Star Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 79: Star Group - Key offerings
- 10.11 TransPerfect Global Inc.
- Exhibit 80: TransPerfect Global Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: TransPerfect Global Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 82: TransPerfect Global Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 83: TransPerfect Global Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Welocalize Inc.
- Exhibit 84: Welocalize Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 85: Welocalize Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 86: Welocalize Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Technology adoption to enhance language translation process efficiency
- Expected rise in demand for temperature-sensitive products
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts