Laptop Carry Case Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44016
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The laptop carry case market share is expected to increase by USD 2.70 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 1.39%.
This laptop carry case market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers laptop carry case market segmentations by distribution channel (offline and online) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The laptop carry case market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ACCO Brands Corp., Elecom Co. Ltd, Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd., Lenovo Group Ltd., Samsonite International SA, Sanwa Supply Inc., Targus Inc., Thule Group AB, United States Luggage Co. LLC, and Wenger SA among others.
What will the Laptop Carry Case Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Laptop Carry Case Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Laptop Carry Case Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased demand for lightweight bags is notably driving the laptop carry case market growth, although factors such as rising labor cost and fluctuating raw material prices may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the laptop carry case industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Laptop Carry Case Market Driver
The increased demand for lightweight bags is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global laptop carry case market. Laptop bag users, especially business and corporate users, seek lightweight laptop bags that are best suited for travel. This is because of the continuous enforcement of strict weight regulations and sharply rising fares on luggage by the airline industry. To address this growing demand, vendors operating in the market are introducing lightweight laptop bags by using high-end technology and hard-sided materials. For instance, the port checkpoint-friendly 15.6" air traveler laptop case by Targus is a lightweight business bag with leather-wrapped handles and a non-slip shoulder and a trolley strap for attachment to rolling luggage. It is equipped with a zip-down workstation that has business card holders, dedicated file sections, pen loops, multiple accessory compartments, and a key clip to keep items safe and organized. United States Luggage, through its subsidiary New York Solo, offers Solo Duane 15.6 Inch Laptop Hybrid Briefcase, which is lightweight and comes with adjustable straps that allow the users to carry it in multiple ways. This laptop bag is made of high-end materials and smart design engineering.
Key Laptop Carry Case Market Trend
The growing demand for travel, business, and laptop bags at airports will fuel the global laptop carry case market growth. The demand for travel, business, and laptop bags is an emerging trend and is expected to consecutively drive the market during the forecast period. The global airport retail market was expected to grow by over one-third during 2019-2024. Travelers usually prefer buying discretionary and premium products such as bags and carry cases through duty-free stores at airports. This is because they get easy access to brands that are not easily available, and they offer lower prices than local retail stores. Globally, airport retailing is a popular concept. One of the reasons for this is the renovation of most major airports with large dedicated areas for retail stores and shopping centers. Other factors, such as two-hour prior check-ins, delayed flights, and last-minute shopping, also contribute to this growing market. In addition, with the growing implementation of tasks such as remote bag-drop and remote check-ins, airports have more physical space, which could be used for non-aviation activities such as shopping and dining. Many national and international brands such as Samsonite have established outlets in domestic and international terminals across the country.
Key Laptop Carry Case Market Challenge
The rising labor cost and fluctuating raw material prices are major challenges for the global laptop carry case market growth. International vendors of laptop carry cases, such as Foxconn, ACCO Brands, Samsonite, Sanwa Supply, and Targus, have their factories or original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in Asian countries, such as China, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. The labor costs in these countries have grown rapidly in the last decade. Hence, increased labor costs have pushed the production cost. Changing economic conditions also adversely affect the labor costs of other international countries from where these companies import supplies. Therefore, an increase in the production cost of the vendors lowers their profit margins and proves to be a challenge for the vendors in the market. To overcome this situation, vendors adopt and invest in new technologies and innovative collaborations and automate their manufacturing process. Moreover, transportation costs are incurred in the supply of raw materials to factories, the supply of intermediary goods to production sites, transportation of end products to warehouses, and delivery of finished goods to end-users. They include taxes, duties, and fuel prices. The major portion of the transportation cost consists of the cost of fuel which fluctuates frequently.
This laptop carry case market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global laptop carry case market as a part of the global apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market within the textiles, apparel, and luxury goods market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the laptop carry case market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Laptop Carry Case Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ACCO Brands Corp.
- Elecom Co. Ltd
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd.
- Lenovo Group Ltd.
- Samsonite International SA
- Sanwa Supply Inc.
- Targus Inc.
- Thule Group AB
- United States Luggage Co. LLC
- Wenger SA
This statistical study of the laptop carry case market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The laptop carry case market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ACCO Brands Corp. - The company offers a wide range of laptop carry cases such as backpacks, briefcases, totes, rollers, and sleeves through its subsidiary Kensington Computer Products Group.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The laptop carry case market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Laptop Carry Case Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the laptop carry case market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Laptop Carry Case Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
67% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for the laptop carry case market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The increased demand for lightweight bags will facilitate the laptop carry case market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market in APAC witnessed various challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Some of the countries in the region announced stringent measures such as lockdowns and travel restrictions. Such measures resulted in a halt in operations and reduced demand, which lowered the CAPEX on discretionary and accessory goods manufacturing and development. However, in 2021, the initiation of large-scale vaccination drives?lifted the lockdown and travel restrictions, which led to the resumption of supply chain activities. Such factors are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Distribution channel Segments in the Laptop Carry Case Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The laptop carry case market share growth by the offline segment will be significant during the forecast period. The revenue of the offline distribution channel comes from the sales of products through specialty stores (including exclusive brand stores, multi-brand stores, personal goods stores, and IT peripheral stores); hypermarkets, supermarkets, and clubhouse stores; and department stores.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the laptop carry case market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Laptop Carry Case Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 1.39%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.70 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 67%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, Germany, and France
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ACCO Brands Corp., Elecom Co. Ltd, Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd., Lenovo Group Ltd., Samsonite International SA, Sanwa Supply Inc., Targus Inc., Thule Group AB, United States Luggage Co. LLC, and Wenger SA
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Laptop Carry Case Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive laptop carry case market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the laptop carry case market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the laptop carry case industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of laptop carry case market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Apparel, accessories, and luxury goods market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Distribution channel
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Distribution channel - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Distribution channel
- 5.3 Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Offline - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Online - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Distribution channel
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive scenario
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- 9.4 Industry risks
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ACCO Brands Corp.
- Exhibit 43: ACCO Brands Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: ACCO Brands Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: ACCO Brands Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 46: ACCO Brands Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: ACCO Brands Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Elecom Co. Ltd
- Exhibit 48: Elecom Co. Ltd - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Elecom Co. Ltd - Product and service
- Exhibit 50: Elecom Co. Ltd - Key offerings
- 10.5 Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd.
- Exhibit 51: Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 53: Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.6 Lenovo Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 54: Lenovo Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 55: Lenovo Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 56: Lenovo Group Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 57: Lenovo Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Lenovo Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Samsonite International SA
- Exhibit 59: Samsonite International SA - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Samsonite International SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Samsonite International SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Samsonite International SA - Segment focus
- 10.8 Sanwa Supply Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Sanwa Supply Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Sanwa Supply Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Sanwa Supply Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Targus Inc.
- Exhibit 66: Targus Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Targus Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Targus Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Thule Group AB
- Exhibit 69: Thule Group AB - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Thule Group AB - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Thule Group AB – Key news
- Exhibit 72: Thule Group AB - Key offerings
- 10.11 United States Luggage Co. LLC
- Exhibit 73: United States Luggage Co. LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 74: United States Luggage Co. LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: United States Luggage Co. LLC - Key offerings
- 10.12 Wenger SA
- Exhibit 76: Wenger SA - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Wenger SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: Wenger SA - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 79: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 80: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 81: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 82: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 83: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increased demand for lightweight bags
- Growing demand for travel, business, and laptop bags at airports
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts