The low and medium capacity gas generator market share is expected to increase by USD 3.48 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will decelerate at a CAGR of 12.48%.
The market research report provides valuable insights into the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers market segmentation by End-user (residential, commercial, and industrial), application (stationary and portable), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
The low and medium-capacity gas generator market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Atlas Copco AB, AVK-SEG (UK) Ltd., Briggs and Stratton LLC, Caterpillar Inc., Champion Power Equipment Inc., Cummins Inc., Generac Power Systems Inc., Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Rolls-Royce Plc, and Yanmar Holdings Co. Ltd. among others.
Atlas Copco AB - The company offers two types of gas generators namely IP range and P range generators. Under the compressor technique segment, the company offers compressed air solutions, industrial compressors, gas and process compressors and expanders, air and gas treatment equipment, air management systems, and service through a global network.
What will the Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Get the Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Size Forecast by Downloading the Report Sample
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global low and medium capacity gas generator market as a part of the global industrial machinery market. Our research report extensively covers external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the market during the forecast period.
Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post-COVID-19 era. The rising preference for gas generators is notably driving the low and medium-capacity gas generator market growth, although factors such as volatility in natural gas prices may impede the market growth. Our researchers analyzed the data with 2022 as the base year, along with the key drivers, trends, and challenges. A holistic analysis of drivers will help companies refine their marketing strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
Key Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Driver
- One of the key factors driving growth in the low and medium-capacity gas generator market is the rising preference for gas generators.
- Gas generators run on a clean fuel source (natural gas, CNG, and LPG). They are refilled using gas pipelines coming from utilities, unlike diesel which needs to be stored, maintained properly, and refilled.
- With growing demand, gas generator manufacturers have taken care of such issues and begun manufacturing gas generators that meet the 10-second startup requirement for backup power.
- Improvements in gas generator design and production, the plummeting cost of natural gas, new regulations that prohibit sooty noisy engines, and on-site fuel storage have made natural gas generators popular.
Key Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Challenge
- The volatility in natural gas prices will be a major challenge for the low and medium-capacity gas generator market during the forecast period. The prices of natural gas have experienced several peaks and troughs in the last decade, making it a very unstable commodity.
- The fluctuations in the prices of natural gas have vaguely been following a trend, which is called the crude oil price cycle. However, it is difficult to predict with certainty when the price of crude oil will rise or fall.
- The volatility in natural gas prices impacts the profits of oil and gas companies, subsequently producing a domino effect. Hence, if the selling price drops, production will also decrease.
This market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Value Chain Analysis
Our In-house experts produce extensive information on the value chain and parent market of the low and medium capacity gas generator market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The Value Chain information provides an end-to-end understanding of product insight and profit and also optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The players across the value chain include selective data and analysis from entire research findings as per the scope of the report.
Which are the Key Regions for Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market?
Get a glance at the market share of various regions by Requesting a PDF Sample now!
33% of the market’s growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for low and medium capacity gas generators in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in the South American regions.
The easy availability of natural gas and discoveries of shale gas in the US has resulted in a decrease in initial investments required for the supply infrastructure of natural gas. This has helped the region witness a growth in demand for low and medium capacity gas generators. This will facilitate market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What is the Fastest-Growing End-user Segment in the Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market?
To gain insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a PDF Sample
The market share growth by the residential segment will be significant during the forecast period. The residential segment is a noteworthy end-user of low and medium capacity gas generators, especially in the portable generator segment. For single households, low and medium capacity portable gas generators are sufficient. As the size of the household increases, people either opt for multiple portable units or single low and medium capacity stationary gas generators with higher output power capacities.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Decelerate at a CAGR of 12.48%
Market growth 2021-2025
USD 3.48 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 33%
US, Canada, UK, Germany, and China
Leading companies, Competitive Strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Atlas Copco AB, AVK-SEG (UK) Ltd., Briggs and Stratton LLC, Caterpillar Inc., Champion Power Equipment Inc., Cummins Inc., Generac Power Systems Inc., Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Rolls-Royce Plc, and Yanmar Holdings Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Request PDF sample
What are the Key Data Covered in this Low and Medium Capacity Gas Generator Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period
- Detailed information on factors that will drive market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behaviour
- The growth of the market industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that will challenge the growth of market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2020
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Application
- Market segments
- Comparison by Application
- Stationary - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Portable - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Market opportunity by Application
Market Segmentation by End-user
- Market segments
- Comparison by End-user
- Residential - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Market opportunity by End-user
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Atlas Copco AB
- AVK-SEG (UK) Ltd.
- Briggs and Stratton LLC
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Champion Power Equipment Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Generac Power Systems Inc.
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd.
- Rolls-Royce Plc
- Yanmar Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape