Spa Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44687
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The spa market share is expected to increase by USD 22.08 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6%.
This spa market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers spa market segmentation by type (day/club/salon spa, hotel/resort spa, destination spa, medical spa, and others) and geography (Europe, APAC, North America, South America, and MEA). The spa market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Aspira Spa, Cal-a-Vie Health Spa, Gaia Retreat & Spa, Hand & Stone Franchise Corp., HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA, Kempinski Hotels SA, Lanserhof GmbH, Marriott International Inc., ME SPE Franchising LLC, and Rancho La Puerta Inc. among others.
What will the Spa Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Spa Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Spa Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increase in adoption of facial, body, and hair treatments in spas is notably driving the spa market growth, although factors such as fragmented market may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the spa industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Spa Market Driver
One of the key factors driving growth in the spa market growth is the increase in the adoption of facial, body, and hair treatments in spas. The increase in facial, body, and hair spa treatments is driving the market. Spa facial treatments include steam, exfoliation, moisturizers, masks, peels, and massages. They also offer treatments such as reducing puffiness and dark circles around the eyes. Spas also offer body treatments, which include aqua therapy, body wraps, body polishes, and Vichy showers. The adoption of facial, body, and hair treatments in spas is growing owing to the factors such as acne problems, hair loss problems, growing awareness about the beauty, and increasing awareness of wellness services. During the forecast period, the vendors are expected to introduce more facial, body, and hair spa treatments.
Key Spa Market Trend
The increase in the availability of flotation therapy spa services is another factor supporting the spa market share growth. The concept of flotation therapy is based on suspending gravity. This trend is rising with the increased use of weightless, saltwater, stress-and mind-melting flotation tanks, rooms, and pools at spas. This has several medical benefits that include addressing stress, chronic pain, headache, swelling, depression, and blood pressure. This also energizes the body, regulates blood circulation, and improves skin. The temperature of water and air for this treatment is kept at a particular range, which is neutral for the skin. Specific flotation tanks, which are dark and soundproof, are used for this therapy. Consumers availing of this treatment float on warm water and relax during this therapy. The trend of using flotation pools is increasing in most spas.
Key Spa Market Challenge
The fragmented market will be a major challenge for the spa market growth during the forecast period. The global spa market is a fragmented market with no single player having a major share. The unorganized nature of the market is another challenge that does not allow the big players to have a strong influence on the total revenue. The presence of various well-established local brands also makes the geographical expansion of the global players difficult. The market is highly competitive, with small companies focusing on a single type of service to large multinational corporations that offer spa services. The competitors vary by region and service and compete primarily on parameters like price, brand recognition, and service. However, this high competition proves challenging for the new entrants. This compels them to design different ways to attract customers. Creating innovative marketing strategies and messages by the players has become challenging as the market is highly fragmented.
This spa market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global spa market as a part of the global leisure facilities market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the spa market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Spa Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Aspira Spa
- Cal-a-Vie Health Spa
- Gaia Retreat & Spa
- Hand & Stone Franchise Corp.
- HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA
- Kempinski Hotels SA
- Lanserhof GmbH
- Marriott International Inc.
- ME SPE Franchising LLC
- Rancho La Puerta Inc.
This statistical study of the spa market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The spa market is fragmented and the vendors are adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
Aspira Spa - The company offers a line of services such as massages, facials, dynamic envelopments for the body, the healing arts, specialty treatments, salon and nail services, and spa classes among others.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The spa market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Spa Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the spa market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the leisure facilities market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Spa Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
33% of the market's growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany and France are the key markets for spas in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in the APAC, MEA, and South American regions.
The rise in the working population and an increase in expenditure will facilitate the spa market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the revenue of companies providing spa services in Europe. European countries, including Germany, the UK, France, Italy, and Spain, are severely hit by the pandemic. These countries witnessed a significant number of fatalities due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the first half of 2020. Amid this pandemic, the regulatory bodies of several countries in Europe imposed a lockdown that halted all beauty and wellness services, including spa services. Even after the lockdown curbs are removed, people are scared to go to spas because of the contagious nature of the virus. This is hampering the revenue growth of spa companies, which, in turn, is impeding the growth of the market.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Spa Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The spa market share growth by the day/club/salon spa segment will be significant during the forecast period. Services offered by The Mineral Spa include body treatments such as ROYAL RENEWAL ULTIMATE FULL BODY RITUAL, MINERAL PURIFYING RITUAL, HERBAL HYDRATION RITUAL, and other services. It also offers Girls' Day Out packages that include a 60-minute pass to The Retreat, its mineral water therapy zone. During the forecast period, many vendors are expected to offer innovative day/club/salon spa services.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the spa market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
You may be interested in:
Europe Spa market - The market share is expected to grow at a CAGR of close to 9% during the forecast period.
US Spa market - The market share is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% by 2020.
Spa Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 22.08 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, APAC, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 33%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, France, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Aspira Spa, Cal-a-Vie Health Spa, Gaia Retreat & Spa, Hand & Stone Franchise Corp., HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA, Kempinski Hotels SA, Lanserhof GmbH, Marriott International Inc., ME SPE Franchising LLC, and Rancho La Puerta Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Spa Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive spa market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the spa market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the spa industry across Europe, APAC, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of spa market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- Exhibit 03:Value Chain Analysis: Leisure Facilities Market
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
- 4.7 Market condition
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 17: Day/club/salon spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 5.3 Day/club/salon spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 18: Day/club/salon spa - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 19: Hotel/resort spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 5.4 Hotel/resort spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 20: Hotel/resort spa - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 21: Destination spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 5.5 Destination spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 22: Destination spa - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 23: Medical spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 5.6 Medical spa - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 24: Medical spa - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by Type
- 5.8 Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 35: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 37: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 39: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 45: Landscape disruption
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 49: Aspira Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Aspira Spa - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: Aspira Spa - Key offerings
- 10.3 Aspira Spa
- Exhibit 52: Cal-a-Vie Health Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Cal-a-Vie Health Spa - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Cal-a-Vie Health Spa - Key offerings
- 10.4 Cal-a-Vie Health Spa
- Exhibit 55: Gaia Retreat & Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Gaia Retreat & Spa - Product and service
- Exhibit 57: Gaia Retreat & Spa - Key news
- 10.5 Gaia Retreat & Spa
- 10.6 Hand & Stone Franchise Corp.
- Exhibit 62: HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA - Overview
- Exhibit 63: HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA - Key offerings
- 10.7 HOT SPRINGS RESORT & SPA
- Exhibit 65: Kempinski Hotels SA - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Kempinski Hotels SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 67: Kempinski Hotels SA - Key news
- 10.8 Kempinski Hotels SA
- Exhibit 68: Kempinski Hotels SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Lanserhof GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Lanserhof GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Lanserhof GmbH - Key offerings
- 10.9 Lanserhof GmbH
- Exhibit 72: Marriott International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Marriott International Inc. - Business segments
- 10.10 Marriott International Inc.
- Exhibit 74: Marriott International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Marriott International Inc. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 76: ME SPE Franchising LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 77: ME SPE Franchising LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: ME SPE Franchising LLC - Key offerings
- 10.11 ME SPE Franchising LLC
- Exhibit 79: Rancho La Puerta Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Rancho La Puerta Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 81: Rancho La Puerta Inc. - Key news
- 10.12 Rancho La Puerta Inc.
- Exhibit 82: Rancho La Puerta Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- Exhibit 83: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 84: Research Methodology
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 85: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 86: Information sources
- Exhibit 87: List of abbreviations
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increase in adoption of facial, body, and hair treatments in spas
- Increase in availability of flotation therapy spa services
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts