Aluminum Conductors Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43903
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The aluminum conductors market share is expected to increase by 667.27 thousand tons from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.88%.
This aluminum conductors market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers aluminum conductors market segmentation by type (AAC, AAAC, ACSR, and other aluminum conductors) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA). The aluminum conductors market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Apar Industries Ltd., HELUKABEL Romania Srl, Nexans SA, Norsk Hydro ASA, Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC, Oman Cables Industry SAOG, Prysmian Spa, PT Voksel Electric Tbk, Southwire Co. LLC, and Sterlite Technologies Ltd. among others.
What will the Aluminum Conductors Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Aluminum Conductors Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Aluminum Conductors Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The expansion and revamping of t&d networks are notably driving the aluminum conductors market growth, although factors such as volatile raw material prices may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the aluminum conductors industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Aluminum Conductors Market Driver
The expansion and revamping of T&D networks are one of the key factors driving the growth of the global aluminum conductors market. In India, consumer confidence, infrastructure, and industrialization are expected to improve due to the strong political mandate (favorable business-focused environment) and an increase in foreign direct investment in various sectors. Initiatives like "Smart Cities" will result in a major renovation in infrastructure and other sectors. India is one of the biggest consumers of electric energy after the US and China. With rapid industrialization and urbanization in the country, there will be more demand for electricity. India has a shortfall in energy supply, with the Eastern and Western parts of the country being exceptions. India is unable to cater to overall demand. The country's outdated electrical infrastructure is quite unreliable, with many areas of the country facing major power cuts. This can be attributed to significant T&D losses as well as inadequate generation capacity. The investment in the power sector in India will reach around $250 billion by 2020. These factors will boost the demand for aluminum conductors.
Key Aluminum Conductors Market Trend
The growing consumption of secondary aluminum will fuel the global aluminum conductors market growth. Globally, scraped aluminum is increasingly used to reduce the manufacturing cost and carbon footprint of the aluminum industry. Aluminum is known for its high recyclability. Secondary aluminum is produced from recycled aluminum obtained from end-of-life aluminum products. Recycling aluminum is an environment-friendly process, and it requires very less energy when compared to primary aluminum. The recycling of aluminum scrap improves the industry's economic viability and minimizes the environmental impact by reducing the need to extract bauxite for aluminum production. This significantly reduces CO2 emissions, minimizes energy and water consumption, and lowers air pollution. However, owing to an increase in electricity and energy costs, manufacturers started using secondary aluminum as the major raw material to decrease their overall cost of production. Moreover, concerns regarding global warming are also driving the use of secondary aluminum to produce aluminum foil products.
Key Aluminum Conductors Market Challenge
The volatile raw material prices are a major challenge for the global aluminum conductors market growth. Aluminum and copper are the primary raw materials used in cables and conductors. The cost of these raw materials accounts for a major percentage of the total manufacturing cost of power cable vendors. After the pandemic, the price of aluminum declined due to a demand-supply gap in 2020. The price rose drastically due to the revised supply-demand level in 2021. By April 2021, LME (London Metal Exchange) aluminum price was $2,344.01 per ton. Because of the large share of raw material cost in total manufacturing cost, volatility in the price of aluminum (as well as other necessary raw materials, including fuel and energy) leads to significant volatility in the cost incurred, the number of units sold, and the revenue earned by aluminum cable and conductor manufacturers. Vendors try to offset the impact of volatile raw material prices on their profit margins through negotiated price changes in the final product. However, in such instances, selling price changes lag behind raw material price changes. This lag occurs as time is required to implement necessary changes in the customer pricing strategy.
This aluminum conductors market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global aluminum conductor market as a part of the global aluminum market within the global metals and mining market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the aluminum conductors market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Aluminum Conductors Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Apar Industries Ltd.
- HELUKABEL Romania Srl
- Nexans SA
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC
- Oman Cables Industry SAOG
- Prysmian Spa
- PT Voksel Electric Tbk
- Southwire Co. LLC
- Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
This statistical study of the aluminum conductors market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The aluminum conductors market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Apar Industries Ltd. - The company offers TACSR Dog Conductors.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The aluminum conductors market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Aluminum Conductors Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the aluminum conductors market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global metals and mining market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Aluminum Conductors Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
61% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, Japan, and India are the key markets for aluminum conductors market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The expansion and revamping of T&D network will facilitate the aluminum conductors market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 in APAC is expected to hamper the growth of the rigid plastic packaging market in the region. In March 2020, the governments of several countries in the region imposed a complete lockdown to prevent the community's spread of the disease. Owing to these lockdowns and stringent regulations, all manufacturing industries in APAC countries have been highly affected. Moreover, their production units have been either closed or halted, leading to a negative impact on the growth of the aluminum conductors market in the region. However, lifting of lockdowns and simultaneously reopening of manufacturing units of aluminum conductors are estimated to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Aluminum Conductors Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The aluminum conductors' market share growth by the AAC segment will be significant during the forecast period. AACs are used as overhead conductors for power distribution lines. AACs consist of one or more aluminum strands depending on the application requirement. AACs have limited application in transmission lines owing to their low strength-to-weight ratio. However, these conductors are widely used as bus bars in substations, especially in urban areas, where high conductivity is required and spans are usually short.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the aluminum conductors market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Aluminum Conductors Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.88%
Market growth 2021-2025
667.27 th tons
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 61%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Japan, India, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Apar Industries Ltd., HELUKABEL Romania Srl, Nexans SA, Norsk Hydro ASA, Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC, Oman Cables Industry SAOG, Prysmian Spa, PT Voksel Electric Tbk, Southwire Co. LLC, and Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Aluminum Conductors Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive aluminum conductors market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the aluminum conductors market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the aluminum conductors industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of aluminum conductors market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Diversified metals and mining
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.3 AAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: AAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 18: AAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 AAAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: AAAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 20: AAAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 ACSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: ACSR - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 22: ACSR - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Other aluminum conductors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Other aluminum conductors - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 24: Other aluminum conductors - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 26: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 34: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (thousand tons)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography (thousand tons)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 44: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 45: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Apar Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 49: Apar Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Apar Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Apar Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Apar Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 HELUKABEL Romania Srl
- Exhibit 53: HELUKABEL Romania Srl - Overview
- Exhibit 54: HELUKABEL Romania Srl - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: HELUKABEL Romania Srl - Key offerings
- 10.5 Nexans SA
- Exhibit 56: Nexans SA - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Nexans SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Nexans SA - Key news
- Exhibit 59: Nexans SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Nexans SA - Segment focus
- 10.6 Norsk Hydro ASA
- Exhibit 61: Norsk Hydro ASA - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Norsk Hydro ASA - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: Norsk Hydro ASA - Key news
- Exhibit 64: Norsk Hydro ASA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Norsk Hydro ASA - Segment focus
- 10.7 Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC
- Exhibit 66: Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 68: Oman Aluminium Processing Industries LLC - Key offerings
- 10.8 Oman Cables Industry SAOG
- Exhibit 69: Oman Cables Industry SAOG - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Oman Cables Industry SAOG - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Oman Cables Industry SAOG - Key offerings
- 10.9 Prysmian Spa
- Exhibit 72: Prysmian Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 73: Prysmian Spa - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: Prysmian Spa - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Prysmian Spa - Segment focus
- 10.10 PT Voksel Electric Tbk
- Exhibit 76: PT Voksel Electric Tbk - Overview
- Exhibit 77: PT Voksel Electric Tbk - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: PT Voksel Electric Tbk - Key news
- Exhibit 79: PT Voksel Electric Tbk - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: PT Voksel Electric Tbk - Segment focus
- 10.11 Southwire Co. LLC
- Exhibit 81: Southwire Co. LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Southwire Co. LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 83: Southwire Co. LLC - Key news
- Exhibit 84: Southwire Co. LLC - Key offerings
- 10.12 Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
- Exhibit 85: Sterlite Technologies Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: Sterlite Technologies Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 87: Sterlite Technologies Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 88: Sterlite Technologies Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 89: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 90: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 91: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 92: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 93: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Expansion and revamping of T&D networks
- Growing consumption of secondary aluminum
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts