Annuloplasty Rings Market by Application and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2022
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44060
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The annuloplasty rings market share is expected to increase by USD 31.19 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.5%.
This annuloplasty rings market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The annuloplasty rings market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Abbott Laboratories, AFFLUENT MEDICAL, BioStable Science and Engineering Inc., Boston Scientific Corp., Braile Biomedica, Corcym Srl, CORONEO, Edwards Lifesciences Corp., Genesee BioMedical Inc., Labcor, Medtentia International Ltd Oy, Medtronic Plc, Micro Interventional Devices Inc., and Valcare Medical among others.
This report further entails annuloplasty rings market segmentations, including:
- Application - Mitral valve repair and tricuspid valve repair
- Geography - North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of World (ROW)
What will the Annuloplasty Rings Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Annuloplasty Rings Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
"The fast-growing geographies are those that will grow faster than the global market during 2021-2025. Conversely, the slow-growing geographies are those that will exhibit a slower growth rate than that of the global market"
Annuloplasty Rings Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The development of biodegradable annuloplasty rings is notably driving the annuloplasty rings market growth, although factors such as the high cost of annuloplasty may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the annuloplasty rings industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Annuloplasty Rings Market Driver
The development of biodegradable annuloplasty rings is one of the key drivers supporting the annuloplasty rings market growth. Significantly, the biodegradable ring annuloplasty technique can be used easily and safely in moderate and severe cases of tricuspid regurgitation. However, conventional annuloplasty rings and bands are predominantly made of a polyester mesh, making them susceptible to seeding and infection. At the same time, biodegradable annuloplasty rings are theoretically more infection resistant due to their nonporous structures and intra-annular implantation technique. For instance, a biodegradable annuloplasty ring called Kalangos has been demonstrated to have infection resistance when implanted in an active infectious environment. Hence, these factors are expected to increase the development of biodegradable annuloplasty rings, which, in turn, will positively impact the growth of the annuloplasty rings market during the forecast period.
Key Annuloplasty Rings Market Trend
Growing preference toward annuloplasty for aortic valve repair is one of the key annuloplasty rings market trends that is contributing to the market growth. The beneficiary attributes of aortic valve repair procedures include lower operative mortality, lower risk of valve-related complications, improved long-term ventricular function, and improved long-term survival. Moreover, it significantly reduces or eliminates the need for long-term anticoagulation therapy. Hence, in the last two decades, aortic valve repair has evolved from an occasional procedure to a reproducible treatment option for a significant proportion of patients with aortic valve regurgitation. Furthermore, vendors are increasing their R&D investments to develop annuloplasty devices for aortic valve repair. Therefore, such factors will drive the growth of the annuloplasty rings market during the forecast period.
Key Annuloplasty Rings Market Challenge
The high cost of annuloplasty is one of the challenges that may impede the annuloplasty rings market growth during the forecast period. For instance, the FY 2018 Final Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) rule released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has decreased the payment for transcatheter mitral valve repair procedures by up to 2.8%. However, vendors offering annuloplasty rings can charge high prices mainly due to structural barriers to competition, such as the complex, costly regulatory approval process and patent protection. These barriers discourage imported annuloplasty rings, which might compete with domestically manufactured devices and reduce the prices. Hence, the high cost of annuloplasty rings and procedures is expected to hamper the growth of the global annuloplasty rings market during the forecast period.
This annuloplasty rings market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global annuloplasty rings market as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the annuloplasty rings market during the forecast period.
The parent, global healthcare equipment market covers products and companies engaged in research and development (R&D) of a variety of product categories, including capital equipment, instruments, implants, accessories, and consumables that are used for the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of various diseases. Technavio calculates the global healthcare equipment market size based on combined revenue generated by manufacturers of various diagnostic equipment and devices used across the therapy areas. The healthcare equipment industry comprises the below segments: Devices: Includes advanced, differentiated, and clinically tested data-driven devices (e.g., transcatheter mitral valve replacement) and relatively mature product segments (e.g., bone replacement) Equipment: Includes equipment used in healthcare settings such as beds, stretchers, advanced robotic surgery systems, and imaging and diagnostic equipment Growth in the global healthcare equipment market will be driven by the following factors: Increasing life expectancy:
Who are the Major Annuloplasty Rings Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- AFFLUENT MEDICAL
- BioStable Science and Engineering Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- Braile Biomedica
- Corcym Srl
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp.
- Genesee BioMedical Inc.
- Medtentia International Ltd Oy
- Medtronic Plc
- Micro Interventional Devices Inc.
- Valcare Medical
This statistical study of the annuloplasty rings market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The annuloplasty rings market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as the development of technologically advanced devices, price reductions, and expanding their presence in untapped markets to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Abbott Laboratories - Under the medical devices segment, the company offers products for rhythm management, electrophysiology, heart failure, vascular, structural heart, and neuromodulation.
- Abbott Laboratories - The company offers Attune Flexible Adjustable annuloplasty ring that is designed to allow dynamic movement of the annulus while maintaining the size of the repaired valve.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The annuloplasty rings market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Annuloplasty Rings Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the annuloplasty rings market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
Which are the Key Regions for Annuloplasty Rings Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
46% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for the annuloplasty rings market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in Asia.
The improved healthcare infrastructure will facilitate the annuloplasty rings market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 had a negative impact on the regional market growth. However, the market has been recovering since 2021, as the pandemic has been brought under control with the introduction of COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, such factors will drive the growth of the regional market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Application Segments in the Annuloplasty Rings Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The annuloplasty rings market share growth by the mitral valve repair segment will be significant during the forecast period. Mitral valve repair preserves native valve function and offers long-term outcomes and durability without the need for anticoagulation. Annuloplasty procedures are used to treat the mitral valve for the long-term preservation of LV function, demonstrating low postoperative mortality, improvement in heart failure symptoms, and improvement in ventricular size and ejection fraction. Thus, considering these factors, the mitral valve repair segment is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the annuloplasty rings market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Annuloplasty Rings Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.5%
Market growth 2022-2026
$ 31.19 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of World (ROW)
Performing market contribution
North America at 46%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, Germany, UK, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Abbott Laboratories, AFFLUENT MEDICAL, BioStable Science and Engineering Inc., Boston Scientific Corp., Braile Biomedica, Corcym Srl, CORONEO, Edwards Lifesciences Corp., Genesee BioMedical Inc., Labcor, Medtentia International Ltd Oy, Medtronic Plc, Micro Interventional Devices Inc., and Valcare Medical
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, and Market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Annuloplasty Rings Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive annuloplasty rings market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the annuloplasty rings market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the annuloplasty rings industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of World (ROW)
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of annuloplasty rings market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare equipment market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Mitral valve repair - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Mitral valve repair - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Mitral valve repair - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Tricuspid valve repair - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Tricuspid valve repair - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Tricuspid valve repair - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Abbott Laboratories
- Exhibit 41: Abbott Laboratories - Overview
- Exhibit 42: Abbott Laboratories - Business segments
- Exhibit 43: Abbott Laboratories - Key news
- Exhibit 44: Abbott Laboratories - Key offerings
- Exhibit 45: Abbott Laboratories - Segment focus
- 10.4 AFFLUENT MEDICAL SA
- Exhibit 46: AFFLUENT MEDICAL SA - Overview
- Exhibit 47: AFFLUENT MEDICAL SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 48: AFFLUENT MEDICAL SA - Key news
- Exhibit 49: AFFLUENT MEDICAL SA - Key offerings
- 10.5 BioStable Science & Engineering Inc.
- Exhibit 50: BioStable Science & Engineering Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: BioStable Science & Engineering Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 52: BioStable Science & Engineering Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 53: BioStable Science & Engineering Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: BioStable Science & Engineering Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Boston Scientific Corp.
- 10.7 CORONEO Inc.
- Exhibit 60: CORONEO Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: CORONEO Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 62: CORONEO Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: CORONEO Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Edwards Lifesciences Corp.
- Exhibit 64: Edwards Lifesciences Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Edwards Lifesciences Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Edwards Lifesciences Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 67: Edwards Lifesciences Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Edwards Lifesciences Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Genesee BioMedical Inc.
- Exhibit 69: Genesee BioMedical Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Genesee BioMedical Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Genesee BioMedical Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 LivaNova Plc
- Exhibit 72: LivaNova Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 73: LivaNova Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: LivaNova Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 75: LivaNova Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: LivaNova Plc - Segment focus
- 10.11 Medtronic Plc
- Exhibit 77: Medtronic Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Medtronic Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Medtronic Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 80: Medtronic Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Medtronic Plc - Segment focus
- 10.12 Valcare Medical
- Exhibit 82: Valcare Medical - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Valcare Medical - Product and service
- Exhibit 84: Valcare Medical - Key news
- Exhibit 85: Valcare Medical - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 86: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 87: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 88: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 89: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 90: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing prevalence of heart valve diseases
- Growing preference toward annuloplasty for aortic valve repair
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts