Beer Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Mar 2021
- Pages: 119
- SKU: IRTNTR40198
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The beer market share is expected to increase by USD 88.7 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%.
This beer market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers beer market segmentation by distribution channel (on-trade and off-trade) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA). The beer market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Carlsberg Breweries AS, Diageo Plc, Heineken NV, Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd., Molson Coors Beverage Co., Royal Unibrew AS, Sapporo Holdings Ltd., and The Boston Beer Co. Inc. among others.
What will the Beer Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Beer Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Beer Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The rising demand for beer in emerging economies is notably driving the beer market growth, although factors such as the presence of stringent regulations and a high rate of taxes on alcoholic beverages may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the beer industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Beer Market Driver
The rising demand for premium beers in emerging economies is notably driving the global beer market growth. The demand for premium beer is rising in emerging economies owing to the changing lifestyle of people, rapid urbanization, increasing disposable income, and the popularity of beer among millennials. A significant rise in per capita income in developed and developing economies is increasing the demand for premium varieties of beer among consumers. Global vendors are focusing on strengthening their distribution channels and promoting the online sales of beer across various emerging economies. Emerging countries are dependent on imports to address the rising demand for global premium beer brands and craft beers. Premium varieties of beers are widely preferred because of their authenticity, taste, and brand. Owing to the increasing demand for such beers, vendors offer premium varieties of beer.
Key Beer Market Trend
The growth of online retailing is the key market trend driving the global beer market growth. Online retailing has helped small business units, such as the producers of craft beer, showcase their products to a wide range of consumers. Online retail and delivery stores, such as The Beer Store, Minibar, Drizly, and Liquor Mart Inc., are popular, as they offer bottled beers and crafts beers. The availability of beer in online retail stores improves the visibility of vendors. It also enables vendors to increase sales among Internet-savvy customers. Such stores also provide product descriptions and reviews. Various vendors that operate in the global beer market offer their products online on their own websites. The shift from traditional retailing to online retailing to omnichannel retailing by consumers and the increasing penetration of the Internet across regions are expected to drive the growth of the global beer market during the forecast period.
Key Beer Market Challenge
One of the major challenges impeding the global beer market growth is the presence of stringent regulations and high rate of taxes on alcoholic beverages. Companies that operate in the global beer market must comply with the stringent regulations and guidelines issued by various government bodies. Laws related to alcoholic beverages govern the manufacturing, sales, and export-import of various end-products, including beer. Several federal and state laws differ from one state to another, which causes complexities for all stakeholders. Breweries must implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), which ensure that their facility is clean, hygienic, and safe. The cost of aligning products and operations to regulatory evolution is a primary concern for vendors. Restrictions on foreign market entry, the high rate of taxes, and the imposition of trade tariffs are also a challenge for vendors. All these factors can affect the growth of the global beer market during the forecast period.
This beer market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global beer market as a part of the global distillers and vintners market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the beer market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Beer Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV
- Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
- Carlsberg Breweries AS
- Diageo Plc
- Heineken NV
- Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Molson Coors Beverage Co.
- Royal Unibrew AS
- Sapporo Holdings Ltd.
- The Boston Beer Co. Inc.
This statistical study of the beer market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The beer market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies based on the type, price, and quality to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - The company offers beer through global brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois, Castle Lager Hoegaarden and Corona.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The beer market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Beer Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the beer market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Beer Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
40% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for beer market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe and North America.
The rising gross domestic product (GDP) and economic growth in the region, the increasing popularity and acceptance of beer in various countries of the region will facilitate the beer market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market will experience slow growth in 2020, owing to the outbreak of COVID-19. The slow growth in sales is attributed to the outbreak of COVID-19 and the lockdown imposed in APAC countries. Most liquor outlets are not in operation due to a lockdown imposed by the governments of several countries across the region. However, during the forecast period, the growth will recover and resume growth owing to upliftment of lockdown and opening of on-trade distribution channel in the regions.
What are the Revenue-generating Distribution Channel Segments in the Beer Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The beer market share growth by the on-trade segment will be significant during the forecast period. On-trade distribution, which is also called on-premise distribution, includes establishments in which customers can purchase and consume beer. The on-trade segment is estimated to grow significantly during the forecast period, owing to the rising number of microbreweries and the popularity of macro breweries drive the growth of the on-trade segment.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the beer market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Beer Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.45%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 88.7 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 40%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Russian Federation, Brazil, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Carlsberg Breweries AS, Diageo Plc, Heineken NV, Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd., Molson Coors Beverage Co., Royal Unibrew AS, Sapporo Holdings Ltd., and The Boston Beer Co. Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Beer Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive beer market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the beer market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the beer industry across APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of beer market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Distillers and vintners market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Distribution channel
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Distribution channel - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Distribution channel
- 5.3 On-trade - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: On-trade - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: On-trade - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Off-trade - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Off-trade - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Off-trade - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Distribution channel
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Distribution channel
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor Landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV
- Exhibit 43: Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV - Segment focus
- 10.4 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
- Exhibit 48: Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 51: Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Carlsberg Breweries AS
- Exhibit 53: Carlsberg Breweries AS - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Carlsberg Breweries AS - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Carlsberg Breweries AS - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Carlsberg Breweries AS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Carlsberg Breweries AS - Segment focus
- 10.6 Diageo Plc
- 10.7 Heineken NV
- Exhibit 63: Heineken NV - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Heineken NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Heineken NV - Key news
- Exhibit 66: Heineken NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Heineken NV - Segment focus
- 10.8 Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 71: Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Molson Coors Beverage Co.
- Exhibit 73: Molson Coors Beverage Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Molson Coors Beverage Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Molson Coors Brewing Co. - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Molson Coors Beverage Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Molson Coors Beverage Co. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Royal Unibrew AS
- Exhibit 78: Royal Unibrew AS - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Royal Unibrew AS - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Royal Unibrew AS - Key offerings
- Exhibit 81: Royal Unibrew AS - Segment focus
- 10.11 Sapporo Holdings Ltd.
- Exhibit 82: Sapporo Holdings Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 83: Sapporo Holdings Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 84: Sapporo Holdings Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Sapporo Holdings Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.12 The Boston Beer Co. Inc.
- Exhibit 86: The Boston Beer Co. Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 87: The Boston Beer Co. Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 88: The Boston Beer Co. Inc. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 89: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 90: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 91: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 92: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 93: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- rising demand for premium beers in emerging economies
- growth of online retailing
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts