The chainsaw market share is expected to increase by USD 320.00 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.23%.
This chainsaw market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers chainsaw market segmentation by product (gas-powered and electric-powered), end-user (commercial end-users and non-commercial end-users), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA). The chainsaw market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG, ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Husqvarna AB, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Lowes Companies Inc., Makita Corp., Robert Bosch GmbH, Stanley Black & Decker Inc., Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd., and Zhejiang Zomax Garden Machinery Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Chainsaw Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Chainsaw Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
"China imports softwood logs from Europe. Between January 2019 and October 2019, the volume of softwood logs exported from Europe to China was about 4.5 times higher when compared to that between January 2018 to October 2018."
Chainsaw Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing deforestation due to rising demand for commodities is notably driving the chainsaw market growth, although factors such as risks associated with chainsaws may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the chainsaw industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Chainsaw Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the global chainsaw market growth is the increasing deforestation due to the rising demand for commodities. Increased demand for products such as soybeans, palm oil, and wood products is leading to deforestation. The demand is driven by the growing population worldwide. Obtaining agricultural commodities such as soybeans and palm oil require the clearing of forests to create arable land. Increased production of these commodities in countries such as Brazil, Colombia, and Indonesia has resulted in deforestation. Demand for products such as meat and milk has also resulted in an expansion in the grazing land by clearing forest areas. Slash and burn agriculture and the illegal supply of rare varieties of wood such as rosewood, mahogany, and teak have led to an increase in the rate of deforestation. The demand for chainsaws as a tool for bucking, cutting, and felling trees is expected to increase globally due to an increase in deforestation activities.
Key Chainsaw Market Trend
The growing popularity of electric-powered chainsaws is one of the key chainsaw market trends that is expected to impact the industry positively in the forecast period. Electric-powered chainsaws are gaining popularity due to decreased emissions as compared with gas-powered chainsaws. Among electric-powered chainsaws, the corded chainsaws have a power cord, which restricts the movements of the user to a certain distance due to its length. The electric chainsaws cannot be used for tasks that are far from the power outlet. The mobility issues can be overcome by cordless chainsaws. Hence, they are gaining significant popularity among end-users, as they are easier to carry in the forests and reach increased heights. The increased demand for these chainsaws, along with rising product launches in the cordless chainsaw segment, drive the market.
Key Chainsaw Market Challenge
One of the key challenges to the global chainsaw market growth is the risks associated with chainsaws. Improper use of chainsaws has resulted in many injuries and deaths. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of people injured from chainsaws in the US is about 36,000 annually. The use of chainsaws with one hand can result in kickbacks. The kickback can cause fatal injuries if the rotating saw blade comes in contact with the operator. The end-users also face challenging circumstances while operating chainsaws, which include heights, slippery workplaces, and falling trees. While professional workers have the training and protective gear for avoiding mishaps, workers who are involved in illegal deforestation activities may lack training or protection, thereby facing an increased risk of accidents.
This chainsaw market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global chainsaw market as a part of the global agricultural and farm machinery market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the chainsaw market during the forecast period.
Vendors operating in the market are increasingly focusing on expanding their product portfolio with new product launches. The new product launches help the vendors to increase the sales of agricultural and farm machinery and thereby help in increasing their market share. The vendors are trying to attract more consumers by introducing new variants of machinery with improved features and offering agricultural and farm machinery with patented features.
Who are the Major Chainsaw Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG
- ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG
- Husqvarna AB
- Koki Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Lowes Companies Inc.
- Makita Corp.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Stanley Black & Decker Inc.
- Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Zomax Garden Machinery Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the chainsaw market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The chainsaw market is fragmented and the vendors are adopting growth strategies such as expanding and strengthening distribution network to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG - The company offers battery powered chainsaws that includes CNS 18-30 Battery and CNS 36-35 Battery.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The chainsaw market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Chainsaw Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the chainsaw market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chains is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Chainsaw Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
40% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US and Canada are the key markets for chainsaws in North America. Market growth in North America will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The increasing use of wood as a sustainable material in the construction and furniture industries will facilitate the chainsaw market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the market in focus in the region witnessed certain challenges due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Amid the pandemic, owing to a halt in international transportation activities, several companies operating in end-user industries, such as the forest industry and construction industry, witnessed a significant decrease in revenue, which, in turn, affected their investing power. This, in turn, led to the postponement or cancellation of their investments in new plants. Considering the resumption of business activities in end-user industries in the second half of 2020, the chainsaw market in North America is expected to witness steady growth during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Chainsaw Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The chainsaw market share growth by the gas-powered segment will be significant during the forecast period. Gas-powered chainsaws have internal combustion engines, which require petrol or diesel to operate. They provide higher power and torque for cutting heavier trees when compared with electric-powered chainsaws. Due to their high power, they are used in heavy-duty applications such as logging large trees and in rescue operations. In addition, the low crude oil prices in North America and MEA will drive the demand for gas-powered chainsaws.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the chainsaw market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Chainsaw Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.23%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 320.00 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 40%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, China, Canada, and Russian Federation
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG, ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Husqvarna AB, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Lowes Companies Inc., Makita Corp., Robert Bosch GmbH, Stanley Black & Decker Inc., Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd., and Zhejiang Zomax Garden Machinery Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Request for a FREE sample
What are the Key Data Covered in this Chainsaw Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive chainsaw market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the chainsaw market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the chainsaw industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of chainsaw market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis : Agricultural and farm machinery
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Gas-powered - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Gas-powered - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Gas-powered - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Electric-powered - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Electric-powered - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Electric-powered - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.3 Non-commercial end-users
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- 10.3 Competitive scenario
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG
- 11.4 ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG
- 11.6 Koki Holdings Co. Ltd.
- 11.7 Lowes Companies Inc.
- 11.10 Stanley Black & Decker Inc.
- 11.11 Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd.
- 11.12 Zhejiang Zomax Garden Machinery Co. Ltd.
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations